corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Acceleration vid...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Acceleration vid...
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th May 13 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just because.. well i was bored

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OorIX4D-7_c
BluKoo

20th May 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would Sir like some cheese and crackers to go with that whine?
andys sxi
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love that sound

April 08 feature car
Jay

20th May 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beast
kennySRi

20th May 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want this car so much! Love the sound of it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th May 13 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id love some smoked chedder right now lol.
ChrisBoom

21st May 13 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could never get bored of that note
Ricky352

21st May 13 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn thats quick!

EDIT: Would it much of a top end or is it mainly about acceleration?

[Edited on 21-05-2013 by Ricky352]
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will top out at about 160
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what bhp is it? thought it would be quicker then that, my old impreza was quicker 60-100 then that and that was a fat old thing
Rob E

21st May 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is really impressive How are the exhaust gaskets you made holding up? I need to find a suitable replacement for the mazda. I've blown through two gaskets now but they are a different type of material from the one you used
corsadonk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
what bhp is it? thought it would be quicker then that, my old impreza was quicker 60-100 then that and that was a fat old thing

I bet it wasn't. It never looks that impressive just looking at the speedo, but it's a whole different story when you're diving it.

The speedo video's of my Corsa don't look much, but everyone who has been in it, has been shocked.

You need to find a longer bit of road Chris.
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

300bhp anf 275ft/lb

i think what you dont take into consideration is the amount of drag i get from the splitter and spoiler, anything over 40mph and it really starts to make an impact on the acceleration.
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 60-100 is comparable to that of a F430, infact i raced one on the motorway coming back from milton keynes a couple weeks ago, i was waiting in the inside lane for exotica to come past and this f430 arrived, i pulled into middle lane and he was next to me i told him to go for it first but he returned the gesture, i floored it and he never caught up he flashed me and dropped back into the slow lane.

and please.. none of this he wasnt trying bollox, i know the sound of a trying ferrari when i hear one.
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's almost worrying how quickly you can get into a lot of trouble Would love to drive something like that though, or at least be sat next to someone driving it It must be mental.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:

I bet it wasn't. It never looks that impressive just looking at the speedo, but it's a whole different story when you're diving it.

The speedo video's of my Corsa don't look much, but everyone who has been in it, has been shocked.

You need to find a longer bit of road Chris.

no, it was, it was less then 5 seconds or so anyway, chris has explained why anyway which makes sense
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:

Feel isn't relevant in this instance, IIRC Barnshaw has got a video of his own and can literally time the difference!

SC sounds wicked, would love a go in an Elise or VX

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know similar power turbo vx220s have got neigh on 8.5 seconds to 100mph and im sure if i took the wing and splitter off and made it more streamlined i would bet that my times would be comparable to that. the problem i have is i know how much of a positive effect the wing and splitter make on the car and i dont want to loose that extra grip.

on another note, what is quite impressive is that the car will pull 1.2G accelerating, over 1G braking and nearly 1.5G cornering.. if you compare that so some supercars i still have bigger numbers. (not that im competing)

kyle, if you wanna pax ride your welcome to one.

this is the data i got the other week from the perf box.

-----------------

Accel results
Speed(mph) Time(s)
0-60 0.4.0
0-100
0-100-0

User range
Speed(mph) Time(s)
20-40 01.1
50-70 02.0

Misc
AvgLatG 0.01G
PkLatG 0.20G
PkAccelG 1.19G
PkDecelG 1.04G

i wasnt breaking as hard as i could here either.

[Edited on 21-05-2013 by chris_uk]
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a lovely noise though, whats required to get one of these to 400bhp? is it possible on the N/A engine with a supercharger or only really on the turbo ones?
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the liners in the 2.2 are maxed at 400bhp, couple that with very high intake temps and your looking at a limit of 375bhp but the power will drop off the hotter it gets unless you start adding meth injection but i dont want to do that which is why im happy to get just another 50bhp or so out of it and leave it at that.
Nic Barnes

21st May 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still find it odd that while wheel spinning an absolute ridiculous amount in actual genuine speed I will still completely out accelerate you and I won't even get grip until around a true 100mph.
BarnshaW

21st May 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but it is just a rusty old corsa
chris_uk
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can believe it.

your car probably doesn't weigh that much more than mine and you have what 100% more power?

but that said, mine probably stops much better and corners much much better so its swings and roundabouts really.

another 300bhp vx with no spoiler did a 11.9 1/4 mile which i think is reasonable.
Nic Barnes

21st May 13 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup! On 195 width tyres, no mad max spoilers. Chris car be a million times better to drive though and it sounds a lot better as well.
RichR
Premium Member

21st May 13 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You car boys talking about 1-1.5g; we managed 28g on a relatively calm day recently!

Anyhow, on topic, I love the sound of a supercharger. I used to get the regular opportunity to drive an ABT TT with a supercharger and the noise is awesome.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Acceleration vid... 23 database queries in 0.0168669 seconds