corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pub quizzes

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pub quizzes
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone do these?

We went to one last week with a couple of our friends and we got 2nd place, won a bottle of wine was quite good fun actually, and nice for someone like me with no social life to get out of the house

The people that won seemed to be some group of 'regulars' who were also sat right next to the judge's table
Marc

4th Feb 13 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to, we came 5th every week with 2 of us. There were 13 of us once, still came 5th
Aaron

4th Feb 13 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do this with a group of work colleagues. Soon got boring when we went every week, and the same team won...every week.

Good while it lasted though.
LeeM

4th Feb 13 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to do the uni one in the SU last year. won it 6 weeks in a row, got banned for cheating. group of engineering maths and science students, we're just smart as fuck
£50-150 prize money depending on how many people were involved
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 13 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We run one at the pub, as do most round here.

Used to attend one but got bored of coming last
baza31

4th Feb 13 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's on twice a week. I stand with some old blokes who are literally the brainiest men alive. They win every week , I've do it with them every week but answer none,win 9 pints for team .
baza31

4th Feb 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
We run one at the pub, as do most round here.

Used to attend one but got bored of coming last

You come last to a bunch or raving drugged up alcoholics? See you listened as much as me at school
RichR
Premium Member

4th Feb 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I, along with 3 mates, am banned from a pub in the New Forest as we went in to eat, there was a quiz on with five rounds, we won every round, they only gave us the prize for winning the first, accused us of being professionals/cheats and that we weren't welcome to ever come back!!
SVM 286

4th Feb 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done loads over the years

Bloody love em.

Most annoying one ever was when me and two pals on a cycling tour of the New Forest, missed 1st place by one question.

It was a football question. I got it right, but bowed down to my mate's knowledge as he is a football nut and felt unsure of my answer. Plus I hate football and know almost nothing of it.

Needless to say we came second instead of joint 1st and only got wine instead of a share of the winnings cos his answer was wrong.

Gutted

He'll never live it down btw
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31

You come last to a bunch or raving drugged up alcoholics? See you listened as much as me at school

In The Marsh. Its nice in there.
SVM 286

4th Feb 13 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I, along with 3 mates, am banned from a pub in the New Forest as we went in to eat, there was a quiz on with five rounds, we won every round, they only gave us the prize for winning the first, accused us of being professionals/cheats and that we weren't welcome to ever come back!!

Bloody hell Lee! What pub was it?
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

Professional?
RichR
Premium Member

4th Feb 13 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made me laugh at the time but apparently a lot of people travel far and wide to win cash prizes in pub quizzes-there's one near here which is up to a £1000 a week prizes.

The pub we got banned from pissed my mate off royally as he'd only moved into his house that week and the pub would have been his local!!
mattk

4th Feb 13 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt go into a pub for a piss if they banned people for cheating at the quiz
Nath

4th Feb 13 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
I used to do this with a group of work colleagues. Soon got boring when we went every week, and the same team won...every week.

Good while it lasted though.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Feb 13 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go fairly regularly to one, sometimes do OK.

Guy who hosts it is very good though, interest questions which you've half a chance at. I don't like the stuff where its far too hard and you give up half way through.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Feb 13 at 02:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never really do them but we did a good one when in florida once

the guy remixed some songs or played them backwards and you had to run to the dj with your answer 5 correct answers and you won a drink.

best fun ive had at a quiz
Pip308

5th Feb 13 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won a quiz with my missus and her friend last year, our team was called "google"
we used our phones and google for the answers.

they actually gave us the prize money and wrote an "new" rule for no phones.

i was suprised they didnt already have that rule..
spencer88

5th Feb 13 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won a quiz whilst on a lads holiday to Gran Canaria.

Out smarted a pub full of grannies. Never seen 8 lads soo excited to win a breakfast each
nathy_87

5th Feb 13 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a few pub quizzes, but every time my local decided to have one, I was away playing Darts for the team.

[Edited on 05-02-2013 by nathy_87]
Corsa_Sport21

5th Feb 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never go to pub quizzes, but i do watch The Chase every night.
Nath

5th Feb 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Never go to pub quizzes, but i do watch The Chase every night.

Some of the question the chaser gets on the final chase are a joke. 'What is the opposite of left?'. Jeeez come on. Gifted.
mwg

5th Feb 13 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to a couple. Never done that well. Always found you need to be a bit older to do well. Some stuff they ask I've literally never heard about before whereas some one a bit older knows the answer.

And yeah I know someone that's in a pub quiz team, goes to the same one every week and wins every week. And they wonder why people get pissed off with them!
kav

5th Feb 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go to one every sunday with my mrs and 2 other people actually won it last week as its full of older people we got accused of cheating

[Edited on 05-02-2013 by kav]
LeeM

5th Feb 13 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kav
go to one every sunday with my mrs and 2 other people actually won it last week as its full of older people we got accused of cheating

[Edited on 05-02-2013 by kav]

last time we got accused of cheating, it was by a team who got 1 point less than us. cunts.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pub quizzes 22 database queries in 0.0144899 seconds