corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yet another shooting in America.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yet another shooting in America.
Ben G

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 14 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fort hood in Texas. As many as 4 dead according to sky news. 1 confirmed fatality. 14 injured.

Will they ever learn? For such an advanced country they appear to have such prehistoric views.

[Edited on 03-04-2014 by Ben G]
Welly Wanger

3rd Apr 14 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because its their God damn given right to carry a gun that's why, roll on the fire works at Yellowstone.
Tiger

3rd Apr 14 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They only have guns for 'self defense' apparently
andy1868

3rd Apr 14 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the victims had been carrying guns this wouldn't have happened. If you want peace you must prepare for war

[/sarcasm][/itsfuckedup]
sc0ott

3rd Apr 14 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fort hood is an army base, of course there is going to be guns everywhere.
Hammer

3rd Apr 14 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

This.

This isn't an opportunity to say 'yet another', it has nothing to do with civilians having free reign with firearms.
Bart

3rd Apr 14 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott

This.

This isn't an opportunity to say 'yet another', it has nothing to do with civilians having free reign with firearms.

This is probably true to some extent, but given that the whole country has very relaxed gun laws, id be interested to know how secure the guns were on site.
Balling
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Reports saying it was an unregistered firearm, so yes, this has everything to do with availability of firearms to civilians.

I don't think army bases around Europe allow personnel carry live ammunition.
Over here, getting live ammo off the range would prove near impossible. The army has insanely strict control over this, unsurprisingly.

Hammer

3rd Apr 14 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Reports saying it was an unregistered firearm, so yes, this has everything to do with availability of firearms to civilians.

I don't think army bases around Europe allow personnel carry live ammunition.
Over here, getting live ammo off the range would prove near impossible. The army has insanely strict control over this, unsurprisingly.

Depends how you view the incident, a soldier with mental health problems killing his pals in the army points to issues with the army to me. Whether or not he bought the gun from Walmart, stole it from an artillery range or asked his mate in the Military police for a loan of his gun. Which is my point.

There is an unnerving fascination from a lot of people to see people be killed so they can say 'I told you so' specifically in America. This could have happened anywhere, which again is my point.
Ben G

3rd Apr 14 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying I told you so.

I'm merely pointing out that this stuff only seems to happen in areas where gun laws are more relaxed.

I can't say i've heard of any military nutters go mental in any army bases in the UK.
GB123
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a bloke a couple of years ago who went mental on a British submarine and shot someone.

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-14971198

[Edited on 03-04-2014 by GB123]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone gets shot every single night in Liverpool...
Shell
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Military nutters... The media has a whole lot to answer for that they can confirm a persons medical history before their name. Well, sorry, no, they can confirm their psychiatric history. Nobody gives a fuck if they're asthmatic but one mention of mental health and everyone's nodding their heads in some sort of knowing assent that "of course, he's a mental". Does my tits in.

[Edited on 03-04-2014 by Shell]
Ben G

3rd Apr 14 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep your knickers on, Shell.
Shell
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, I really so just get my hair off when this comes up time and time again. I'm not saying this mans personal problems had nothing to do with what he did but it does nothing to waylay this notion that all people with any psychiatric background are dangerous.
Cavey

3rd Apr 14 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asthma sufferer goes on killing spree doesn't have the same ring as "mental patient murders many"
Dave

3rd Apr 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems unlikely he shot a load of folk because his inhaler ran out though.
Shell
Premium Member

3rd Apr 14 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about him is the more likely cause of why he shot a load of folk? Not being a shit, just wondering what the more likely scenario is for other people.

[Edited on 03-04-2014 by Shell]
Cavey

3rd Apr 14 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know the answer to that. As soon as they mention mental problems they expect everyone to think schizophrenia, bi polar, depression, PTSD etc... Whether its true or not, as you said, its the media doing what they do best.

Essentially, people will think he was disturbed and that was the reason behind it

[Edited on 03-04-2014 by Cavey]
Welly Wanger

4th Apr 14 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just another case of friendly fire on the riffle range, its not like BF or COD
Russ

4th Apr 14 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
Someone gets shot every single night in Liverpool...
no
Balling
Premium Member

4th Apr 14 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
The media has a whole lot to answer for
Couldn't agree more. I can't even go on a small killing spree without people trying to claim I have mental health issues.

All these psychotic killers are giving everybody else a bad name. It's like the media doesn't even know that we're a large group of completely sane people who like to go shoot up some crowds. Repulsing.

JonnyJ

4th Apr 14 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Way to spectacularly miss the point Balling

Didnt want to get involved in this thread as i know 100% where its going but fuck it

The point shes making about the media is a totally valid one. I read the article when the news broke and in the first couple of lines it read "suffered from mental health issues". Now theres a few things that annoy me about that. One, its stupidly vague, "mental health issues" covers a massive range of conditions but instantly, most of the ignorant general public will read that and go "oh, there it is then, another nutter on the loose" and away they'll go on with their day believing that the reason hes shot a load of folk MUST be because hes a mental.

Then a bit more information comes out, the "issues" he was suffering from were "depression and anxiety", i mean come on , tens of millions of people world wide suffer from that and dont go shooting up folk, so why is it relevant? All it does is stigmatise people with mental health conditions. If your mum was diagnosed with depression and anxiety would you suddenly start taking all the knives out of her kitchen just in case of course you wouldnt.

Unfortunately, far too many people out there stereotype anyone with a mental health issue as dangerous and a massive reason for this is because in stories like this the media will always look for any reason to include "mental health issues" in their story, no matter how vague. Its because people need a reason as to why such an atrocity has happened and its just easy to go "mental" because we dont understand it. Its lazy. Why not let the incident be properly investigated before we start giving possible excuses to the perpetrator? So what if he was suffering from depression? At this stage, what relevance does that have?

I wouldnt mind but most people will have already made their minds up on the cause for this based on one paragraph, they'll already be discussing it with others saying "did you see the story about that mental bloke that killed all those people in america", it could come out later that he just happened to be a bit of a prick, who had beef with either the people he shot or the army in general but people are past caring at this stage, they've already come to their own conclusions.

If it turns out that his mental health did play a part in it, fair enough, but let it be investigated first before we start throwing vague accusations about and planting seeds in ignorant peoples minds. Its this very reason why people are reluctant to get checked out and treated for mental health problems, because they fear people will instantly start making the "mental health problem = potential serial killer" link and the media's portrayal of that plays a massive part in that thinking.

I dont know how many people have ever been to a mental health hospital before, i have and i never felt threatened/scared, its just full of pretty normal folk trying to get better, you wouldnt even know that some of them were ill. They even let them use real knives to butter their toast etc Crazy, i know, considering if ever there was a place that mass murder was going to be committed, surely it'd be there, what with all the nutters under one roof!
Ben G

4th Apr 14 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't say i've noticed any normal decent hard working sane people go around shooting up or bombing people.

Either they're brainwashed by Allah or have ''mental issues''.

Why are you even attempting to potentially back someone who goes on a gun rampage? It's all well and good doing it in grand theft auto, but that isn't reality.
JonnyJ

4th Apr 14 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I can't say i've noticed any normal decent hard working sane people go around shooting up or bombing people.

Either they're brainwashed by Allah or have ''mental issues''.

Why are you even attempting to potentially back someone who goes on a gun rampage? It's all well and good doing it in grand theft auto, but that isn't reality.

Hark working? Whats that got to do with it? He had a job

Also where am i backing him? Please quote that bit.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yet another shooting in America. 23 database queries in 0.0181999 seconds