corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Non-racism getting called racist - Rant

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Non-racism getting called racist - Rant
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   11th Jan 13 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just read this
LINK

What the actual fuck?

How on earth is that racist?

The guy he said it to says he isn't arsed, it's just banter that goes on. Now a bunch of stupid liberal wankers have decided to blow it out of proportion and claim it's racist.

What the fuck is this country coming to with this racist card? It seems more and more it's some white guy in an office that calls it racist when the people involved don't mean it in a racist way and don't percieve it in a racist way.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Jan 13 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twitter is without doubt the most stupid/dangerous social media out there
LeeM

11th Jan 13 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was someone telling someone from Pakistan to fuck off back to their own country would you see why it's racism?

[Edited on 12-01-2013 by LeeM]
Ste
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And why is telling someone from Pakistan to go back to their own country racist? Again, you're white so assume saying something to a brown person means it's racist.

We have a Immigration Department who's job it is to tell people to go back to their own country. Not racist.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
LeeM

12th Jan 13 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand what racism is, doesnt matter about their colour its about hatred and intolerance based purely on race which is what this looks to be a case of.
Ste
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 00:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It isn't though is it. It's banter. The 'victim' said so

LeeM

12th Jan 13 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

banter is between mates, not on a public forum like that.
Ste
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 06:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still not racism though is it. At best it's xenophobia, but again, was said in jest not seriously so it is neither.

AK

12th Jan 13 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all completly out of hand.... one rule for 'white' another for 'non white'

I.e racisim only seems to go one way in the UK just now.

Similar story to equal rights.

A black lady with 1 arm may well get the job that was more suited to the 30yr old white man. Just because they need to make the numbers look good.
Toby
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
It isn't though is it. It's banter. The 'victim' said so

Whilst that maybe accurate between the two correspondents, if a third party was to feel offended by the comments (which is highly likey on Twitter) then that it also deemed racism regardless of the way it was communicated and the context it was used.

A friend of mine had a similar situation in which one of the lads called a lad from pakistan a Paki and they were both laughing and joking, a customer overheard them, made a complaint, under the legal definition my friends HR department told him to sack him.

Though i agree with what your saying, i was just pointing out the reasoning.
RichR
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it's simply not racist to call someone from Pakistan a paki and neither is it racist to tell someone to go back home. Along the line, racism has lost it's meaning to general folk. As Ste said, at worst it's xenophobia but actually, in both of the above examples, it's neither

[Edited on 12-01-2013 by LiVe LeE]
sc0ott

12th Jan 13 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If saying paki is racist then so is calling someone a brit or a scot.
Dave

12th Jan 13 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you see the story last week about the kid who dressed up as El Hadji Diouf? He died his hair blonde but also darkened his face.

Diouf posed for a photo with the kid outside the stadium, clearly having no issue with it but somebody looking for their 5 minutes got hold of it, made it into a major incident likening it to the minstrels and the kids father was forced to come out and apologise, despite Diouf and other players commenting and saying it was fine.

Often it's not the people who are involved in the incidents that are the problem, it's the people who wade in after.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen this a lot. Seems if you disagree with, have a go at or name call anyone who isn't white then it's racist.

I don't even think the term racist should exist. It's just another form of insult or bullying and should be filed under those categories. But it suits to have it separately. Then it can be focused on and made worse, in some cases purely so people can get what they want. It's actually a form of manipulation to gain power

[Edited on 12-01-2013 by Steve]
MoesTavern

12th Jan 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

Seriously?

What the fuck is going on with this forum
Nath

12th Jan 13 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

Seriously?

What the fuck is going on with this forum

You should read the racism thread in sports day.
Ben G

12th Jan 13 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where was the guy born?

if he was born in scotland, then surely he's already in his own country?
Hammer

12th Jan 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is racism you absolute idiot

This thread is a clear indication of white people attempting to mask casual racism by playing the exact same victimised card you are accusing minorities of.

Griffiths is as thick as fucking mince, has previous of being a cunt and has not only had his arse skelped by Wolves and Hibs but has also came back with his tail between his legs and apologised.

It is without question, in that context, what he meant when he said go home. It was a comment based on the colour of the guys skin not on knowing his personal situation. Pure, 100% racism.
Gavin
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
That is racism you absolute idiot

This thread is a clear indication of white people attempting to mask casual racism by playing the exact same victimised card you are accusing minorities of.

Griffiths is as thick as fucking mince, has previous of being a cunt and has not only had his arse skelped by Wolves and Hibs but has also came back with his tail between his legs and apologised.

It is without question, in that context, what he meant when he said go home. It was a comment based on the colour of the guys skin not on knowing his personal situation. Pure, 100% racism.

pew pew pew pewwwww
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here come the liberals. Next you won't be able to refuse to employ someone for any reason if they are black. Oh wait that's already pretty much happening, talking to a guy I know in the police, was saying how it's really difficult to get into the force these days and he said your best chance is if you're gay or black and that was a deadly serious comment
MoesTavern

12th Jan 13 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They come over here they take our jobs
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got nothing against black people having the jobs at all, but wtf. Why should they have more of a chance of getting ahead of someone else who's white purely because the liberals have ramped it up into so much of an issue that employers are scared to employ in anything other than equal nnumbers through fear of being accused of racism

It's simple. If the black person is the best candidate he should get the job if the white person is they should.

Not, oh we have employed 50 white people and only 30 black we need to make up the numbers.

[Edited on 12-01-2013 by Steve]
Hammer

12th Jan 13 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Here come the liberals.

Is this the same sort of assumption you make when pondering where someone comes from and deciding via the colour of their skin?
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Jan 13 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the same sort of assumption you make when being offended on behalf of other people.

Surely you must agree that in a lot of these cases, liberal hangers-on are more conspicuous than the actual guy its aimed at?

I think the guy who said is thick as fuck, clearly a weak insult and clearly going to get him in to trouble, but Police have been informed? - WTF.

The disciplinary procedure at the club is probably a meeting in a locked room to say you've been a silly boy, no one is that arsed but we're going to tell the media its a big nasty telling off to please the liberals.

They'll be most pissed off that the club is now brought in to disrepute by the nature of the backlash, not that the comment itself had any substance.
Hammer

12th Jan 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Is this the same sort of assumption you make when being offended on behalf of other people.

Surely you must agree that in a lot of these cases, liberal hangers-on are more conspicuous than the actual guy its aimed at?

I think the guy who said is thick as fuck, clearly a weak insult and clearly going to get him in to trouble, but Police have been informed? - WTF.

The disciplinary procedure at the club is probably a meeting in a locked room to say you've been a silly boy, no one is that arsed but we're going to tell the media its a big nasty telling off to please the liberals.

They'll be most pissed off that the club is now brought in to disrepute by the nature of the backlash, not that the comment itself had any substance.

I agree wholeheartedly that there are people who will cling onto everything in an attempt at false anger. Not dissimilar to those almost tangibly wanting another shooting in America to strengthen an argument or enforce their own mock rage.

However, I know Leigh Griffiths and I know his back story. His comment was based on the colour of the guys skin and should it ever be taken to court, as it could with there now being precedents - he would be charged.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Non-racism getting called racist - Rant 23 database queries in 0.0169501 seconds