corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » An insurance query

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author An insurance query
Christopher

User status: Offline
31st Jan 13 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive recently done my xe conversion and with my 5 points and me only being 20 quotes are coming out ridiculous! Now ive rung around the likes of HIC and still coming out at £4500! :/ However when i go on compare the market and other comparison websites and i list modifications the only options they all have are "standard replacement engine" "non standard engine"! Now obviously it doesnt let me define whats non standard about it so im wondering whether you recon that doing the conversion COULD be covered by this? :/ At a guess i would say obviously not because your not declaring its now a 1.2 but technically i have told them its not a standard engine? :/ Also anyone whos young with no ncb and points trying to legally insure an xe where the hell did you get your insurance from
Corsa_Sport21

31st Jan 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried Flux??

Also, price comparison site's, and modifications like engine swaps etc, you will more than likely be required to call them up.
Christopher

31st Jan 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be phoning flux soon but thought they were similarly priced to HIC! Well ive just got one quote with all those mods declared and put it down as none standard engine and came out at £2200 which is affordable! I might just ring that company and say does that cover the car if it happens to be a 2.0l :/
AndyCorsaSport

31st Jan 13 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried Brentacre? Fuck paying £2200!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

31st Jan 13 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flux beat all the others by a grand for me at 19

[Edited on 31-01-2013 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
BeetleGav

31st Jan 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£840 on a 3.0z4 with admiral..... Just saying

Guess I'm classed as old now tho
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

31st Jan 13 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said dude. 1950 with 1 year ncb and 2 wright offs. And I'm 21 and with a Liverpool postcode. One of the worse going
Brentacre are the best man. Was 2800 when I was 20 with no ncb so try them haha
LeeM

31st Jan 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you select non standard engine and go ahead with the quote, it will ask for more details before you pay. you'll probably have to ring up
BenC1985

1st Feb 13 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back 5 years ago my bro insured a nova with a let in running 250bhp and he was only 19 and 6points.lol he paid about 1800 but insurance has gone crazy in the last few years!! I also insured a c20xe converted astra at 19 and only paid 1600 but as i say that was nearly ten years ago so the prices are abit different these days.lol
Ricky352

1st Feb 13 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your going down the road of insuring it properly (which obviously you should) then you may as well be certain that the company knows its a 2.0 rather than just 'non-standard engine.'

EDIT: If your going to be paying extra money you want to make sure they cannot pull out from covering you due to slightly incorrect details.

I insured mine with Adrian Flux couple of years ago, give them a phone. I still use them.

[Edited on 01-02-2013 by Ricky352]
Welsh Dan

1st Feb 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it not have been a good idea to sort out insurance before changing the engine?
Gaz

2nd Feb 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At which point of your driving career did you think you would get insured cheap with 5 points and an XE?

threads like this piss me off, drive more responsibly and you will be rewarded so.
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not necessarily gaz. i drive quite responsibly now i'm getting older and wiser, yet that didn't stop 2 women driving straight into the back of me.
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Feb 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't get points for others driving into the back of you though Ben.

I was with Flux, 24 ish, 0 ncb, and had just got my licence back after a 6mth ban, so a TT99 on it. Was less than £1k on an XE Corsa with all mods declared, and my 21 year old GF on it too, she also had 0 ncb.

That was about 4 years ago, shows how much times have changed eh.
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meant the price of your insurance won't be cheap if other people make mistakes.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have checked insurance prices before doing the conversion
Christopher

2nd Feb 13 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
At which point of your driving career did you think you would get insured cheap with 5 points and an XE?

threads like this piss me off, drive more responsibly and you will be rewarded so.

People commenting on threads when they don't even know the story behind it piss me off! If
You read replies above, people state that thy have been insured!
Christopher

2nd Feb 13 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To all others saying would it not have been sensible to check prices before, yes I checked about 5 months ago and it came out at £4500 and I thought with the price of insurance for men recently going down and now having 2 years named drivers ncb it may have made a difference! Also if I can't afford the insurance il take this off the road and get a daily! Love keyboard warriors
Christopher

2nd Feb 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
If your going down the road of insuring it properly (which obviously you should) then you may as well be certain that the company knows its a 2.0 rather than just 'non-standard engine.'

EDIT: If your going to be paying extra money you want to make sure they cannot pull out from covering you due to slightly incorrect details.

I insured mine with Adrian Flux couple of years ago, give them a phone. I still use them.

[Edited on 01-02-2013 by Ricky352]

Thanks for that Ricky! Will try flux but thought they had gone up in price :/
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the price of insurance for men hasn't gone down as such, rather the womens cost of insurance has gone up.

you may see a small decrease in your premium, but nothing lke women are used to paying.
BenC1985

2nd Feb 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Points mean prizes.lol I had 9 points all for speeding 5years ago when i insured a fully declared corsa c20let(270bhp) at the age of 23 and only paid £1600.lol I would love to do it again but the prices of everything put me off doing it and the cost of petrol these days.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love how much of a prick people become when people point out mistakes they have made
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah Dan!

got a problem with that?
Welsh Dan

2nd Feb 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
love how much of a prick people become when people point out mistakes they have made

This. Calling everyone 'keyboard warriors' because you cocked up your insurance FTL.

But anyway, £4500 was too expensive five months ago, but you assumed that one years extra NCB would drop the price enough
John

2nd Feb 13 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have got quotes with my age and NCB as they would be in 5 months, would have found out then that it wasn't any cheaper.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » An insurance query 23 database queries in 0.3522830 seconds