corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fat Shaming

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fat Shaming
Ellis

User status: Offline
1st Dec 15 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Police investigate reports of fat-shaming cards on London tube

Ref: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/30/police-investigate-reports-of-fat-shaming-cards-on-london-tube

Group purportedly calling itself Overweight Haters seen handing cards to commuters, saying they ‘hate fat people’

Would the police be investigating if someone handed a card 'shaming' someone tall for example?

Discuss...
Balling
Premium Member

1st Dec 15 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf? Who spends their time making and handing out "we hate fat people" flyers?

What laws are being broken though?

Ellis

1st Dec 15 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. Seems like a strange thing to do.

That is precisely my point - what law are they actually breaking? I can sense the 'hate crime' or 'offended' card being played here.
Ricky352

1st Dec 15 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If smokers and heavy drinkers can be veiwed negatively by society, should overweight people?

Daft idea handing out cards imo.

[Edited on 01-12-2015 by Ricky352]
Balling
Premium Member

1st Dec 15 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
If smokers and heavy drinkers can be veiwed negatively by society, should overweight people?
People should stop being so concerned with what other people do tbh (bit of a paradox, I know).

Just treat other people properly and respectfully and I couldn't give two fucks if your breath stinks or you're massively overweight.

Ricky352

1st Dec 15 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose the argument would be if these peoples behaviours negatively affect other people.
Ellis

1st Dec 15 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Suppose the argument would be if these peoples behaviours negatively affect other people.

Of course it has a negative impact but I fail to see how that can be considered a crime. It is this sudden rise of culture whereby being offended puts you on pedestal, almost creating your own instant pop-up minority - and remember you are protected to the hills when you're a minority. What ever happened to the sticks and stones phrase??
3CorsaMeal

1st Dec 15 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care if people want to be fat, i do think that a lot of people who slag off fat people are probably addicted to something else and feel angry in themselves so take it out on fat people.

I just don't understand how fat people don't have an off switch and just keep eating too much everyday, i find if i feel a bit off a belly coming on i eat less for a few days. Couldn't just eat shit food everyday and watch myself getting fatter and fatter.

What annoys me is people blaming sugar and now the talk of taxing it, i'm 6ft tall and weigh about 11.5 to 12 stone, i eat quite a lot of sugar.
Ricky352

1st Dec 15 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
quote:

Of course it has a negative impact but I fail to see how that can be considered a crime. It is this sudden rise of culture whereby being offended puts you on pedestal, almost creating your own instant pop-up minority - and remember you are protected to the hills when you're a minority. What ever happened to the sticks and stones phrase??

Sorry, meant the behaviours of smokers, heavy drinkers and overweight people.

Agree with the sticks and stones thing though lol, that's what we were always taught at school.
Ellis

1st Dec 15 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I misunderstood. Yeah, smoking is entirely different issue. They've already been vilified and socially shunned.

At least the sale of tobacco generates an enormous amount of tax to pay for the strain it eventually puts on the NHS. Not the case with obesity.
Ellis

1st Dec 15 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
What annoys me is people blaming sugar and now the talk of taxing it, i'm 6ft tall and weigh about 11.5 to 12 stone, i eat quite a lot of sugar.

Excess sugar isn't just linked to obesity. It's also associated with heart disease, type 2 diabetes, strokes and even cancer.
Jambo

1st Dec 15 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excess sugar isn't "linked" to obesity but it bloody should be. Good documentary to watch on this is "Fed Up".

I think the card thing is fucking horrific. Horrible human beings.
Ellis

1st Dec 15 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For clarity, I agree with Jambo, it's a horrific thing to do. If you think such thoughts, keep them to your fucking self. I just don't think this is a crime. I do fear these people will be pursued and hit with something anti-social behavior related.

Resource would be better directed towards pursuing those who hand out religious extremism propaganda.
A1EX

1st Dec 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got nothing against fat people until i have to sit next to one on a plane...
Nic Barnes

1st Dec 15 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was fat once. I'm not now and feel much better. The Internet called me fat (and still does oddly) and this form of bullying is why I am no longer fat. These cards are inspiration, not abuse.
MatthewR

1st Dec 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shutup fatty
Ian W

1st Dec 15 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
People should stop being so concerned with what other people do tbh (bit of a paradox, I know).

Just treat other people properly and respectfully and I couldn't give two fucks if your breath stinks or you're massively overweight.

+ 1

Ellis

1st Dec 15 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
I was fat once. I'm not now and feel much better. The Internet called me fat (and still does oddly) and this form of bullying is why I am no longer fat. These cards are inspiration, not abuse.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Dec 15 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be gay shaming too
Steve
Premium Member

1st Dec 15 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talking of minorities, had a transgender bloke/women in doing a talk about awareness of it the other week.

Deffo not all the ticket, no idea why some things are considered a mental illness yet others arent
Ellis

1st Dec 15 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Bruce Jenner cunt has made this transgender thing all the rage. Then he won woman of the year. Laughable.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Dec 15 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DC90

1st Dec 15 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bunch of hipsters doing this apparently. Bet these cunts have been on a gap year.

Hope one of these cunts give a card to the wrong person, or in the presence of the wrong person and get the living shit kicked out of them. Wankers.
DaveyLC

1st Dec 15 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel sorry for the people making the notes.
DaveyLC

1st Dec 15 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also disapprove of their terrible Grammar.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Fat Shaming 23 database queries in 0.0198829 seconds