corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » As anyone done that claim for delayed flights on here?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author As anyone done that claim for delayed flights on here?
Carl

User status: Offline
24th May 13 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a good claim it seems but just seems quite complex getting the info they need to make the claim and mines wi Jet2 and it seems you basically have to take them to court as well? Anyone on here done it?

Reason why i'm thinking of actually doing it as it was a group of 17 of us as well so works out a few thousand (although unsure if i'd be claiming for all group together at this stage!)
BeetleGav

24th May 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my parents got £350 each last week for a flight with monarch. It cost about that for the both of them aswel. Winner
Carl

24th May 13 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Yeah my parents got £350 each last week for a flight with monarch. It cost about that for the both of them aswel. Winner

Nice one, shame ours is with jet 2. We were delayed 7.5 hours after a fault on plane, which we flew 30 mins in and came back to airport in. It's just finding the proof of us checking in which I think i've got to get off the airline someh how that looks complicated bit to prove we were on the flight!
Jamie Walby

24th May 13 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats this? You can claim for delayed flights?
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was an episode of Watchdog about this recently. It's a fine line, as if it's determined that the fault was out of their control and not due to negligence then there's no right to claim.
Carl

24th May 13 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
There was an episode of Watchdog about this recently. It's a fine line, as if it's determined that the fault was out of their control and not due to negligence then there's no right to claim.

Yeah that's what i've been reading and a lot of airlines are playing that card even when it is in the realms of their fault.

Yes Jamie, over a certain time and if it's something they can't blame on things like ash clouds etc. There is more info on moneysaving expert, just wondered if anyone had claimed on here more specifically!
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get Watchdog up on iPlayer or whatever it was, it offered advice on the topic
BeetleGav

24th May 13 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have the flight number still they should have everything logged on that I think
mattant

24th May 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EU ruled that all airlines must compensate for delayed flights if it's over 3 hours, 250-400 Euro depending on the length of the flight: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/passenger-rights/air/

It gives you a link to a claim form there too

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by mattant]
baza31

24th May 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These things happen , get on with life
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Claim Culture
LeeM

24th May 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt say its claim culture. similar to any situation where youve paid for something and not got it, youd expect a refund.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
i wouldnt say its claim culture. similar to any situation where youve paid for something and not got it, youd expect a refund.

But you have got it. Just later than expected
Generation

24th May 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Claim Culture
Carl

24th May 13 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

7.5 hours out of our weekend away, spent in Manchester Airport rather than out in the sun on a beach etc.
350 x17 = 5950. yeah, not sure i'll bother looking into it.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
quote:

7.5 hours out of our weekend away, spent in Manchester Airport rather than out in the sun on a beach etc.

And it the weather was shite you'd still be moaning then?
Carl

24th May 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Eh? What's with all hypothetical shit? If's buts and maybes. End of the day I'm going to try claiming off an airline for a delay to our holiday (you know a holiday where you pay to spend time abroad and not in Manchester) as its come about that you can. A bit like every Tom Dick and Harry has claimed whiplash or ppi or shite off their banks for their own incompetance. Our household being on the recieving end of a false whiplash claim only months ago.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

24th May 13 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Eh? What's with all hypothetical shit? If's buts and maybes. End of the day I'm going to try claiming off an airline for a delay to our holiday (you know a holiday where you pay to spend time abroad and not in Manchester) as its come about that you can. A bit like every Tom Dick and Harry has claimed whiplash or ppi or shite off their banks for their own incompetance. Our household being on the recieving end of a false whiplash claim only months ago.

Just didnt see how the sun shining is a point that needs noting. You could of been going to the south pole.

Just people seem far to happy to make claims. Your household shouldnt of crashed into some one then
Jay

24th May 13 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't believe people don't think he has a right to claim, 7.5 hours out of a week holiday would annoy me but out of a weekend that's not on, just watched a programme on this, they misse their cruise because flight was delayed and they got compensated even though it was due to bad weather.
Nath

24th May 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread is full of hypocrites. 7.5hrs is taking the piss.
whitter45

24th May 13 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and then people wonder why they cannot get cheap flights - someone has to pay for the claims and it wont be the airlines

I do see why you would be upset for a weekend away but things happen

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by whitter45]
Nath

24th May 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Airlines can GTF. Charge for every extra under the sun. I remember reading on here it cost somebody more to change a passenger name than it did the actual flight. Fuck 'em.
Jay

24th May 13 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Airlines can GTF. Charge for every extra under the sun. I remember reading on here it cost somebody more to change a passenger name than it did the actual flight. Fuck 'em.

A mate of mine dropped out of a holiday when he went into hospital and my other mate took his place, the original flight cost £90 return and it was £210 to change the name on the flight, because the price had changed since we booked. He paid it like.
whitter45

24th May 13 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

depends who you book with - low cost airlines do charge for everything
Ben G

24th May 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

due to some wanker crashing and possibly dieing, i ended up being late for check-in by 5 minutes, although there was still 30 minutes until the plane left. quite a few were late due to this and they said i could either pay £100 to get onto the next flight or go home the entire flight (return) cost £75.

in future, i'll definitely be claiming if they end up making me late for something. cunts.

[Edited on 24-05-2013 by Ben G]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » As anyone done that claim for delayed flights on here? 22 database queries in 0.0163519 seconds