corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.4 8v Rebuild (First Project)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.4 8v Rebuild (First Project)
tomt12343

User status: Offline
10th Mar 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey there.....dunno how to start these things, that felt like a good way!

always wanted to have a car i can say i built so when i got offered a corsa for £50 had to have it! i'm a sparky with no knowledge of cars other than basic stuff so initial play was just to re-build the current engine that had a cool 117,000 on it, just so i can learn the basics of how an engine goes together, didn't wanna run before i could walk!

then do the cosmetic inside and out! respray and new interior. then hopefully shove a better engine in there.

this is how she started:

have since stripped out the engine, replaced virtually every part available! but being me i forgot to take pictures of all the parts i've changed so far so instead here's a picture of the engine finished!

went to switch it on and nothing

no spark so putting it down to the coilpack as thats prob have tested the crankshaft sensor and that all checks out so being that the coildpack is the only thing that isn't new on it yet, might aswell change it and see the result! all a learning curve!

while it wasn't running i thought i'd drop it. 60mm shock and springs front and back! not actually sure i can get it out my workshop carpark now!

other than putting a corsa sports exhaust on the back, that's it up to date for the time being!

future plans:
get rid of that annoying glue from removing side strips (all tips will be much appreciated)
sort out some alloys
new paint (thinking of impreza wrx blue, something a bit different)
new seats thenmabe flock everything possible
eventually new engine, read an intresting bit in TV about a z18xe pushing 205bhp so might do something like that rather than the norm x20xe, but again any advice and tips on anything would be much appreciated as i am very much a newbie!

seen some amazing cars on here and been stalking lots of projects for ages and people seem genuinely helpful and nice! i'll accept criticism along with praise

thanks for looking
CORSAb GSi rep

10th Mar 13 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will look good once you have sorted the body work out mate
tomt12343

10th Mar 13 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, as soon as the engine is up and running that's the first thing on my to do list! cheers
beany113

10th Mar 13 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like youve started well mate!! im only in sittingbourne so if you ever need a hand or fancy a meet up just drop me a message! good work so far keep i tup!!
tomt12343

10th Mar 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fella, much appreciated
kylesri

10th Mar 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see someone local to me building a corsa as well as already said if you need any help with anything im over in sturry about 4 or 5 miles from herne bay
ArdenblueDan

10th Mar 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good buddy
tomt12343

11th Mar 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dan! and cheers kyle, didn't realise there were people just round the corner on here!
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

11th Mar 13 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate, love the colour obviously and engine looks great! I might have to paint a few bits in my bay!
tomt12343

11th Mar 13 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, think it's just a nice little touch really, did see a few peeps on here had done it, so nicked the idea
do love this colour, gunna stick with it for a lil bit longer i think rather than spray it just yet
kylesri

11th Mar 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tomt12343
cheers dan! and cheers kyle, didn't realise there were people just round the corner on here!

yeh theres a few local people building and also a bonus if you need cheap parts im a technician at perrys vauxhall in sturry
tomt12343

18th Mar 13 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey kyle, changed the coil pack over and a new crankshaft sensor and it's still not firing up. it's leading me to believe that the transponder in the my key's and ignition barrel has gone shot. engine it turning over but no spark. do you know anyways of proving this? cheers
kylesri

18th Mar 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres is a good possiblity it could be a immobiliser fault are you getting any current going to the coilpack at all if you can grab a mulitimetre and give it a check and also have you been sold the correct crank sensor i bought one from jayar car parts herne bay and they gave me one for a 16v and it wouldnt start

[Edited on 18-03-2013 by kylesri]
tomt12343

18th Mar 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate, checked the coil pack supply and had 12v
kylesri

18th Mar 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did the car run when you bought it
tomt12343

18th Mar 13 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my uncle runs's the jayar in herne bay , just checked everythink and looks like the right one.
tomt12343

18th Mar 13 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, was working fine till i touched it, i have had it turning over and everything, but run out of petrol, so it cut out. put some petrol in it and now it's stopped working
kylesri

18th Mar 13 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool you cant really tell if its an immobiliser fault unless you have a diadnostic tester at work we usually plug it in and use a datalist and that usually tells us if it is that problem is the eml light on when you turn it over
tomt12343

18th Mar 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, luckily a bloke i work with has gone one so we're gonna give it a whirl tomorrow. the only light that's coming up at the moment is the water tap symbol one, mind you i think som of my led's have gone so wouldn't be suprised it it was up but i can't see it!
kylesri

18th Mar 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool if you can find out if theres any codes in there i may be able to help a bit more
tomt12343

18th Mar 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, much appreciated mate! will let you know tommorrow how we get on! cheers for your help so far!
kylesri

18th Mar 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries are the staff from canterbury working over herne bay they no me pretty well always buying something for my corsa from there
tomt12343

18th Mar 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i think so. bloke names peter is me uncle, always found them really helpful and the discounts not bad
kylesri

18th Mar 13 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i know peter and when you ask them to deliver there pretty quick he always used to have trouble with my car on the computer as its was a c20xe
tomt12343

20th Mar 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had no joy with the code reader, wouldn't link to my car! think he had dodgy software. found a company that does new codes or such in Kent looks like might have t give them a call.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa 1.4 8v Rebuild (First Project) 23 database queries in 0.0138662 seconds