corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is it with people lately...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is it with people lately...
Matt L

User status: Offline
24th Sep 13 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have managed to go 7 years without having to use a car horn other than to see what it sounded like but used it 3 times in the past 3 days

first instance, some woman cut me up on a roundabout she was in the lane to go right, decided she didn't quite fancy that and wanted to go straight on which funnily enough was the lane I was in, no looking just decided to nearly take my bumper off

second instance was some bloke who decided his phone call was more important than his lane discipline and decided to drift into my lane whilst I was next to him.

and finally just, someone pulling out (slowly) on a nsl road just in front of me, thankfully one of the few times I wasn't actually doing the limit on that road :rage:

seriously have people just lost the ability to drive all of a sudden?
dannymccann

24th Sep 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, it's been like that the whole time I've been driving (8 years now )

I use the car horn at least once on the commute to and back from work pretty much every day, several roundabouts that have been poorly planned = loads of clueless idiots using them wrongly
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rarely a day goes by where I don't use mine tbh!
Andrew

24th Sep 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday morning i'm doing 30 - 35MPG at 10am in Salford and what i can only describe as is insurance fraud. Some cunt in a Toyota decided to slam on the brakes in front of me. I missed him within centimeters.

Could hear the brakes grinding away and slight screeching of my tyres.

There was nothing in front of this guy... I pulled up along side him at the lights and wanted a quiet word but the cunt smiled and drove off.

Ian
Site Administrator

24th Sep 13 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most days.

I'd actually consider it somewhat dangerous to not use it in a lot of situations.

Try and adhere to the Highway Code guidance, plus in addition to offering people coffee.

[Edited on 24-09-2013 by Ian]
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive a lot for work, and it's always been a problem. The cocks are just too lazy to use their steering wheel.
AlexW

24th Sep 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rarely use my horn, I just expect stupid people to do stupid things, and get over it instantly.

Got that attitude while riding a motorbike.
tom130691
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
I rarely use my horn, I just expect stupid people to do stupid things, and get over it instantly.

Matt L

24th Sep 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is exactly why I have never used it before now, however these times were more to do with reminding them I was actually there .
pow
Premium Member

24th Sep 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:

This. But I use my horn too
Jay

24th Sep 13 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Defo this couldn't put it better myself
Ronson

25th Sep 13 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive for a living and hardly use it, a few times I just accepted the driver that cut me up/pulled out in front of me/whatever did it and I didn't crash so I carry on as normal.

Have used it a couple of times though once when someone was indicating left on a roundabout and I was going right and they decided to drift into my lane, scared the shit out of them. That's the only incident I can remember but I have used it more.

I'm always tempted to use it when on a NSL road and I'm stuck behind someone doing 35 and I cant get past as 1 the van is slow especially with over a ton in the back and 2 its usually on twisty roads where its not safe to overtake. But apparently I'd be in the wrong to do that.
pow
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 07:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why shouldn't you use your horn when other people endanger you?
Balling
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 07:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Exactly this.

As Matt says, the horn is a means to avoiding a dangerous situation by informing other drivers of your presence.

Most people, however, use it as a way to shout "you wronged me" whenever someone else makes a mistake that, in fact, didn't lead to an accident.

Hammer

25th Sep 13 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember ever using my horn other than to alert people I'm outside their house when picking them up.
pow
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you a taxi driver? Fucking hate it when they do that. Get your lazy BO smelling arse out the car and ring my doorbell
leon.

25th Sep 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't use my horn due to it being the gayest sounding horn ever.
JordyCarter

25th Sep 13 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my horns broke so i have to give them the finger
Hammer

25th Sep 13 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
What are you a taxi driver? Fucking hate it when they do that. Get your lazy BO smelling arse out the car and ring my doorbell

What a fucking pleb you are
am4nf

25th Sep 13 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing that baffles me is when a person realises that they are in the wrong lane but everything they learned/ all laws/ rules of driving goes straight out the window and they jump lanes without even as much as a look in the mirror
Bonney

25th Sep 13 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try driving a truck, Its rare not to use it during a day!
JonnyJ

25th Sep 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Can't remember ever using my horn other than to alert people I'm outside their house when picking them up.

Pretty much this. I dont think I've ever used it on the road, ever. I should've done when some dozy old bird was reversing towards my corsa though, might have saved a lot of hassle
Ben G

25th Sep 13 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it when you toot and the people who are driving like cunts go mental and make it their mission to rip your head off

a lot down here seem to be like that. Almost like they've had a chemical reaction in their body as a result of hearing the horn and go fucking mental.
Ronson

25th Sep 13 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Why shouldn't you use your horn when other people endanger you?

Say for example someone cuts you up on a dual carriageway as they realised at the last minute they needed to be off at that junction and they're in the wrong lane (probably a BMW/Merc/Audi or Range Rover), whats the point in using the horn? They didn't crash into you, you didn't crash into them, they're most likely on the slip road now and probably didn't even hear the horn over their music.

Yeah if someone starts drifting into your lane, or goes to pull across and you're in their blind spot then fair enough ALERT them that you are there, don't lean on the horn like a drama queen flapping your arms about and screaming at them that they could have killed you. You alerted them, crisis over, carry on with you're day knowing they are most likely quite embarrassed and will apologise unless they're a complete cunt (like most BMW/Audi/Merc and Range Rover drivers, some Insignia drivers too)

I don't think I've made this very clear by the way but BMW/Audi/Merc/Range Rover and some Insignia drivers are complete and utter TOSSERS on the road, along with taxi drivers.
AlunJ

25th Sep 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shat myself the other day when someone decided to merge off the hard shoulder from a dead stop right in front of me doing 70, I kept my cool but the missus had her hand glued to the horn

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is it with people lately... 23 database queries in 0.0127938 seconds