corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My cars have been stolen - First valuation in

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My cars have been stolen - First valuation in
Stu_22

User status: Offline
28th Oct 13 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its a long shot but in the luton area

White corsa VXR arctic edition number 157

Astra twin top black with Irmscher kit

Call beds police if you see anything

[Edited on 09-12-2013 by Stu_22]
chris_uk
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted for you. Hope you get them back in one piece.
_Allan_

28th Oct 13 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear that Stu. Hope they are recovered soon.

SVM 286

28th Oct 13 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus Stu! Both?! FFS

Hope they get nut cancer.
corsa-torque

28th Oct 13 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regs might help mate,

I'm in the area today so I'll keep an eye out
Stu_22

28th Oct 13 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa starts with j222
Astra is j22

Broke in and took my keys keep your keys next to you at night
Christopher

28th Oct 13 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking gutted for you mate! I hope they turn up safe and sound! :/ I sleep with my keys
Balling
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
Sorry about your cars.

Always wonder this though, how did they get in without you waking/noticing? Unlocked front door?

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Corsa starts with j222
Astra is j22

They are insured. I wouldn't want to keep the keys next to me. If them want them that bad they will get the keys.

Its happened a lot in the area i use to live in people getting the house broken into and cars stolen. My mate had it done too while they were asleep upstairs. Jumped the fence took a pane of glass out the conservatory doors got in took the scirocco and the mx5, tv and some other bits. Another had there S3 nicked while trying to get the R8 and z4m
pow
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to a customer of mine, took a 62 plate 1 series and his 13 plate Touraeg. They were in and out in a couple of minutes, took laptop and a couple of other bits with them
Brett
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ, that's harsh Hope it gets sorted somehow.
whitter45

28th Oct 13 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Corsa starts with j222
Astra is j22

don't do that - if they want your car they will assault you for it. Happend to a guy in work for his Golf GTI and held him at knife point for his keys.

Keep them out of sight from outside. Police said they always have common places to check - i.e hall cabinet, kitchen etc

Had both ours cars done in 2010 - keys downstairs. VXR did 9 miles and left on an estate to see if it had a tracker. chances are if they organised gang the VXR will be left for at least 24hrs to see if the tracker was activated. We got the VXR back within 36 hrs

1 series did 780 miles over 10 days and used in an armed robbery

[Edited on 28-10-2013 by whitter45]
Simon_16v

28th Oct 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Corsa starts with j222
Astra is j22

Keep them out of sight from outside. Police said they always have common places to check - i.e hall cabinet, kitchen etc

[Edited on 28-10-2013 by whitter45]

Another common place for people to leave them is in the back of the door with the house keys too
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
Another common place for people to leave them is in the back of the door with the house keys too

Neighbours had there 3 series taken this way last week. Got them through the letter box

Really sorry to hear about this though hope you get them back in one piece!

[Edited on 28-10-2013 by shaunmods]
_Allan_

28th Oct 13 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are still fucking stupid if they're taken through the letterbox these days.

Too little is thought about house security until something happens.

Have an alarm but not used, cheap cylinder locks, doors not locked with keys, cheap pvc doors with panels that can be kicked through in seconds, non laminated glass/film on lower floor windows. Leave keys in an obvious place that can be nabbed through the letterbox or left in lock etc...
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guy at work had his Focus ST taken, they grabbed the keys from the kitchen whilst they were still awake and watching telly in the next room

Hope you get it sorted, with new cars I'm not sure if I'd just prefer a payout and move on tbh.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Balling
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In this case, I guess living in a flat is better. They'll never know which door to enter to find the keys to our car.

whitter45

28th Oct 13 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
People are still fucking stupid if they're taken through the letterbox these days.

Have an alarm but not used, cheap cylinder locks, doors not locked with keys, cheap pvc doors with panels that can be kicked through in seconds, non laminated glass/film on lower floor windows. Leave keys in an obvious place that can be nabbed through the letterbox or left in lock etc...

yes, but your kind of making a statement to suggest its OK for it to happen if you haven't taken the above precautions

No matter how it happens it gives no right for someone to take possessions

For me it wasn't the fact of cars being taken but someone being in the house while being asleep
Gary
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really should sort out where my car keys go. I ten to leave them on my stairs which is directly behind my door
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Oct 13 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've left my car unlocked far too many times. Also left my house keys in the lock.... On the outside

My house is upside down, so from where I lay in bed I can actually see the door into the house. I would shit the bed if someone snuck in during the night.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jay

28th Oct 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_

yes, but your kind of making a statement to suggest its OK for it to happen if you haven't taken the above precautions

No matter how it happens it gives no right for someone to take possessions

In that respect though, it happens and always will so take the precautions to make it harder for them to get in and take the keys
Stu_22

28th Oct 13 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They popped the front door walked through into next room and took my keys
Left my wallet that was right next to keys
Got to have half an hour talk with insurance company just for one car
Ben G

28th Oct 13 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear that stu, but your advice about sleeping with your keys is terrible

Like others, I know someone who done this and they were tied up and a knife held to their throat until they gave the keys up.

I'd rather leave mine in the kitchen. It's only metal.
_Allan_

28th Oct 13 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jay knows where I'm coming from but maybe you harden up a little living in the city we do.

It's not fair or deserved it happend to Stu but comments of 'popped' the front door suggests panel removal, bumping or cylinder snapping, all of which could be beefed up and at least make life a little harder for the low life scum.
Stu_22

28th Oct 13 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree Allan I live at the end of a quite street never expected this

At least police forensics is done and new locks all round done

Time to dust off the old bike

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My cars have been stolen - First valuation in 23 database queries in 0.0151660 seconds