corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People who work nights,

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People who work nights,
DanCobb

User status: Offline
6th Jan 13 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you find it compared to working days? I've been offered a job which is less hours, more money but at night. Is it a nightmare as a lot of people make out or do you prefer it? & why? Pros/cons?

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its perm nights its not too bad, only thing you will struggle with is people dont understand what working nights means

they will ring you at 1pm and expect you to be up

ask you to do things for them because you are off all day

once you get into a pattern everything is easy
John

6th Jan 13 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If everyone around you works normal hours it ruins your life. Depends how much money you are making and how willing you are to work around it though.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does it ruin your life?
John

6th Jan 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because everyone else in your life works normal hours. I've done both straight night shift and really bad shifts, both for long enough to know I couldn't do it long term.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all my mates work normal hours

me working perm nights hasnt ruined my life
fred7

6th Jan 13 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked perm nights for a year and a half. Much perfered it work all night but if you need to do somin like doctors etc u can. More money and in my experience less bosses etc around so can relax more
John

6th Jan 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a life to ruin mate.

If you have a girlfriend for instance and you can't see her apart from a small window at the weekend, which happens to be the same small window you've got to see your mates and do everything else you've missed.

Only good bit about nights is you can do stuff during the day that's normally a pita, sorting out boring stuff like bills etc.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, must be true because you said so.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are your mates and your girlfriend not allowed to be in the same place at the same time?
fred7

6th Jan 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im married with a 2 year old. I seen them more on nights than days!! Didnt start till 10 so see mates for few hours before my shift. Easy. Dancobb if its more money and less hours and try it
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Im married with a 2 year old. I seen them more on nights than days!! Didnt start till 10 so see mates for few hours before my shift. Easy. Dancobb if its more money and less hours and try it

lies, john says it ruins your life
fred7

6th Jan 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha ok then sorry sir
Y869 SRA

6th Jan 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm more of a sleep half the day and up til early hours kinda guy anyways so nights suits me but I prefer lates. Was working 4 til midnight up til Xmas which was absolutly perfect for me.
Ben G

6th Jan 13 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work.a 3 shift pattern , so every 3 weeks i'm on a night shift week.

The first 2 days are hard as you need to adjust your sleeping pattern, but the other 3 are ok.

Only bad bits are getting up at a decent time on saturday and wanker neighbours banging about during the day.

I wouldn't say it ruins your life. I find I get more sleep on a night shift than I do on earlies.
Ben G

6th Jan 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You need a life to ruin mate.

If you have a girlfriend for instance and you can't see her apart from a small window at the weekend, which happens to be the same small window you've got to see your mates and do everything else you've missed.

Only good bit about nights is you can do stuff during the day that's normally a pita, sorting out boring stuff like bills etc.

What if your girlfriend alsp works full time?

When i'm on earlies and the other half finishes at 6, she doesn't usually get home until 7pm and I try to get to bed for 11pm, so a 4 hour window.

When i'm on nights I leave for work at 10pm so it's an hour less a day. Hardly ruins your life.
Eddie.2k

6th Jan 13 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work offshore on nights, now that ruins your life! 6.30pm to 6.30am.

Usually get up about 3pm and then im usually sleeping by 7-8am
I do prefer working nights though theres less hassle than what they get on dayshift. No bosses about and extra long breaks. Plus the extra money is good too
Corsa_Sport21

6th Jan 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with John on this.

Hate working nights. Even just doing it for 2 weeks covering some1 who's on holiday, its utter shite. End up sleeping all day and have no time to do anything.

My normal hours is 3am to 11.15am so that still gives me all day to do stuff. Nights are 10pm to 6.15am. Even the guys who are on constant nightshift hate it and wish they never agreed to do it.

If you aren't used to doing it and havn't done it from the start, it does ruin things. Would have to change your ways big time to have a hope of leading the life you did before.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do 7:15pm-7:45am but usually stay until 8:30 to make sure dayshift know what they have to do.

get home around 9 i'll get up at 4 or earlier if there is something i really need to do. generally just leave it all until the weekend though
fred7

6th Jan 13 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3am to 11.15am. Those must be the worst hours ive heard of what do u do to start at that time in the morning milk man??
Corsa_Sport21

6th Jan 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Baker.
sc0ott

6th Jan 13 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quit your paper round, youll get home at 10.
Wrighty

6th Jan 13 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work split 12hr shifts 2 days 2 nights back to back. nights have always suited me better i really struggle on the day shifts. would do perm nights if i could
Ben G

6th Jan 13 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12 hr nights sod that.

mine are 10:30pm-6:30am. usually in bed for 6:45am so plenty of time to do what i want during the day.

when i first started, i used to do 8:45pm-6:15am monday-thursday and got friday night off, but even that was pretty pants compared to now.
Graham88

6th Jan 13 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've worked permanent nights for 6 years 11pm till 6:30. Would not change it for the world! I get all day to do what I want, work on the car, go shopping etc. Missus comes home at 5-6 I leave at 10 so loads of time to see each other.

I couldn't work days, having to get up to my alarm, worrying when I can't sleep cause I know I have to get up in the morning, having to take a day off work to wait in for parcels, engineers etc.

Just put your phone on silent and vibrate off otherwise people forget or companies ring you at 91am.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People who work nights, 22 database queries in 0.0122030 seconds