corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plates

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private plates
--ToM--

User status: Offline
16th Jan 16 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The last few Iv bought Iv done that thing where you pay £20 and they do all the legwork for you and the logbook and plates just arrive in the post.

The latest one Iv bought is off the DVLA themselves and Iv just filled out the v750 and sent it off with my v5. It's got written all over it the vehicle should be avaliable for inspection, never heard this before what's it all about? To make sure I'm displaying the plate correctly etc? Or are the chances of them wanting to see the car pretty slim?
Generation

16th Jan 16 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worried about undeclared wind deflectors IMO
--ToM--

16th Jan 16 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worried about drug residue all over the interiour
Ben G

16th Jan 16 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably just one of these stupid things they have to add to the form. I highly doubt they're going to turn up at your door and ask to see your registration plates.

Maybe don't space it like a retard? That would work better Imo.

TOM F U

[Edited on 16-01-2016 by Ben G]
--ToM--

16th Jan 16 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfectly good spacing imo only moving a few letters across its not like it's likely to be misread lol, I'm not bothered about that I was more concerned about having to go to a dvla station then be shafted for my front tints although there not that bad there not legal, vosa guy who comes my garage to asses the MOT lane even said if he tagged me in a roadside checkpoint thing he would only give me a slap on the wrist as there not bad 35% I think they are.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Jan 16 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just keep the windows down or something

I got my plate from the DVLA and once I had the cert I used their website to assign it to my car, then used the cert to get plates and a new log book turned up in the post
--ToM--

16th Jan 16 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That what I tried to do but coz the car was bought off a trader and Iv not had it more than 5 months yet as it wasn't taxed when the trader had it this for some stupid reason means I can't do it online so I had to post it off :/
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Jan 16 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair dos, it will be alright
kennySRi

16th Jan 16 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've always said that they may want to inspect it. Years ago they asked to look at one of my cars but was easy enough because I went to Dvla to transfer the plate and they just wanted to check the vin numbers.

The new system is miles better now. Just do it all online and is instant.
RichRu

16th Jan 16 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to take a car I had few years back..its just a random check they just checked the VIN number etc I was removing a plate at the time

[Edited on 16-01-2016 by RichRu]
--ToM--

16th Jan 16 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool cheers lads, if it happens I'll just throw some properly spaced plates on it and go down
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jan 16 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had to do it with my plate but they did ask my mate to do so.

His is R4Y and two more letters if that makes a difference. They only checked VIN and a few other things on a single page checklist though, not really a full rundown to check any other things on it.
Ronson

16th Jan 16 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Private plates, or twat plates as I call them, where people spell their names with numbers and make the car look shit or it leaves you unsure if its a private plate or not sometimes.

Completely pointless imo
DaveyLC

16th Jan 16 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all different now, you do it online (plates can be changed same day) and the retention period is 10 years..
--ToM--

16th Jan 16 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the certificate for the reg thru on Friday I tried to do it online today but it wouldn't let Me so I phoned dvla who said reason is the car has to be taxed for a certain period of time or there system makes u do it the old send it off on the post way, coz I bought by car from s dealer obviously he hadn't had it taxed so Iv only had it 2 months If that, so I sent the docs off in the post today.

Was just wondering what the woman meant on the phone when she said about seeing the car. It's not like it's proper illegal I just wanna know what it's all about lol.
DaveyLC

16th Jan 16 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've also got to do it on a week day during working hours.

You shouldn't need to send anything off?
--ToM--

16th Jan 16 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ronson there's nothing better than a decent private plate mate. There are some shit ones out there I'll give you that.
--ToM--

16th Jan 16 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to sent off the v750 with my current logbook when I get my new logbook back I can then stick plates on she said all tho I'll do the same as with my vxr and just stick plates on when the turn up off eBay
Ronson

17th Jan 16 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Ronson there's nothing better than a decent private plate mate. There are some shit ones out there I'll give you that.

You mean like the guy that owns an Audi Q7 with the reg AUD1.

So the guy has an Audi, with Audi badges ALL OVER IT (and S line badges) yet gets the reg plate AUD1, WHYYYYY? PEOPLE CAN ALREADY SEE ITS A FUCKING AUDI!!!

Its like BMW X6 owners that get the reg X6 ABC (not an actual reg I've seen) YES YOU HAVE AN X6 WHY GET A REG WITH X6 IN IT FOR FUCKS FUCKING SAKE
--ToM--

17th Jan 16 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a massive fan of car related plates either on run of the mill stuff, 250 gto on s Ferrari 250 gto looks epic though so does F400 MPH on a f40, I normally buy ones personal to me, hide the age of a car and if it's a good one that spells something or looks like it does then it's all good
DaveyLC

17th Jan 16 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It makes more sense than spending 100s/1000s sticking tat to the car that in reality reduces its value..

A decent plate is one of the only 'mods' that can actually increase in value.
Andrew

17th Jan 16 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mine at a local DVLA office. Gave me a new MOT cert and advised I had 5 days to have plates made and advise insurance.

Log book came back in the post.

[Edited on 17-01-2016 by Andrew]
Ronson

17th Jan 16 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Not a massive fan of car related plates either on run of the mill stuff, 250 gto on s Ferrari 250 gto looks epic though so does F400 MPH on a f40, I normally buy ones personal to me, hide the age of a car and if it's a good one that spells something or looks like it does then it's all good

But 250 GTO is just stating what car it is, as the badges already do! and F400 MPH is a bit misleading.

The only reg plate I thought was cool was F1 when it was on a McLaren F1 (its now on a Veyron) although there is pics of a McLaren F1 with the plate F1 JOY.
--ToM--

17th Jan 16 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your views on private plates is idiotic. No longer continuing to converse with you.

250 GTO on a 250 gto not cool? Behave. Also it's not stating what the badges state because it doesn't have badges on it other than Ferrari so the plate does make it cool.
--ToM--

17th Jan 16 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talk about contradicting yourself lol f1 on an f1 "stating what the badges clearly state" therefore not cool but you find it cool.

Weirdo.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plates 22 database queries in 0.0147960 seconds