corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Insurance
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Aug 13 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just renewed mine for my return home tomorrow. As many of you know after wiping the accident I had when I was 18 from my record I went and had two smashes last year, one my fault one not. So I lost 2 years NCB, down to 3 years.

My renewal from my previous company RSA was £900 on the Alfa. It was £600 last year.

Went onto confused.com - Admiral cheapest at £469, Tesco next slightly over. Went to Admirals website and did a quote - £598... WTF?! Tesco wanted an even more laughable £918!

Went back to confused.com and did another quote, Admiral come out again at £469. Followed link, check all details, exactly the same as the quote I did via Admirals website and it's over £100 cheaper? So I bought it

So I loose 2 years NCB, have 2 smashes and my insurance goes down £130. Winner
Nic Barnes

18th Aug 13 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I forgot to ask the question how to confused.com do it so much cheaper?
Ben G

18th Aug 13 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll probably find you've missed something out and the details are slightly different.

Also, admirals prices change constantly. i've done a quote, gone back in to change details, then changed them back to the original one again and the price had increased.
Corsa_Sport21

18th Aug 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you try compare the market and go compare as well??

I always try all 3, and the prices are always different between the 3, even from the same company.
Gaz

18th Aug 13 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I forgot to ask the question how to confused.com do it so much cheaper?

It's because they guarantee insurance companies X amount of referrals.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
You'll probably find you've missed something out and the details are slightly different.

Nope, deffo the same. 100%.

I didn't try the others no - I just bought it as I don't think I'll save anymore than that
BeetleGav

18th Aug 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always found confused the more expensive comparison site. Money supermarket or compare the market are best for me
Go compare are pricey too
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, bought and paid for it now. I hate insurance companies, Admiral were trying to call me the other day after I did a quote, fuck off I don't want to speak to you. Unticked the marketing box too.

Bet they phone and tell me there is something wrong tomorrow even though I've checked, double checked and triple checked all the details!
BeetleGav

18th Aug 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always been with admiral or elephant. Once they have your money they don't tend to hassle you
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well they've got my debit card details and the insurance starts in approx 1 hour and 43 minutes...
Dave

18th Aug 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's always quite a bit of disparity, I've found the comparison sites give you a good idea of who is going to be cheapest, then you try going directly to see if it's any cheaper.

I'm with Sainsburys now, they were cheapest on all the comparison sites but cheaper still when I did it directly through them.
BeetleGav

18th Aug 13 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Approx
John

18th Aug 13 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've still never beat admiral/elephant/bell.

RSA via iam surety matched it for a couple of years but I got fed up with doing that and just went to admiral direct again.
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RSA via Surety are a bunch of cunts. I'll never ever use them again. Screwed me over good and proper this year and they've got ruder and ruder on the phone too
pow
Premium Member

18th Aug 13 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do like the fact they give you your docs online now though, means I can tax it tomorrow.
Toby
Premium Member

19th Aug 13 at 05:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
RSA via Surety are a bunch of cunts. I'll never ever use them again. Screwed me over good and proper this year and they've got ruder and ruder on the phone too

Not surprised! Two crashes in a year is costing them a fair few quid, I'd be rude too
pow
Premium Member

19th Aug 13 at 06:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One wasn't my fault. I was sat still with my brake lights on and a guy ploughed into the back of me. The other one They just laid down and took the claim, never spoke to me once, first I knew of any details was at renewal. Treat customers like dirt and overcharge them.
GB123
Premium Member

19th Aug 13 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
RSA via Surety are a bunch of cunts.

I remember somebody tried to declare a different exhaust on their car to them and they said 'advanced drivers shouldn't need to modify their car' wtf

[Edited on 19-08-2013 by GB123]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Aug 13 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
One wasn't my fault. I was sat still with my brake lights on and a guy ploughed into the back of me. The other one They just laid down and took the claim, never spoke to me once, first I knew of any details was at renewal. Treat customers like dirt and overcharge them.

You do look the type that enjoys a good plough'ing from the rear
Whittie

19th Aug 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems quite a bit? Is that the MiTo?
pow
Premium Member

19th Aug 13 at 16:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is, thought it was cheap seeing as I'm an awful driver
deano87

19th Aug 13 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My insurance halved this year. Benefit of being 25 I think. Got 3rd party on any other vehicle too.

Paying about £33 per month with all the extras you can shake a stick at including key cover and legal cover.

Oh, and don't forget my £0 excess. That's £0 compulsory and £0 voluntary
Redhot77

20th Aug 13 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one man, I'm with Sky insurance they always offer me the cheapest
car service

[Edited on 20-08-2013 by Redhot77]
deano87

20th Aug 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a spam SEO backlink if ever I've seen one!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Insurance 22 database queries in 0.0130181 seconds