corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)...

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)...
davieslim

User status: Offline
19th Mar 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff glad theres been an update, im going to redo mines with nice new pictures

dont like the rear lights much
Rybo

20th Mar 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gonna see how they look on with the bumpers etc before making a definate decision,ive got a standard set here so its no biggie either way
should have stuff from paint back at end of month
Rybo

21st Mar 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought i best put a few pics up to go with the all the text,just a few of the inside now its done,the cage will probbly be done over next winter now as i want it on the road for the summer and fundage aint massive..will get more as i progress

for what its worth i spent a fair bit of time with the clocks/centre console/gauges etc
the clocks are actually fitted with 8 led's instead if the standard lamps as theyre shit and i wanted a crisper look to them
ecclesturbo

21st Mar 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookin good bud,il pop up sometime
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

22nd Mar 10 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the digi dash, that must have been a proper ballache to wire in
top work though

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417
Rybo

22nd Mar 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they aint too bad ive put em in a few vauxhalls now,gauges were more agro getting parts and adapters for the temp senders for oil and water,with the water i ended up just making one up at work
jampot

22nd Mar 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should do A write up on replacing the bulbs and getting it stickied! The dash looks good where did you get the leds from?
Rybo

22nd Mar 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bought a batch off ebay and got busy with a glue gun and the soldering iron..if i thought anybody would've actually cared i would of lol.
Rybo

25th Mar 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these came today...not a massive update but im waiting on the paint shop
although i i dont actually plan on having this car out in wet weather i thought id get these to clean the outside up a bit

as the standard ones are naff ugly it nw has modern smooth wiper blades lol

better updates soon hopefully
Rybo

27th Mar 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so last night after work i decided to "do a bit"...
i fitted the transducer for the dash first of all, because this car had air-con originally it had different fan wiring and as ive fitted a fan overide switch in the centre i decided to strip the fan/aircon loom back in the bay and start afresh,the fan will ow still run after ive knocked the engine off it the temperature requires it through the temp switch in the rad,and also comes with an manual overide so covered all round..its nicely tucked away with a fuse behind the battery and tidied the new wiring away,now i had this done i also fitted the brand new header tank
the old one wouldnt clean up and made all my work look shite so it had to go..ive now decided im gonna have to get a screen wash bottle as this looks too grubby for my liking (its like o.c.d haha).

then this morning SRI-LEE towed up and gimme a hand to put her on the ramps as i needed to fettle the exhaust rubbers underneath to get it sat better

this weekend im gonna give the gear box a wash,polish the engine (its got a bit mucky past few months) and finish getting ready for the body parts returning from paint...hopefully then M.O.T
i may actually get a project to PVS for once ha,its only taken 5 years...

quick pic of the couple of bits i did today..please excuse the dust/muck
Rybo

11th Apr 10 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually had awesome weather this weekend and progress!!
the bodyshop came up good at last and the gear is on..ive now got the tyres off my wheels as theyre geting sand blasted this week hopefully for powder coating....then MOT - its gonna be a push for pvs though
thanks again for looking guys

im still undecided on the rear lights but the standard ones look naff - ill decide once ive got the rest of the outside done,didnt get any pics of meshing the front bumper...something i thought i'd left behind with owning cars with bodykits but it went okay
davieslim

11th Apr 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like it, still hate the lights but i like the umper like that, might have to copy you
vaux.dan

12th Apr 10 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

front end <3 not too keen on the backbox or them lights. engine bay looks gleeeming !!

MatthewR

12th Apr 10 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In terms of styling the front looks mega aggressive and ubber cool but the rear looks like a missmatch - u have to have smoked MHWs on the rear with your color scheme

[Edited on 12-04-2010 by MatthewR]
ecclesturbo

12th Apr 10 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice on my old wheels,top job ryan
JordyCarter

12th Apr 10 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice progress this tbh. Loving the car mate!
Rybo

12th Apr 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i come across a set of mhw's i will buy them,as they will look best,the back box was the nicest tailpipe i had choice of when i had the system made and tbh i like it,the more i look at it the more i need to change the lights but i wanted to try summat different,at the end of the day its one of many corsa redtop projects but ive tried to make it my own and rest assured on the effort thats gone in,i will be sad to see her go the day she does

and thanks davie,if you do decide to copy me its fine...as youve written it above
taken the wheels to be blasted tonight (again lol) so more updates soon,
thanks again for the comments lads
fillmecca

12th Apr 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it ryan ad say get rid off then back lights...dnt like them!
Rybo

28th Apr 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well as we speak im waiting to pick the powder coated rims up i fitted remote central locking to it the other night,only took me an hour and £25 off ebay - a nice perk to have, my camber correction kit is also here and ive four brand new proxes waiting to go on too.
im quite fortunate in my new job as i work with some very skilled lads who aswel as ribbing me like to help out now and again with little bits

i had the idea that an 8 ball would be a cool gear nob,but having lift up reverse i couldnt just buy one of the old ebay...so i bought a standard 8 ball for 1.99 delivered....

then my good colleague threw the badger in the laithe ....

and hey presto,i drilled and tapped an m4 grub screw into the bottom front so it would fit nice and tight
not everyones taste but i kinda like it especially as it was "home brew"
will have a better update soon

fillmecca

29th Apr 10 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it,like the push start to ryan and good idear but i fail to see the need/why?? more effort as you need key in for stering lock :S and the key in switch bord thing makeing you need 2keys? :S
davieslim

29th Apr 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any full side on pics of the corsa with the black trim?
Rybo

1st May 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca
love it,like the push start to ryan and good idear but i fail to see the need/why?? more effort as you need key in for stering lock :S and the key in switch bord thing makeing you need 2keys? :S

there was no need aside from the fact i wanted too and i wanted a switch panel for the other bits so thought that would be something else to fit in there
the key in the centre will be a cut off for a nitrous oxide kit i plan on fitting over the winter - so only need the one key as usual bud,i like to make provisions as it saves time later on and the wires are coiled up in the dash for now, making it easier later on

davie i havent yet as im waiting till its finished,which will be next week hopefully
fillmecca

1st May 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rybo8655
quote:
Originally posted by fillmecca

there was no need aside from the fact i wanted too and i wanted a switch panel for the other bits so thought that would be something else to fit in there
the key in the centre will be a cut off for a nitrous oxide kit i plan on fitting over the winter - so only need the one key as usual bud,i like to make provisions as it saves time later on and the wires are coiled up in the dash for now, making it easier later on

davie i havent yet as im waiting till its finished,which will be next week hopefully

hhmmmm true dose look smart tho il give you that lol like the noz idear tho
Rybo

12th May 10 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of an update guys...the car went for an MOT today...and passed although i did have to argue it was a pre '92 engine etc for the lack of catalytic converter,got an advisory for a rear wheel bearing (annoyingly enough one of the very few things i never replaced-will do at weekend) and the fog light switch on the dash didnt light up so he had a winge about that...
im chuffed its ready to insure now!
i still havent got my wheels back from the powder coaters however i did take it for an MOT on these babies...

thats right ha, steelies!! 15inchers to be exact they are fitted with 45 rubber and 5mm spacers to clear the turbo brakes but in a daft sort of way i think they look kinda cool,i also put standard front lights back in for the MOT as i couldnt be arsed to fiddle setting up the morettes
im totally chuffed and cant wait to get it on the road/track for real
Rybo

13th May 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to add...it wil be on the stand at pvs (i think)

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » the re-incarnation of my danger corsa...laying down some new ideas here :)... 24 database queries in 0.0205920 seconds