corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fail of CS: UPDATE 01/05 10:19 - Who won?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fail of CS: UPDATE 01/05 10:19 - Who won?
evilrob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Apr 14 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noticed a Corsa entered in this month's Ultimate Finish competition; car with the most votes gets £150 worth of car cleaning stuff. The power of CS helped me out around 2012 and I got a free dual action machine polisher. Now it's time for me to pay it forward...

Please give this guy a vote as a fellow Corsa-er:
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Competition/Entry.aspx?EntryId=2382

For some reason the Ultimate Finish site has borked his photos; I found these better quality ones on the Performance Vauxhall Show website:

It's been pointed out that 3 of the top 5 cars are all pretty new - one of them was only delivered in March FFS - and the owner of the car that's currently in the lead, lists in his detailing kit a complete set of Gtechniq products (which are incredibly expensive, for those not in the know) as well as a set of buckets that cost £40:

I don't know either of them, but this Range Rover guy clearly isn't going to benefit from £150 worth of free detailing goodies; if you can afford to buy a year-old Range Rover you don't need any free stuff, the cheeky rascal.

By contrast, the guy with the 10-year-old Corsa buys his wax in £6 pots and uses more reasonably-priced products from the likes of Autoglym:

I would like to see the guy with the Corsa win because I genuinely think he would appreciate winning more than Range Rover guy.

[Edited on 23-04-2014 by evilrob]

[Edited on 24-04-2014 by evilrob]

[Edited on 26-04-2014 by evilrob]

[Edited on 27-04-2014 by evilrob]

[Edited on 01-05-2014 by evilrob]
Ben G

16th Apr 14 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done, but I doubt it'll pass moderation

Btw, it's because of you that I keep getting bloody newsletters from that company.
Dom

16th Apr 14 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame that they spam you (luckily used a spam address) but done all the same!
Kyle T
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those pictures are letting you down, look terrible!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
evilrob
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Done, but I doubt it'll pass moderation

Btw, it's because of you that I keep getting bloody newsletters from that company.

Sorry about that fella - there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every mail they send out. It's all done through MailChimp so I'm confident unsubscribe actually means unsubscribe!
Ben G

16th Apr 14 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I must not have noticed that first time round

Still, worth it if you get a free machine polisher!
johnny86
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done
sc0ott

16th Apr 14 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunn
baza31

16th Apr 14 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you think people who drive range rovers are cunts ? By far better looking than the one your trying to fix to win.
RS6

16th Apr 14 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done for you
evilrob
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Why do you think people who drive range rovers are cunts ? By far better looking than the one your trying to fix to win.

I don't think people who drive Range Rovers are cunts. I just don't think this one needs this win. For the following reasons:

1. People who drive huge off-road vehicles with no intention of ever driving anywhere other than on a road get on my tits. People who polish their off-road vehicles, doubly so.

2. This particular guy can clearly afford to buy his own array of expensive detailing goodies (as he's already spent a fortune on GTechniq stuff that's like £30 for 10ml).

I reckon that winning would mean a lot more to the guy just trying to look after his 10-year-old Corsa with standard issue Autoglym / Poorboys products than it would Mr. "Look at my year-old Range Rover" and his top-of-the-range GTechniq arsenal.

evilrob
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RS6
done for you

Cheers, dude - although it's not for me; it's just a random act of kindness to whoever this Ben Hambling fellow is.
Ben G

16th Apr 14 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Range rovers are hardly ever driven off road nowadays. I see so many around here now, all shiny.

Doesn't bother me though, I quite like seeing a nice clean sport. The evoque has the ability to off road rather well, but it's not really bought for that.
John

16th Apr 14 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait until I can have a FFRR and never take it off road
Dom

16th Apr 14 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to spread this act of kindness a bit further a field, as the RR is starting to pull in the votes
John

16th Apr 14 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bothered looking and seen it's only an evoque, that doesn't mean you don't deserve free stuff
evilrob
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Just bothered looking and seen it's only an evoque, that doesn't mean you don't deserve free stuff

We're talking about a guy who spent £40 on buckets.

[Edited on 17-04-2014 by evilrob]
John

16th Apr 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree now, anyone who spends £40 on buckets is a moron.
Gaz

16th Apr 14 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Voted
alan-g-w

16th Apr 14 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a weird thread, for all we know the guy driving the RR could be a fucking saint. The jealousy in the air is palpable.
Dom

16th Apr 14 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
The jealousy in the air is palpable.

A forum dedicated to Corsa's voting up a Corsa in a competition........yeah, i see the problem now
evilrob
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What a weird thread, for all we know the guy driving the RR could be a fucking saint.

I don't disagree, but this isn't Range Rover Sport, it's Corsa Sport - so I'm suggesting we root for the guy with the Corsa.
alan-g-w

16th Apr 14 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying voting for a car in a competition like this is weird, I'm saying the whole tone of the first post and the title made it seem like it's simply to get it up the Range owner. The reasons you list for him not deserving it are laughable and sound like the rantings of someone deranged. He spent £40 on a bucket? You're acting like that makes him a bad person.

If I had the cash to buy a year old Range Rover and buy £40 buckets I'd pity the guy who despises me for it.
evilrob
Premium Member

17th Apr 14 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm not saying voting for a car in a competition like this is weird, I'm saying the whole tone of the first post and the title made it seem like it's simply to get it up the Range owner.

The primary goal was to do something nice for a Corsa owner, I don't know why you would choose to spoil this just because you dislike the tone of my first post.

quote:
The reasons you list for him not deserving it are laughable and sound like the rantings of someone deranged.

The notion that I ever suggested he didn't deserve it is laughable; I've merely put forward my opinion that a £150 win for the Corsa owner would be more meaningful - I'm not sure why you have an issue with this.

quote:
He spent £40 on a bucket? You're acting like that makes him a bad person.

I don't think he's a bad person. I do think he's a dickhead. Any of us could spend £40 on buckets, but we don't. Because we're not dickheads.

quote:
If I had the cash to buy a year old Range Rover and buy £40 buckets I'd pity the guy who despises me for it.

Jesus Christ, Alan - I'm sorry I called your boyfriend a rascal, alright?

Ben G

17th Apr 14 at 04:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forty fucking English pounds on fucking buckets? Yep, the guy is clearly chief nobhead in the moron brigade.

What do they do that a £1 black bucket with a grid guard doesn't?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fail of CS: UPDATE 01/05 10:19 - Who won? 23 database queries in 0.0180180 seconds