corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What can I actually do? (Fruit machine related)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What can I actually do? (Fruit machine related)
Generation

User status: Offline
11th Oct 14 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange plae to post I know, but there are a few on here that could
Possible help

Pissed off but should be happy.

Played fruit machine wuickly before cinema, much to my delight I got "go all the way" which means guarenteed jackpot.

So I did, and lit up mega streak in red. Which is a minimum of £100 nearly always more and often £200. So was happy.

Half way through mega streak the machine breaks and alarms go off. Had an attendant see what happened, they switched it off, and back on and was as if I didn't have it at all.
So now he has to investigate and let me know tomorrow, all machines have "machine malfunction voids game" written on them, so they could be ****s and I can't do anything about it??

Videos on YouTube of what I had shows meany people getting £150+ from these streaks but I can't prove anything, what can I ACTUALLY do if they say no?

Forget the usual silly responses please
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Oct 14 at 03:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be that the malfunction clause prevents any recourse.

Firstly you've got to prove it was actually streaking, secondly you've got to find a reason why you're not bound by something that's visible when you started playing.

Don't hold out much hope tbh. Very frustrating because that's an obvious win of a lot of money.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 04:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing you can do.
Cavey

11th Oct 14 at 04:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're screwed unfortunately
Dan
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 05:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing will be done. Nature of the beast. Had it happen literally hundreds of times in over the years when I used to play all the while.

Sometimes used to make machines do it by turning them off mid go all the way boards. Certain machines used to give two one after the other then.

Did u play it anymore? It won't register the win and will probably run again

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Brett
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Choker
Steve
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 09:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There must be some sort of regulation, whats stopping gaming machine developers sneaking in random bits of code to make their machines break and con people out of money?

Would have thought there was logs etc
Jason x
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have filmed the whole thing, although with that notice on the machine I'm not sure it would make much difference
Generation

11th Oct 14 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah probably would happen again if was to
Play again, however it's an issue with the reel itself so would probably need an engineer this is all proof I have

Lee_fr200

11th Oct 14 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a fruit machine supplier so can tell you straight, a machine malfunction voids any win!

Was the 3rd reel very gittery as the bell fruit machines use blue reels which are very problematic I know as I've changed loads myself.

Unfortunately though there's nothing you can do as you hadn't banked the money! If it's was banked the memory in the machine would know this and keep it there
Steve
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you tell us straight what is stopping fruit machine suppliers writing code to simulate a malfunction and conning punters out of money?

Surely you should be at least entitled to a refund of the money its taken for that spin, you've effectively paid for something thats not delivered

[Edited on 11-10-2014 by Steve]
Dan
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do they need to do that for?

They are guaranteed to make a set percentage. They cannot lose.

Generation

11th Oct 14 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, was mid way between going to bank, it's bullshit. Just being nice for now, see where it gets me.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Oct 14 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Can you tell us straight what is stopping fruit machine suppliers writing code to simulate a malfunction and conning punters out of money?

Because they're legally required to payout a certain percentage of the take.

Not quite sure how that is regulated but they have to do it.

If they broke and swerved paying out for everyone, it'd be illegal.

Not sure why they'd need to though - surely its less hassle for them to just not let you win.
Dan
Premium Member

11th Oct 14 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could have been worse, u could have been told take the money out of that machine and we smash your head in. Whilst the land lord was holding a baseball bat!

Crazy the amount of places we used to get a lot of hassle, and barred from over the years playing them. Still don't get why, we used to have the decency to buy a coke each :/

Lee_fr200

11th Oct 14 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, we aren't allowed to mess with the program in anyway and you can't either we buy the machines from the manufacturers and that's that, on the newest ones their is a security dongle inside,

As Ian said there is a percentage on each machine and it is usually 78% but that's not per game as ppl usually think! that's based over 10,000 games and no by law we aren't required to pay anyone out as someone could be conning us, like we would argue if you was on the main board why has it come up with reel 3 error those reels aren't in use on the top boards, so we would usually just ask that 1 game was refunded which is usually £1 and we take it out the hoppers but as said not required to pay anything if we don't wish to, all the labels around the coin entry tells you all the get outs

[Edited on 11-10-2014 by Lee_fr200]
Generation

11th Oct 14 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reels were moving as its a streak feature and reels have to move to spin the wins in.

Lee_fr200

11th Oct 14 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aahhh right was the 3rd reel gittery? Or did it run and then run on as it alarmed
Lee_fr200

11th Oct 14 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it ran on then it's the opto sensor if it was gittery then it's the stepper motor the blue reel mechs are a nightmare, i have about 4 machines in the workshop waiting on new reels before we sell them

[Edited on 11-10-2014 by Lee_fr200]
Generation

11th Oct 14 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just stopped in wrong position and alarm
Sounded. Didn't notice anything glittery
ShEp

11th Oct 14 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Malfunction voids the play.

9 times out of 10 plugging it will resart the feature.
Lee_fr200

11th Oct 14 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unplugging it will just reset the machine, won't restart the feature, I admit if the amount was banked then the machine would remember that but that's it
Lee_fr200

11th Oct 14 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if it didn't gitter then it's the opto sensor, you see on a reel there is a black tab and it passes through the middle of an opto sensor, that's how the real knows where it is if there's a problem with the opto it can't find it's position so just stops and alarms
Lee_fr200

11th Oct 14 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The opto needs a clean more than likely, 10 second fix but they still wouldn't pay you out and on opening and closing the top door it just resets so wouldn't restart a feature undortunately
Generation

11th Oct 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I can do
Is see what they say when they call me. If they can't do anything I'll ask them to leave off until I get there (10 mins away) and play it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What can I actually do? (Fruit machine related) 23 database queries in 0.0176601 seconds