corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone with traders policy?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone with traders policy?
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th May 14 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've mentioned them before but still never gone through with it. Quote seems really good anyway for unlimited vehicles.

How many cars would you have to shift a year to appear legitimate would you say? On the phone they say just a few a year and keep a written receipt, but they would say that to get their sale tbh.

Also, it seems no problem to transfer your private no claims over to the traders policy, but it sounds like they can't be transferred back? How does no claims work anyway? Is there some kind of database for it? All I've had to supply previously is a letter from the insurer with it written on. Often thought I could easily mod it and nobody would ever be the wiser? Lets say after a year I decide it's not worked out, what's stopping me using the previous no claims letter as proof on a private policy and just saying I've not had insurance for a year?

Thanks

kennySRi

27th May 14 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a traders for 5 years. I told them that I was trading part time and just sold a few cars a year, they had no problems at all with it.

When I decided to not renew and get my car insured normally I transferred my no claims with no issues. I was always told by friends that you can't transfer them but it was never a problem.

Really miss having trade insurance, never any issues and was so good big able to drive what you want. Took a minute to go online to notify them of what cars and being added or removed.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th May 14 at 01:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you paying? I couldn't get it even close to a grand.
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got quoted £1k for unlimited cars including import sports & performance. Thought that was decent considering I could have 20 Imprezas on the drive
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kenny, what kind of turnover of cars did you have?
kennySRi

27th May 14 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At first I was paying just over £600 and it went up every year and when it got to a £1k I didn't think it was worthwhile as I stopped buying cars.

I was only selling/changing 4 or 5 cars a year. They never asked me what I was up to, if I was to claim then I think they would just want to see some receipts but seen as you don't have to sign any logbooks or even add all your cars to the policy you could just fake them if you needed 10 or whatever.

Police were ok as well, I got pulled over quite a bit back then because I was young and always out at night but they never questioned why I was on a traders because it was for social use as well. A few times they rang my insurers up and they said that I could drive any car.
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might go for it then. Main worry was losing my NCB. I've got 9yrs at mo.

Main reason really is its cheaper for me to get a traders than it is to insure 2 cars privately.
kennySRi

27th May 14 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't lose mine and carried them over no problem. Maybe worth asking them about it though incase some companies are different.

I wouldn't mind going back on a traders but they quoted over £1300 last time I spoke to them.
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I REALLY fancy one lol Insurance is usually the main obstacle and the reason why I don't have a few cars. With bot having NCB to use on a second car, the quotes are just stupid and I refuse to pay it
kennySRi

27th May 14 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go for it then and give it a go, was one of the most sensible decisions I've done in my life ha.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Becareful Brett, I know someone who works for a insurance firm and they check up on people who have these sort of policies, checking forums, facebook, googlemaps etc. Dodgy stuff
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i would actually buy/sell cars anyway mate. As long as I only need to do at least a few a year, that's no issue really
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh sweet no worries
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 10:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers tho Willay x
Ian
Site Administrator

27th May 14 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be curious to see what you end up with.
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In what regard?
Ian
Site Administrator

27th May 14 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who with and how much.
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, this is my quote

Cover Level Provided: Comprehensive

Indemnity Provided (per vehicle): £7,500

Benefits/Exclusions:

•Cover for vehicles on the road and theft cover from home address
•Cover for unlimited number of vehicles (cars & commercial vehicles) up to 3.5t
•Cover for customer vehicles whilst they are in your control for you motor trade occupation
•Includes Social, Domestic & Pleasure
•Excludes Demonstration Cover
•Includes Imported vehicle Cover
•Includes High Performance Cover
•Excludes American/Canadian Vehicles
•Excludes Motorcycle Cover

12 month Quotation: £1095.00

That was through Fresh insurance (01527 593805)
Ian
Site Administrator

27th May 14 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad.
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mainly wanted performance and imports on there otherwise I cant have any fun Be a few hundred cheaper otherwise.
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I right in assuming I can borrow peoples cars too and be covered full comp with that? Customers I mean.
taylorboosh

27th May 14 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could surely insure a performance car for far less anyways? My evo was £500 and i was 24 when i got it
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I could, not sure how that's relevant here tho. Read thread maybe?
taylorboosh

27th May 14 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have read the thread?

You want a traders policy for an unknown reason?
You plan to sell a few cars - just so you can have a traders policy?
Brett
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did say I can't use my NCB on a second policy tbf. Try insuring an evo for £500 with 0 NCB. It's cheaper for a traders than insuring 2 cars with private policies, again mentioned that. More to the point, I could have 20 evo's for that one price.

For someone who likes to change cars frequently I think it's perfect without having to worry about the hindrance of insurance and everything that comes with it.

But yes John, I want a traders policy just to have one so I can tell people on the internet.

[Edited on 27-05-2014 by Brett]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone with traders policy? 22 database queries in 0.0141330 seconds