corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dieting

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dieting
baza31

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 13 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never ever thought i would even think about going on a diet , but its time.

i used to go to gym and various other excercises but now i work all the time i dont have time yet.

my day consists of get up at 6.30 , have a dinner at cafe at 12pm which involves a decent size meal and a bun usually 3 pots of tea.

i then work till roughly 9pm , go to pub , drink 2-3 pints of guiness and get a takeaway on my way home

need a diet that doesnt involve excercise i.e gym

what sort of food should i be eating? i am aware the beer and the buns need to stop which is no problem. Also the late night eating probably isnt the best idea.

anyone know of a tried and tested diet that works .

cheers
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jun 13 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't eat as much, its pretty simple that fat people eat more food than they need to, i really don't see the difficulty in deciding not to eat something.

See it all the time, people eating 4-6 biscuits instead of 2
Generation

3rd Jun 13 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go gym instead of the pub
mike56gte

3rd Jun 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how far you want to go and how strict you want to be.

I am on a lean diet at the moment, so no bread, rice, pasta, cereals or processed food.

Breakfast. 8am
40g oats
5 egg whites scrambled (only 1 yoke)

10am
200g chicken wrap(brown)
piece of fruit

lunch.

200g Lean mice
100g veg

3.30pm

protien shake

Dinner

200g fish (grilled or oven cooked)
with cous cous.

3 scrambled egg whites (1 yoke)
glass of milk.
mike56gte

3rd Jun 13 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont want to take it too seriously just try cutting out bread and anything with lots of gluten in it. thats what gives you a fat gut.
baza31

3rd Jun 13 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is pasta ok to eat when dieting? i need something i can grab from a shops fridge ready to eat
LeeM

3rd Jun 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no beer. this decent sized meal in the cafe, what is it? takeaway is a no no.
you need fresh unprocessed food. for tea try fresh grilled chicken with veg, for lunch a few sandwiches with brown bread not white.
Jay

3rd Jun 13 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Takeaway has probably got about half your daily allowance in it, I've gone from 92kg to 86.9kg in two weeks cutting to 1500 calories a day and exercising nearly every day. Get myfitnessplan app and set a goal, record everything that passes your lips, you'll soon see it mounting up and change your ways that's how I done it.
Jay

3rd Jun 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Go gym instead of the pub

This too.
Shell
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The folk on here that apparently lose about 10-12lb in 2 weeks, are you absolute heffers to begin with? I can easily cut my calorie intake to about 1200 a day, with daily cardio/exercising and not lose even close to that in two weeks. I'd be lucky to lose about 6lbs.
Nic Barnes

3rd Jun 13 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you drop it to 1200 women numbers a day then do cardio you are not eating enough.
Shell
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what you're telling me sir Nic, is that to weigh less... I need to eat more?!
LeeM

3rd Jun 13 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you starve yourself while exercising, i believe your body shits its self and starts storing fat
Nic Barnes

3rd Jun 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
So what you're telling me sir Nic, is that to weigh less... I need to eat more?!
if you're doing a bit cardio yeah. Just diet for a man about 1500 women numbers will do of good quality foods. If exercising as well look at about 1800-2000 is what me personally found worked. The less I ate the less weight I lost. I probably eat 2500 on an average day now, weekends about 3000.
Dom

3rd Jun 13 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
if you starve yourself while exercising, i believe your body shits its self and starts storing fat

...and starts using muscle for energy. Could be wrong but i believe you can have up to a 1000 calorie deficit before your body goes into 'shitting itself' mode - so if you're taking in 2000 calories a day then you should be expelling >3000 in exercise.
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Could be wrong but i believe you can have up to a 1000 calorie deficit before your body goes into 'shitting itself' mode - so if you're taking in 2000 calories a day then you should be expelling >3000 in exercise.
That's actually quite interesting.

Reading up on the subject I stumbled upon this site which is a fairly good read on why you can't settle for just counting calories.

Protein and fibre decreasing your appetite is an interesting fact as well, from a weight loss point of view.

[Edited on 03-06-2013 by Balling]

Jay

3rd Jun 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The folk on here that apparently lose about 10-12lb in 2 weeks, are you absolute heffers to begin with? I can easily cut my calorie intake to about 1200 a day, with daily cardio/exercising and not lose even close to that in two weeks. I'd be lucky to lose about 6lbs.

The initial weight loss is the big one, if you watch what you eat anyway then your not going to see a big drop, I'm not a Heffer I'm just all gut and it loses quickly, I don't put any fat on my legs or arms for some reason, this is always the result I get, but then I can put it back on just as quick, again all belly nowhere else, once I start doing weights to fill out il up my calories.
mantamark

3rd Jun 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of water intake too. Pissing every 10mins but helps in the long run i find.

Bare bones is best to start with, cut out all shit, eat plenty veg and fresh meat. No carbs, no processed, no carbonated drinks, drink water and green tea.

Ive done this twice now, four week stints and lost a stone each time. Have a few months break inbetween, introducing some foods back in, coupled with 30-45mins exercise in the house each day.

I have overnight oats for breakfast (cold porridge made with greek yog, almond milk and fruit), either a salad or wrap for lunch then meat n veg for tea. Generally have 2-3L water a day and have snacks of nuts if i feel peckish.
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mantamark
Plenty of water intake too. Pissing every 10mins but helps in the long run i find.
Anything more than 2.5l (+ whatever you lose from exercise) is unhealthy as you're washing out a lot of good stuff.

Drink too much water for an extended period of time and you'll get water poisoning which leads to all manners of health issues.

Nic Barnes

3rd Jun 13 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I'd just do more exercise to start with sod the diet. Most people will quit anyway, whereas doing 30 mins exercise a day to start with is easier than eating next to nothing you like.
A2H GO

3rd Jun 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yep that will cause you're body to go into catabolic mode. Loosing weight does not mean eating less it means consuming less calories.
baza31

3rd Jun 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
no beer. this decent sized meal in the cafe, what is it? takeaway is a no no.
you need fresh unprocessed food. for tea try fresh grilled chicken with veg, for lunch a few sandwiches with brown bread not white.

i 90% of the time get a large pasta carbonara , odd time spanish omelete with fried potatos and then sometimes a full english . I do drink way too much fizzy pop, roughly 4 cans a day . I drink no water at all unless guiness counts then i drink 3 pints

baza31

3rd Jun 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Takeaway has probably got about half your daily allowance in it, I've gone from 92kg to 86.9kg in two weeks cutting to 1500 calories a day and exercising nearly every day. Get myfitnessplan app and set a goal, record everything that passes your lips, you'll soon see it mounting up and change your ways that's how I done it.

sound ill download that
A2H GO

3rd Jun 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Tbh I'd just do more exercise to start with sod the diet. Most people will quit anyway, whereas doing 30 mins exercise a day to start with is easier than eating next to nothing you like.

Diet is far more important than exercise for loosing weight. Diet is 70% exercise is 20% (supps 10%).

Just swapping that Mars bar for something healthy means you don't have to do that 30-40 minute run, I know which I'd rather.

[Edited on 03-06-2013 by A2H GO]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

3rd Jun 13 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the best diet I've ever been on is just no carbs or as low as possible anyways. It's really that simple

Or as above. You say you've got no time for the gym.... Yet you've got time to go the pub for 2-3 pints.....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dieting 23 database queries in 0.0088861 seconds