corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » subwoofers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author subwoofers
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
25th Jun 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wondering what people know about small active subs? as in one that i could fit under the seat in my t4 transporter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIBE-LiteAir-Optisound-Auto-8-compact-car-subwoofer-underseat-/181044915701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a271e2df5

for example
Brett
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lad at work bought one of these only the other week, his had the built in amp tho. Seems alright for the money.

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by Brett]
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its more compact space saving and providing a small amount of bass that i cant get from the small front speakers.

found some with built in amps, that would be ideal.
pow
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a mini one in my mazda, it worked a treat. An alpine unit I bought 2nd hand from ebay
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you hear a 'bass line' coming from another car in traffic what do you instantly think about that driver:

a) Wow what a classy gentleman, I wish I could be more like him.

or

b) What a cunt.
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
When you hear a 'bass line' coming from another car in traffic what do you instantly think about that driver:

or

b) What a cunt.
explain to me why you care about me wanting to listen to music in my vehicle? i travel distances, i like music. why is this a problem to you?
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure where you learned to speak English but what I did there was ask a question, not make a statement.

It was merely there for your to use as a point of consideration before making your purchase.
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Further more if you are not interested in peoples opinions then why did you feel the need to ASK for peoples opinions?
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf are you on about?

im considering making a purchase based around what i want, not what people on the street think. who the fuck lives their life giving a shit about the views of others?

djgritt
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't ask for an opinion....
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Further more if you are not interested in peoples opinions then why did you feel the need to ASK for peoples opinions?
i asked what people know about small active subs, not what peoples opinions are about base lines from vehicles? you need to read the original post better before high horsing yourself on a thread dave.
DaveyLC

25th Jun 15 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I apologise Mr Barnes, I'm sure you'll enjoy the finely tuned acoustics of your motor vehicle once it has enough base to rattle the panels.
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
its more compact space saving and providing a small amount of bass that i cant get from the small front speakers.

pretty sure i asked for a small amount of base, not panel rattling base.

again......

READ THE POSTS PROPERLY
Balling
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

or

b) What a cunt.
Having a subwoofer doesn't equal too much bass though.

Balling
Premium Member

25th Jun 15 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, is there no way you could find room in the van for a small 8" or 10" active sub in a regular sealed enclosure?

I admit I've no experience with the flat ones, but I can't imagine them playing anywhere near as well as a proper sub.

Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well orginally i had 2x 12" subs under the rear seat. ive now swapped that for the facrory quick release rear seats, as i like the idea of being able to have use of the full van if needed quickly.

id prefer it to be a permanent fixture in an out the way place.
sxibeast

25th Jun 15 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put the active version of this sub in the other half's 206 last month (sub, amp and pushchair just wouldn't fit)! Good sub, fills in that gap you get with the standard speakers. Not window rattling by any means, but does a good job.

Ours is mounted in the boot (drivers side) as there is practically no room for feet and sub in a 206 footwell.
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 15 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.carsoundsandsecurity.co.uk/store/vibe-liteair-optisound-auto-8-active/

this one?

[Edited on 25-06-2015 by Nic Barnes]
SVM 286

26th Jun 15 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
wondering what people know about small active subs? as in one that i could fit under the seat in my t4 transporter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIBE-LiteAir-Optisound-Auto-8-compact-car-subwoofer-underseat-/181044915701?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a271e2df5

for example

I think this is probably the kind of thing I need in my car. Just a little something to complement the OE speakers.
SVM 286

26th Jun 15 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

or

b) What a cunt.

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 01:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some component speakers and they will provide you with enough bass for normal listening.

Ive got components in the front and coaxels in the rear and I can feel my chair vibrate on bassy songs
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 01:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus with it being in a van type of vehicle i think a sub would sound pretty poor
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 01:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://caraudiosecurity.com/slick-4c-v3-4-10cm-car-component-speakers-210w

pretty sure i seen you say the fronts were 10cm
Nic Barnes

26th Jun 15 at 06:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's pretty quiet inside now it's insulated and partly carpeted so I think it wouldn't be too bad.

Fronts are 10cm yep, what and where do I put the tweeters however? Is there an angle etc that would be best? Plenty of room in the a pillar covers
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Jun 15 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ddidnt think about tweeters

put them whereever you want

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » subwoofers 23 database queries in 0.0182672 seconds