corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay Rant

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay Rant
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Jan 13 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus' Mum bought her a Tablet for Christmas - This is the exact listing and the exact one she won.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271113595681

It was dogshit anyway, however, as it was a present, we thought nothing more of it and at least we could use it to play some music whilst working on our rental flats. The first time we used it, it sporadically turned itself on and off, shut down open apps/windows, wouldn't charge and then would but all in all, it was just shit through and through.

My missus' Mum contacted him and he agreed to refund upon return and seemed a genuine seller

Wrong, this morning, he's obviously got it to charge/turn on again and as it died before we returned it, Facebook, eBay and Hotmail were all logged on. He's started posting things all over her FB wall such as

"Just think I sent my tablet back and said it was broken when it was not.
but guess what' I lefr all my private datas on it too. Thick or what?"

"But you need the cash for the holiday

2 hours ago via mobile · Like"

"Now I get a refund for holiday money. But I foorgot to clear down the data on it beacause I`m a bit dim

2 hours ago via mobile · Like"

"Don't forget me guys I`m going to be taken to court for fraud"

Blah, Blah, Blah.

She contacted eBay who said because the transaction and refund were all dealt with, they weren't interested and to call the Police. Even though we've not been refunded yet!! She's called the Police and they're coming out to interview her tonight. They spoke on the phone to her about 'Unauthorised access to digital communications' regardless of the fact the Tablet was left logged in. Seems a whole lot of bollocks but the guy's a fucking idiot

[Edited on 15-01-2013 by LiVe LeE]
3CorsaMeal

15th Jan 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone him up and act grown up/respectable, make him feel like an utter twit, threaten him with police action for committing fraud by impersonating a woman.

Bet he cries
Liam-Wilko

15th Jan 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got the postal address for the bloke?
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, what a moron
Generation

15th Jan 13 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7zfJ2Z2q38
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam-Wilko

Her Mum's got everything, address, name, number etc.

I'm not getting involved unless I have to but I'm more pissed at eBay seemingly unwilling to do anything at all given the circumstances.

He's now saying if it is faulty, its was our responsibility to take it back to Maplins not his

K2 GTi

15th Jan 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just change your facebook, hotmail and ebay password?
Liam-Wilko

15th Jan 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:

Her Mum's got everything, address, name, number etc.

I'm not getting involved unless I have to but I'm more pissed at eBay seemingly unwilling to do anything at all given the circumstances.

He's now saying if it is faulty, its was our responsibility to take it back to Maplins not his

I can imagine the police are going to want to know and just get your missus to take it all the way teach him a lesson
Brett
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please ensure this goes all the way Lee.
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
Just change your facebook, hotmail and ebay password?

did that as soon as she knew but it went on an hour or so before I could get in contact with her as she was at work and I didn't have her passwords so couldn't do it myself!!

I now have his home address, Wife's name, Son's name, 6 companies that he has been a director of and his date of birth. Yes, I'm bored at work but this guy's 50 year's old, not 5!!
Liam-Wilko

15th Jan 13 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy shit man how the hell did you get all that.
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 14:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His son drives a white Clio mk1 as well and there's a chance his son's a pedo as someone from the same postcode with the same name got done for possessing indecent images of children a while back

Liam-Wilko

15th Jan 13 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude work the fuck do you work MI5

[Edited on 15-01-2013 by Liam-Wilko]
Dom

15th Jan 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Holy shit man how the hell did you get all that.

Internet, it's not exactly rocket-science especially if you plaster your details all over the place.
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, once I got his email adress, it was easy to find everything. Especially as his wife/partner/other female living at the property has a fairly ususual name so not many on the internet

RichR
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Since you kindly left all your data and information on the tablet, which you sent back with the receipt as I indicated I suggest a compromise, or I will send all the information I have to ebay and paypal.you have 2 hours to reply."

That's the latest email from the guy, main problem with that being that the data he has is for my missus and the person who bought the Tablet and is dealing with the refund is her Mum; two different people, two different accounts - guy is a fucking clown
Liam-Wilko

15th Jan 13 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not reply to him I can see this going far especialy with the police involved
dragon2309

15th Jan 13 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would ebay and paypal care about him sending the girls information to them? They dont want it, lol..
Ben G

15th Jan 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what an idiot.

unfortunate for your other half. I hope the police shit him up.

Even seeing.them on his doorstep will no doubt leave a brown stain in his.pants.
A2H GO

15th Jan 13 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes you wonder how these retards manage to run a buisness at all with this kind of childish attitude.

The amount of shit I get off customers on eBay and I've not once acted unprofessional, this is a standard return (even if it's not faulty you're entitled to return it within 14 days).

As long as passwords are now chaged, what harmful data is he likely to have retained from social networking sites/email? Probably not a lot to be fair unless he forwarded the whole inbox to himself (in which case he's in bigger shit).

Just let the police know and play it out.

[Edited on 15-01-2013 by A2H GO]
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police have been up, said they're taking it on specifically because they've never seen anything like it before-we do live in a rural area so I'm guessing they're bored of sheep rustling and dogging. Had to explain to the older copper how fb worked but the younger guy understood it all. They've seen all of the emails and fb messages and said it was bizarre for a 50 year old to act like a 12 year old girl.

They're going to check him out tomorrow and access his eBay history to see if any similar complaints have been made about him; if they're is previous, they're going to arrest him on counts of attempted blackmail for one of his emails, identity theft and something to do with the misuse of computers act or something along those lines. In the case of no previous, they're still going round to warn him about his conduct.

Police were really sound and talked about mountain biking, snowboarding, log burners etc. can't fault how amiable they were
AlunJ

16th Jan 13 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police are human as well! Be interested to hear the outcome on this!
dragon2309

16th Jan 13 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they do get him under misuse of computers act they'll ban him from owning or using any computer equipment for (usually) a few years. That'll fuck him right up..
Anty
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 01:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dragon2309
if they do get him under misuse of computers act they'll ban him from owning or using any computer equipment for (usually) a few years. That'll fuck him right up..

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay Rant 22 database queries in 0.0105231 seconds