corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Swiftkey

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Swiftkey
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 13 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a brilliant app! Ive moved on from my HTC Desire S to a Samsung Galaxy Note... And the worst thing is the Touchwiz keyboard is shocking. Downloaded Swiftkey and immediately I'm typing far far better! Give it a go if you're an Andriod user!
deano87

22nd Jan 13 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might give it a go
jamied

23rd Jan 13 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah is ace.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 05:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really any different from the standard keyboard on my htc sensation
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if I'm a fan tbh the word suggestions above are annoying, and it keeps entering random words and punctuation all over the place, stupid thing.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt let me write il

swapped back to the standard keyboard now
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've fucked the auto suggestions off but the rest is good
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
not really any different from the standard keyboard on my htc sensation

HTC keyboards are pretty good but samsung and those that favour a vanilla version of android, they are shocking.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Wheres the setting for that? Cant seem to find it PowWow
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HTC Sence is the best Andriod overlay IMO. Touchwiz is shocking!
A2H GO

23rd Jan 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Surely it's just a normal keyboard again then?

Fucks me off how it keeps putting 'the' or 'and' or 'I' randomly in the middle of sentences (seems to insert them automatically sometimes when you hit space and I never notice).

Also, when it trys to change/correct the last word of a sentence but you don't want it to there's fuck all you can do about it because as soon as you put the '.' (dot) it autmatically changes it and inserts a space. The only way around it is to not full stop the sentence.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can turn both those off in settings ash.

The suggested words appearing at the top of the keyboard piss me off
A2H GO

23rd Jan 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Gary, I've changed 'spacebar wil...' to 'always insert a space' instead of 'always insert a prediction' which should take care of the top issue, perhaps that will also cover the second.
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed mine from Precision typest to Speed and it seems to be working ok.

I am enjoying amusing myself by starting a fresh txt and just hitting the right hand auto prediction word jobby. Its managed to write:

The first is that you have received the money, the first place to find the time to do with a friend. Swiftkey be craaazzy
Dom

23rd Jan 13 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Also, when it trys to change/correct the last word of a sentence but you don't want it to there's fuck all you can do about it because as soon as you put the '.' (dot) it autmatically changes it and inserts a space. The only way around it is to not full stop the sentence.

I've had this but you just select the word you want in the suggestion bar and then period. Adding the word to the dictionary also helps for future use.

Only issue i have is when it attempts to separate a word (eg: headshot -> head shot) and there's no correct 'suggestion', so you have to manually delete the space. But again, adding the word to the dictionary sorts it for the future.
A2H GO

23rd Jan 13 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changing that setting made it worse because it no longer auto corrects unless you select the word from the list at the top, changed it again to 'always complete word'. I'll see how that goes on.

Dom - Even when you select the word from the top (assuming it's there which it isn't always) it doesn't work.

For example pretend you're finishing a sentence with 'Corsa.' When you put the dot it changes the word to 'Corse', if you leave the dot and select 'Corsa from the top it enters a space, you go back to put the dot and it changes it to 'Corse' again

After you've entered the word a few times it remembers which is good but it has to piss you off a couple of times getting it wrong before it remembers or you can mess about adding words to the dictionary, but you'll only ever add words after its annoyed you and by which time it's already remembered what you actually want next time anyway,

[Edited on 23-01-2013 by A2H GO]
Nath

23rd Jan 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that the keys are bigger, means I know what I'm pressing. The original Android keyboard made me feel like a right spaz.
A2H GO

23rd Jan 13 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I like that the keys are bigger, means I know what I'm pressing. The original Android keyboard made me feel like a right spaz.

You still have to set them to 'small' for landscape use though otherwise you have the thinnest slither of webpage making navigation impossible.

Dom

23rd Jan 13 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Changing that setting made it worse because it no longer auto corrects unless you select the word from the list at the top, changed it again to 'always complete word'. I'll see how that goes on.

Dom - Even when you select the word from the top (assuming it's there which it isn't always) it doesn't work.

For example pretend you're finishing a sentence with 'Corsa.' When you put the dot it changes the word to 'Corse', if you leave the dot and select 'Corsa from the top it enters a space, you go back to put the dot and it changes it to 'Corse' again

After you've entered the word a few times it remembers which is good but it has to piss you off a couple of times getting it wrong before it remembers or you can mess about adding words to the dictionary, but you'll only ever add words after its annoyed you and by which time it's already remembered what you actually want next time anyway,

Just tried it (single word, within a sentence, after a comma etc) and it works fine, albeit the word Corsa get's underlined red as it isn't in the dictionary. And this is the first time i've typed the word corsa as well

This is on ICS, Swiftkey 3.0.4.343, set to learn from SMS/Twitter, with Rapid typing style.

Tbf, i have very little problems with it and it allows me to mash the keyboard with my fat fingers and still produce legible text.

[Edited on 23-01-2013 by Dom]
chrisritch

23rd Jan 13 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Downlaoded this the other day, Immensely better than the Samsung one
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forced myself to use it all day and really like it now
dan_m1les

23rd Jan 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I downloaded the trail on my S3 jsut before christmas, so much better, trial ran out so I happily paid for the proper version!

Girlfriend now also has this on her S3 after seeing it on mine, so much easier with all of the shotcuts etc.
A2H GO

23rd Jan 13 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Just tried it (single word, within a sentence, after a comma etc) and it works fine, albeit the word Corsa get's underlined red as it isn't in the dictionary. And this is the first time i've typed the word corsa as well

This is on ICS, Swiftkey 3.0.4.343, set to learn from SMS/Twitter, with Rapid typing style.

Tbf, i have very little problems with it and it allows me to mash the keyboard with my fat fingers and still produce legible text.

[Edited on 23-01-2013 by Dom]

It doesn't have problems with words after a comma, its words that need a comma/full stop after them that it wants to auto correct, for example when you end a sentence with 'Corsa.' <- Full stop. It changes it every time to 'Corse.' Happens more often than you think, at least for me it does

If you could get a screen recorder on this higly customizable open source OS without messing about rooting I'd do a vid.

Dom

23rd Jan 13 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, i ended the sentence with a period ie - 'corsa.'. Worked fine.

I'd be seeing if there is an update and playing around with the settings.
A2H GO

23rd Jan 13 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Yes, i ended the sentence with a period ie - 'corsa.'. Worked fine.

I'd be seeing if there is an update and playing around with the settings.

Maybe it's because I'm using the Swiftkey Flow Beta version but I do remember it being exactly the same before. Weird it's not doing it for you, I end up in infinate loops tring to correct words followed by any form of punctuation.

Just tried 'Vauxhall', exactly the same, try to end a sentence with 'Vauxhall'...?

This is the problem:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/android-keyboard-head-to-head-swiftkey-3-vs-swype-beta

"However, we recommend setting space bar to “always insert a space” in the settings, because otherwise you will get word predictions even when you innocently and correctly attempt to put a space after a comma or a period."

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll