corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » following on from...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author following on from...
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
29th Jan 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The child benifit thread, child care.

How much are you paying? Do you work?

If so how do you feel that because you work you have to pay or else there is no body to look after your child, but if you didnt work thus being free to care for your child, it would be free to stick it in daycare.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When ours was full time care it was £500ish a month, where as now it's just before and after school and it's around £200ish.

It does annoy me that people who don't work get everything for free. Take one girl we know for example, left school, popped out 2 kids, hasn't worked a day in her life. Now she gets free child care for both of them, gets a college course paid for and is basically being educated for free and can continue down that line for as long as she wants. My mrs wants to go back to uni or something, but it basically means forfeiting her wage and us having a massive chunk of money taken away from our budget each month.

Another couple we know, don't work, 4 kids, seemingly loads of free money off to roll around in. They're off to Florida soon.

It's all backwards and fucked up but what can you do? Arguably any of us could do the same if we so wished, it's just not a life I choose to live and I really can't see that lasting forever. Similar level to that panorama last night. Yes, there's people who genuinely need to be on disability but I've got zero sympathy for these people with "depression". Nobody tell me in that case I don't understand depression because you can fuck right off. It's the biggest swindle going. Did anyone else watch it?

[Edited on 29-01-2013 by Brett]
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 08:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope but I agree with depression being a load of shit.
baza31

29th Jan 13 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay 680 a month . Am past caring what they do with my tax. End of day they are going to take it no matter what I think. No point getting worked up about it. I might need or one day

Brett
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My biggest hate of all is the "mobility allowance", a nice whopping amount to buy a brand new car. This isn't just for the "disabled" person either, the "carer" can have this, i.e. the grand daughter of the granny with IBS. Utter bullshit.
taylorboosh

29th Jan 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just pisses me off that when john-ds mrs goes back to work in a couple of months or when shes at uni they have to pay childcare, yet a girl i know does fuck all and doesnt even have her kids because they get free childcare.
baza31

29th Jan 13 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it piss you off? You should have to pay for your own kid . If she doesn't like it go on benefits with the rest. She has a choice. It's amazing how the people whinging about benefits actually moan because they don't get any .
taylorboosh

29th Jan 13 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why should he pay for something that he needs, when people who dont need it get it free. The system should aid those who pay into it imo.

taylorboosh

29th Jan 13 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt be moaning if every one had to pay, but as it stands it will be more than a lot of peoples rent/mortgage
Jimbothebarbarian

29th Jan 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two kids. At it's highest we paid around £1200 some months less for others due to my shifts. Now they're both at school it's down to around £100-£400 a month depending on shifts.
fazza

29th Jan 13 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay around £650 a month for my lad to go fulltime childcare.

Missus is in the navy and I work 6 days a week myself.

I wouldn't want to live the life of benefits but others are happy like that. I personally couldn't sit around all day watching jeremy kyle etc like half these bums.

taylorboosh

29th Jan 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just something that is a huge cost, i think more should be done for the working people
baza31

29th Jan 13 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they get it because they are on benefits

If he doesn't like paying it he also could go on benefits.

The system is how the powers want it to be. Everyone has a choice .

baza31

29th Jan 13 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But for the record it is totally fucked up . Seems to be getting worse and worse , sure I heard on radio this morning they are taxing fizzy pop 20p
Kerry

29th Jan 13 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to work evenings to get around paying for childcare
It kills me not finishing till 11pm sometimes later then still having to get up early the next morning and the fact I lose all my evenings to working

But

That's the price you pay for having kids!!!!
3CorsaMeal

29th Jan 13 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be crazy hard tbh Kerry, i can't fathom being responsible for another person
Brett
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
On the depression front, I'll just "fuck right off" because until you have seen or been a person with a true clinical depression and all that comes with that, you have no say.

Knew it. Seems like you're assuming I haven't had first hand experience of people with "depression". It doesn't mean the person is entitled to free living. You're also missing the point that it's probably one of the most abused "illnesses" there is. For me, in most cases it's not depression, it's life. You'll probably claim that means I clearly don't understand the illness, but I'll counter claim that you're an over sympathetic moron. If anyone is THAT bad then they should be in a care home, not chilling at home watching TV and living fancy free.
Shell
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had made some big ranty post but have realised nothing I could rant could change your opinion as your experiences are clearly different to mine. And I shall forever be an over sympathetic fool in your eyes. I'm okay with that because I know I'm right
Brett
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, your inflammed ego on the subject shone through with your over use of laughing smilies. Probs best you deleted it.

Like I said, people who are hospitalised or in care, genuine people, fair enough. However you cannot dispute for a second it's the most over prescribed, over abused, easy way out illness going and it needs a shake up. I do thoroughly believe that in most cases, for the ones who aren't just abusing it outright, they need a few cups of man the fuck up. Woe is me, life so hard.
Shell
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I say Brett, our experiences are different. I probably used too many smileys, my apologies. Your "my word is law, anyone who argues is a moron" attitude is inflamatory. It'll do that to an ego.
I never at any point said there wasn't truth in what you are saying, but what I'm saying is that in my experience "man the fuck up" doesn't always suffice.
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Course it does.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My word is law, I like that

Gary's my deputy, he's right.
Shell
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deputy, pfft! Its hard enough admitting a manc is right in the first place!
_Allan_

29th Jan 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary is deffo deputy dewey.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » following on from... 22 database queries in 0.0163388 seconds