corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Landrover experience?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Landrover experience?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 13 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old man wants a landrover bought, about 26k to spend so I said id go and sort him out a deal as hes useless at this.

Went over to Droitwich Landrover, walked in, to reception said to the girl "just here to look at some cars anyone who can help"

Her reply "No, not at the moment they are all with customers"

That was it! awkward silence with me standing there thinking ooook are you going to offer any sort of help then or is that it.

So I eventually said, "oh right ok..." this prompted her to say, "yes probably going to be about 30 mins"

Again that was it, no offer to sit down or anything. So that started me off in shitty mood towards them.

Guess it was up to me then to suggest I sit down and wait and could she let me know when someone was free.

Sat down, near another couple, picked up from convo they had booked a test drive in the week for that day, one of the sales guys comes over and says "sorry service have locked the car in, its unavailable"

So they booked a drive and couldnt even arrange it to be available.

Anyway, eventually speak to someone and find a car suitable, 26,995. So I managed to get a grand off and 2 years free servicing thrown in. Made it clear we were cash buyers. Went back told my old man who was happy with that, and we went over the next day to do the deal.

Got there, spoke to someone else told them about the offer we given, goes away comes back, "sorry sir we can only knock 500 off and the servicing is only for finance buyers only (id made it clear to the other guy that we were cash buyers)" FUCK ME WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.

So i stood there for a bit pretty annoyed, came out with the usuall moany crap about making a longish journey to come back, really wasnt going to budge from 500 quid off and thats it. 500 quid off a 27k car! Wasnt interested in sitting us down and seeing what else they could find, that was is, walked out.

Went over to another dealer near Hereford, my word what a difference, sat us down, looked at all the options they had, in the end got a better spec landrover, with 2k knocked off, 6 months free tax and hes going to speak to the service manager about some free servicing.

Whats the issue with the other place? literally seemed as though they couldnt GAF about selling any cars, baffled me completely.

I honestly thought any minute they were going to write me an invoice for their time spent talking to them.

What can i do to show my anger? apart from wheelspinning on there forecourt

Anyone else had experiences with Landrover?

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by Steve]
John

22nd Apr 13 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if they had given you the 1k off you'd have ended up with a worse deal than was possible elsewhere.

Your fault imo, should have done more research first.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep it certainly shows it pays to try various places first.

Im just trying to get my head around their attitude and contradicting offers tbh

[Edited on 22-04-2013 by Steve]
mwg

22nd Apr 13 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does that price compare to Orange Wheels? Is it a Freelander?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freelander 2, SD4 HS
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what car is it?
mwg

22nd Apr 13 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HSE? or do you mean GS?
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to look at a BMW a few weeks ago and nobody even bothered to come over.

You'd think they didnt are about commission.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry

freelander 2 xs sd4 registered jan 2013 8k ex demo
mwg

22nd Apr 13 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, my Dads got a GS. Must be a Dads car
mwg

22nd Apr 13 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did they not throw in a half day Landrover Experience? It's not amazing but good to show what the vehicles are capable of.
Ben J

22nd Apr 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get this with all manufacturers. Also depends how keen they are for the business. The first place might have been flying with new car sales so won't potentially waste time with used customer if theres a queue of people wanting to place new orders.

Its wrong, but thats how it goes.

When I got my Audi Warrington dealership weren't really interested much and wouldn't give me any sort of discount even though I was a cash buyer.

Rang Audi dealer in Halesowen about their demo and the sales guy admitted over the phone they HAD to shift it beore month end and offered me discount straight away.

I think if i'd requested a night with he Receptionist or i'd pull out they would have agreed it.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No m8 they let me sniff the seats though
3CorsaMeal

22nd Apr 13 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to do a drive by with a super soaker filled with brake fluid imo

Only way to sort it
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a good experience with Stratstone Landrover in Stoke but not with the dealer in Derby who barely looked twice at us even though we'd turned up in our LR D3 HSE.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've walked away from dealers who give poor service before, just got up and walked out.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen some shit service off some of the salesmen from dealerships iv been based at, wont name names as could land me in shit, but i wonder half the time how customers put up with their uselessness or how they even manage to sell cars as they are just retards
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It really baffled me too. No interest to sell a car at all. Only think i could think of was they cant be short of sales
3CorsaMeal

22nd Apr 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its because most people don't go to a job to do the work, they just show up to get paid, not everyone seems to care these days, I blame the great british public.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

commission though
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure this has been mentioned a million times before but no one cares that you have cash, they want you on the finance deal so they get even more of a bung. They can't even accept cash over a couple of grand or something
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes im aware of that, are you suggesting though, that they basically dont want to sell any cars for cash?

Other place bent over backwards for the cash deal, when I say cash its not actually a fist full of ten pound notes
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I understand the term, I just don't think dealerships really give a shit or are bothered about bending over backwards if you have the cash sitting in your account.
SXi_Tim

22nd Apr 13 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From working in dealers for the last 10 years salesmen are the worst for it. At the current place i work it is just a matter of getting the money off the customer, then thats it, they couldn't give a fuck, half of my day is spent chasing 'don't give a fuck'
salesmen around. They work on commission, as soon as they have hit ther figure for the month they sit back.

With your problem i'd write a letter to Landrover UK, stating names of sales manager/salesman (if possible) and keep giing them grief, MAY get a free service plan or something similar.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool il mention that

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Landrover experience? 22 database queries in 0.0135138 seconds