corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mallory Park circuit files for administration

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mallory Park circuit files for administration
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   30th Sep 13 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110246

quote:
The company that operates Mallory Park was put into administration this week, as the ongoing row over noise nuisance with the circuit's local community continues.

Mallory Park Motorsport Limited, which runs the circuit on behalf of the British Automobile Racing Club, has taken the step after failing to agree an increase in the number of days per year that the circuit is allowed to operate for, plus a reduction in the amount of rent it must pay to the landowner, Titan Properties, a company owned by former racer and BRDC member Chris Meek.

The circuit has been in dispute with its local council over noise for the past two years, which resulted in MPML being fined in Court earlier this year over five breaches of its planning agreement.
DaveyLC

30th Sep 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be the same fate for Castle Coombe soon!

People from the new housing estates complain on a regular basis.
Robin
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no way they're coming back from this. Housing estate within 12 months.
DaveyLC

30th Sep 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The local authority will be ITCHING to get their hands on that nice bit of real-estate!
Ronson

30th Sep 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the FUCK do people move somewhere close to a racing circuit THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FUCKING NOISE?

STUPID FUCKING C U N T S!
SteveoBC
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
Why the FUCK do people move somewhere close to a racing circuit THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FUCKING NOISE?

*CorsaCal*

30th Sep 13 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nooooooooooo! And this:

quote:

Tiger

30th Sep 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to Mallory before I could walk, as I only live 5 miles away, what pisses me off is that the local council is as corrupt as they come, walk through Hinckley, it's a ghost town, empty shops everywhere. The council seem hell bent on driving away every bit of business and the tiny bit of tourism that comes to the local area. They should tell the people bitching to fuck off if they don't like it. They won't shut down that HS2 train route because some locals don't like the noise.

Fucking bureaucracy nowadays. It'll be the death of this country.
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Sep 13 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thruxton is also very limited, on the stuff it can do. This country is full of muppets, it's like me moaning about the road noise from the A346 which is about a 1/4 of a mile away.
Ronson

30th Sep 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Thruxton is also very limited, on the stuff it can do. This country is full of muppets, it's like me moaning about the road noise from the A346 which is about a 1/4 of a mile away.

Complain and see what happens!?

My bet is they'll send you a letter/say over the phone 'well you should have thought about that before you moved there!' but in a polite way.
SVM 286

1st Oct 13 at 02:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been to Mallory. How old is it?
Tiger

1st Oct 13 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It opened in the 40's for racing horses, then I think 50's for motorbikes.
Haimsey
Premium Member

1st Oct 13 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mallorys a great little place, such a shame.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
neil h

1st Oct 13 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

It's been quoted several times already but i'll do it again because it's true. Who the hell in there right mind moves close to a racing circuit then complains about the noise. Mallory has been used for Motorsport for years, it's not as if it sprung up over night. I really don't get why councels panda to these people sometimes.
AndyKent

1st Oct 13 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are stupid, full stop.

Girlfriend works for the environment agency and says the number of people living in new build houses next to landfills ringing up to complain about the smell is staggering.

What, exactly, did you expect?
Jimbothebarbarian

1st Oct 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
People are stupid, full stop.

Girlfriend works for the environment agency and says the number of people living in new build houses next to landfills ringing up to complain about the smell is staggering.

What, exactly, did you expect?

I think they expect to use the noise/smell or whatever to be used as a bargaining chip to buy cheap. Then complain and argue like fuck to get said problem removed and bingo, house value goes up...
AndyKent

1st Oct 13 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure these sorts of people are as smart as that.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Oct 13 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alton Towers is having the same issue with a couple who live close to the main entrance in Farley. Its been going on since the 70s with the court cases starting in 2002.
DaveB

1st Oct 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Blinkers; you need both sides of the story.

See Pistonheads thread:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1259354&mid=45965&i=220&nmt=RE%3A+Mallory+Park%27s+future+in+doubt&mid

Mallory have been licensed 92 noisy days per year since 1985. In 2011 they did over 160 including un-silenced bike trackdays, drift days (including at night/evening) as well as MotoX & Musica Festivals. They hosted events like Japfest which lead to very long tailbacks in the village (4+ hrs) and all the people leaving these events need to show how fast/loud their car is on the way out. They have had drift day guys practicing on the the local roads on the way to and from the circuit.

It's not as clear-cut as it looks.
sc0ott

1st Oct 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The same people who buy a new build house then complain years later when further houses are due to be built on a peice of land behind their home.
Simon_16v

1st Oct 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the same problem with Croft, been there since the 2nd world war yet people who move into a house close to the track complain about the noise.

Get's me how the council can limit the amount of days they can have track days etc. As said above, why would you move there knowing well there is a racing circuit close by?!
Tiger

1st Oct 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveB
quote:

Blinkers; you need both sides of the story.

See Pistonheads thread:
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1259354&mid=45965&i=220&nmt=RE%3A+Mallory+Park%27s+future+in+doubt&mid

Mallory have been licensed 92 noisy days per year since 1985. In 2011 they did over 160 including un-silenced bike trackdays, drift days (including at night/evening) as well as MotoX & Musica Festivals. They hosted events like Japfest which lead to very long tailbacks in the village (4+ hrs) and all the people leaving these events need to show how fast/loud their car is on the way out. They have had drift day guys practicing on the the local roads on the way to and from the circuit.

It's not as clear-cut as it looks.

So when I see/hear people drifting almost every day of the week around Hinckley that's because of Mallory? If I complained about the noise from the local industrial estate that now operates 24hrs a day, that means it'll be stopped? Does it bollocks. The local council see pound signs and housing / land value figures and want a piece of it.

If the motocross was too loud, stop the motocross. Which they have since done. So clearly they want to either turn it back into a pony track or cease activities there altogether. It's win win for the council and lose lose for the area and motorsport fans.
Ben G

1st Oct 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whos to say the noise isn't travelling for miles? I'm not sure of the landscape around mallory park, but it could theoritcally be hears very far away.

I live 3 miles from a go kart track and some days I can hear the kart clearly. Other days its silent.
neil h

1st Oct 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
It's the same problem with Croft, been there since the 2nd world war yet people who move into a house close to the track complain about the noise.

Get's me how the council can limit the amount of days they can have track days etc. As said above, why would you move there knowing well there is a racing circuit close by?!

The best one was Donnington (iirc), the council prescribed noise limit for track days was so low that some factory standard track/road cars couldn't be used.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

1st Oct 13 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the piss take about Donnington is you can't hear yourself/the cars when the planes are landing at the airport every hour

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mallory Park circuit files for administration 23 database queries in 0.0134580 seconds