corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » work calling on days off

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author work calling on days off
Root

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 13 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's saturday and nobody wants to hear or think about work but my employer seems to think it's okay to call me at around 6am, on an almost regular basis on my days off.

They also call my girlfriend's phone (I never gave them the phone number, but I did borrow her phone once or twice and they've wrote it down). We have a 9 month old baby and this is my 3rd time off (other 2 times were only 1 day) since the start of the year, given how much I bend my back for them, you think they'd respect the fact I need time off?

I've managed to get 3 days off in a row, on my first day they called at 12 a few times, second day they never called and this morning they called my phone 3 times and my missus phone 3 times at around 6am..

Didn't answer because phones were on silent due to the time of calls..is it harassment and is it wrong of them? It feels like it, especially as I never gave them permission to use my girlfriend's phone number at all.

[Edited on 02-02-2013 by Root]
pow
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you asked them to stop?
_Allan_

2nd Feb 13 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No he's posted on CS, so we can go down with clubs and knives and pressure his boss.
Root

2nd Feb 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Have you asked them to stop?

I haven't answered the calls yet, not purposely, it's just my phone has been on silent.

They've done this in the past and I've let it slip but this time it feels very harassing.
I will ask them to stop but I doubt it'll make a difference.
Even if they did listen, there's another 3 managers/section leaders that would call anyway.

What right do I have, when I'm next in work and scribbling my girlfriend's phone number out of the contacts book? It'll be under my name
Ben G

2nd Feb 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why don't you answer the phone and ask them what they want?

if they want you to come in, tell them it's your day off and you want them to stop ringing you.
DanCobb

2nd Feb 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other times you've answered the phone did you say yes to going in? If so that's probably why they are ringing you. Just tell them to stop ringing you on your days off
Jay

2nd Feb 13 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who do you work for? Tesco started to do this to me, I just had a word next time I was in and scribbled my name out the book and only left my manager with my number in his phone said to text me if he needs me to come in and il reply if I can/want to
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6am is taking the piss tbh, i never switch my work phone and am happy to take the odd quick call on a day off, but 6am? No way. Address the situation.
Root

2nd Feb 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
why don't you answer the phone and ask them what they want?

if they want you to come in, tell them it's your day off and you want them to stop ringing you.

Missed all the phone calls so far, else I would have.
quote:
Originally posted by DanCobb
The other times you've answered the phone did you say yes to going in? If so that's probably why they are ringing you. Just tell them to stop ringing you on your days off

Pretty much yeah

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Who do you work for? Tesco started to do this to me, I just had a word next time I was in and scribbled my name out the book and only left my manager with my number in his phone said to text me if he needs me to come in and il reply if I can/want to

Asda.

It just doesn't seem right that they can do things like this?

On another occasion, my name was crossed out of the shift book, so I didn't go in for work, I woke up, had missed calls and a FB message from my mum saying that somebody from asda had actually visitted her address, asking for me to go in (I don't even live with her, she was wrote down as my next of kin when I took the job and her home address is very local to asda).

She's terminally ill and bedbound for most the day and they're sending drivers to visit her and ask me to turn in for shifts when they accidentally crossed my name out. I did turn up for that shift, but that was another time when I felt like they was being very harassing..

I think I need to tell them that I work for them, not my mum or my girlfriend.

JaffaTB

2nd Feb 13 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck that, its a hassle getting me in for a full week never mind going in when im supposed to be off
MatthewR

2nd Feb 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turn your phone off when your sleeping? Just an idea?
taylorboosh

2nd Feb 13 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence but they must think your a right mug to attempt that.

They are right too, because you have let them so far.
Jay

2nd Feb 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew it'd be a supermarket, just take your number out the book and have a kick off cause they are takin the piss out of you and by going in your allowing it
Jay

2nd Feb 13 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
Turn your phone off when your sleeping? Just an idea?

He shouldn't have to.
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the fuck would you not just phone back and tell them to stop? You've spent more time writing it out on here?
Yes it's taking the piss, but a lot of people would be glad of the extra hours so they probably don't see it as a bad thing. Tell them that you want them to stop calling on days off, and that they have to ensure that happens or you'll be going to HR for harassment. Really that simple?
SXI - Matt

2nd Feb 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work for Tesco, however I'm management and accept getting calls 24/7 that's what I get paid for, however I will never call our guys unless we really need cover ec.

If your management I'd say it acceptable if not ask them not to I'd respect my staff if it was me doing it and they asked me not to
SXI - Matt

2nd Feb 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a other note sending people round, I'd never dream of that we don't even call till after the shift there supposed to be on, bad management by the sounds of it, I'd be having a polite word with them
LeeM

2nd Feb 13 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd kick off with whatever cunt kept ringin me at 6am.
next time youre in headbutt him.
John

2nd Feb 13 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is any of this made up?
Root

2nd Feb 13 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Why the fuck would you not just phone back and tell them to stop? You've spent more time writing it out on here?
Yes it's taking the piss, but a lot of people would be glad of the extra hours so they probably don't see it as a bad thing. Tell them that you want them to stop calling on days off, and that they have to ensure that happens or you'll be going to HR for harassment. Really that simple?

Phone is out of credit so I can't contact them back. I'll just have to talk with them when I get in tomorrow, unless they call in the meantime..

No John..

Gary
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be worse. Could be unemployed.
neil h

2nd Feb 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
Phone is out of credit so I can't contact them back. I'll just have to talk with them when I get in tomorrow, unless they call in the meantime..

What's your role within the company?

Oh and who has a PAYG phone these days
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

No John..

I fail to believe you have absolutely no way of contacting them. My guess is you don't have the bottle to tell them off and you came on here wanting confirmation before you did it.
Bonney

2nd Feb 13 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The company I work for are like this. I have a cab phone in the truck yet they still decide to use my mobile to contact me on. One day I ignored it and had 19 missed calls in the space of an hour!

Also had 2 days off sick this week and have been rang off 4 different people asking if I would be in work later that day!

In the end I told them to remove my number and not to contact me again as it is harassment, not hered anything since saying this to them.
Root

2nd Feb 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

No John..

I fail to believe you have absolutely no way of contacting them. My guess is you don't have the bottle to tell them off and you came on here wanting confirmation before you did it.

Well if you like, just for you, I can use my car and drive to work to get in touch with them? Other than that, my phone has no credit, nor does my girlfriends. I don't use a house phone and I'm not going to go out of my way to go to somebody elses house to ask to use their phone, to call my manager to tell them to stop calling me.

Hopefully it'll stop when I complain about it then Bonney, although I doubt it.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » work calling on days off 22 database queries in 0.0103750 seconds