corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa xe drivers.... just interested to see what cars you have raced or had fun with?

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa xe drivers.... just interested to see what cars you have raced or had fun with?
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got smashed by a civic type r. My transit is not really that fast. I reckon i had it 0-5mph though.
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dangermouse2503

It did trust me
Was a put up or shut up moment on a track day, earned me some coin in process and scored one for the Corsa
With throttle bodies and remapped it threw a 5.8sec 0-60mph.
Its now running in the Toyo Tyre championship and is owned by the son of car dealer in Brighton.
Wish I had the coin now to buy it back

You put throttle bodies on it? trust you, trust a random person on the internet....?

It won you some coin, whats your name, Paul walker?

Poor driving by the evo. It would not beat one.

Even our 1.6 16v on TB, running 214bhp would not stand a chance. And unless the engine has had some MAJOR upgrades, it wasn't running anything near that power.

Lookup Corsa Vs Saxo day on youtube.
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by dangermouse2503

It did trust me
Was a put up or shut up moment on a track day, earned me some coin in process and scored one for the Corsa
With throttle bodies and remapped it threw a 5.8sec 0-60mph.
Its now running in the Toyo Tyre championship and is owned by the son of car dealer in Brighton.
Wish I had the coin now to buy it back

You put throttle bodies on it? trust you, trust a random person on the internet....?

It won you some coin, whats your name, Paul walker?

Poor driving by the evo. It would not beat one.

Even our 1.6 16v on TB, running 214bhp would not stand a chance. And unless the engine has had some MAJOR upgrades, it wasn't running anything near that power.

Lookup Corsa Vs Saxo day on youtube.

Could post full spec of engine but it may lose you

It aint just down to the engine, dont forget suspension, brakes, tyres etc

Car was set up perfectly

And if it didnt stand a chance then please, why your an expert, is it racing against V12 Jags and M3 BMW's with the same engine spec and causing them a lot of trouble???
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude, I was friends with the person who BUILT the car, I know how it goes.

It might loose me? Hmmmmm, 10 years on here, and having been out in practically every engine/tuned and converted, may say otherwise.

What brakes/suspension did you change to? It had toyo888's on it which were proven to work extremly well..

http://public.fotki.com/DaimoB/cruises_and_shows_2003/2003_corsa_vs_saxo_day/

This was when Renton owned it after Lee gave it to him (lee being the person with the deep pockets who had to swap the parts onto 3 different engines after popping them all).

Its not racing as the season is over. What championship is it racing in again? I'll have a look at last years results.

Hmmmm 1.6 16v Corsa beating M3's eh

Im actually geniunly interested, so fire away on the revised tech spec and information on championship would be good.

[Edited on 26-02-2010 by VXR]
Nic Barnes

26th Feb 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol vxr
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Nic, even you got to agree about a 1.6 16v NA corsa beating M3's

Does this mean if I sort out a 106GTi/16v Saxo, it'll actually win all the races, as they are always quicker than Corsas...?

I mean Andy TB 214bhp, fully stripped, caged, no expense spared Corsa was pretty quick for a 1.6....

But against M3's???? Even an E30 would whoop its ass round the bends AND the straights..

Nic Barnes

26th Feb 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh no im not really bothered i was just laughing at the way you reply.
Kevxx

26th Feb 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i beat a celica gt fair and square
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
oh no im not really bothered i was just laughing at the way you reply.

Ditto on many occasion
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was in the Toyo Tyres chamionship.

Search Youtube and look for some of the video's of it doing a pretty good job.

And have ever thought it aint down to the car, it might have something to do with the driver and his experience?

My brother had an Astra VXR, completely standard, 237bhp out of the box. I have a 2litre Ecowreck cavalier, induction kit and exhaust, lowered on shocks and springs and 18's with falken tyres on it. Went to Scotland last year and hit a road between Fort William and Oban. Him in front, me behind and he couldnt lose me. On straights he pulled away, on bends was glued to the rear bumper. Should that be possible as well or not? lol
Or a Corsa VXR lapping 3 VXR8's on a track day at Oulton Park? That not possible either?
Both me and my bro are competent drivers but not complacent with a fair few years track experience under our caps.

Like I said, its experience that counts.

Will post tech spec up when I find it
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track days are not the same. Different levels of skill, HUGE different levels. Same goes for the road.

Racing is a different league, and more often than not the skill levels are much closer.

Yes please as i spent a fair bit of time in this car and would like to know how its progressed. Please tell me its not that stupid yellow colour still?

Will youtube Toyo Tyres championshiip tonight. Or you could save me the effort (As you seem confident its on YT) and post the links for me so i can just click on them when im home).

Your other examples have such a big flaws im not going to reply to them
ajscorsa

26th Feb 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Track days are not the same. Different levels of skill, HUGE different levels. Same goes for the road.

Racing is a different league, and more often than not the skill levels are much closer.

Yes please as i spent a fair bit of time in this car and would like to know how its progressed. Please tell me its not that stupid yellow colour still?

Will youtube Toyo Tyres championshiip tonight. Or you could save me the effort (As you seem confident its on YT) and post the links for me so i can just click on them when im home).

In like the 10 years you've been on here you've never changed lol, yer a stubborn bugger and always gotta be right
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa

In like the 10 years you've been on here you've never changed lol, yer a stubborn bugger and always gotta be right

Least that proves I don't change for the interent.

I like being right, and I am stubborn, and I maintain that if someone gives me a good engouh reason, or relevent fact to prove im wrong, im always happy to apologise and bow down and take a shafting. Can't see why I should change my opinion from what some web dudes told me I should think. Thats just taking a shafting for no reason.

People miss these points though

Tell me anyone who doesn't enjoy being right? Im right, loads, until compared to Donna, who puts me in my place when im wrong, by proving it. I humbly accept

dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Track days are not the same due to skill levels? So are you now admitting that it would be possible for a N/A X16xe corsa to beat an Evo 3 running 350bhp?

Blowing own trumpet I have 4 years racing experience under my hat, 3years karting and 1year racing an XR2 in 750mc si I'd say yeah, I have some experience

Yes it was KTM Yella when I had it but new owner has sprayed it Renault yellow(cant remember exact colour name)

Colour didnt bother me, was more interested in the performance

Regards other examples being flawed, say what you will(or don't). There fact, they happened, not interested in your opinions to be honest
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just becuase you sat on its ass does not mean your faster, just the driver wasn't obviously a good one.

Those cars, same driver, the Corsa WILL loose out in time.

So maybe your just a better driver than the evo bloke, who clearly can't drive if he's being harrassed by a 1600cc corsa.

If your not interested in the opinion, why write it in the first place?

Anyway, tech spec on L100RSA please, as thats all im really interested in what was changed, as really it didn't need bodies on it.
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will find tech spec for you when I get home.

Trust me, it needed bodies and responded really well to them being fitted

Regards being 'sat on its ass', your right it dosent mean I'm faster but knowing how my brother can drive I think I was doing a pretty good job.

'Those cars, same driver, the Corsa WILL loose out in time'

Probably yeah but they didnt so the corsa won fair and square.

Just because someone posts something up dosent mean that we all want your opinion hence the saying 'somethings are better left unsaid'
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is not my way, if i want to say it, I will

Strange as it ran excellently on the Mantzel. I found that car drove better being properly setup on the M-box than other milder tuned but similar powered bodied small blocks. Maybe the engine was just getting really tired?

None of the engines had an easy life though
Nic Barnes

26th Feb 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely if you are racing, then you are racing. Driver skill wah wah. Whatever wins, wins. Thats all there is to it. Track day or not. regardless of car. Or is that not the point of racing? Should i take any victories i have from the past and evaluate the driver skill, think about the fact im only driving a shit corsa and say i lost every race? When a lambo tried to race me a while back and i smashed its pastie right in, do i have to think that maybe the old man driving it just wasnt as skilled as i am just because i won? I dunno. I think i mashed a super car to pieces driving a corsa. Therefore i win.
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
surely if you are racing, then you are racing. Driver skill wah wah. Whatever wins, wins. Thats all there is to it. Track day or not. regardless of car. Or is that not the point of racing? Should i take any victories i have from the past and evaluate the driver skill, think about the fact im only driving a shit corsa and say i lost every race? When a lambo tried to race me a while back and i smashed its pastie right in, do i have to think that maybe the old man driving it just wasnt as skilled as i am just because i won? I dunno. I think i mashed a super car to pieces driving a corsa. Therefore i win.

Hoorah! Put perfectly there pal, you get a +1 from me
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track days are not racing nic.

Circuits get huge fines and legal issues if ANY circuit timing is done on a normal track day.

Just fyi if you wasn't sure.
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Circuits get huge fines and legal issues if ANY circuit timing is done on a normal track day.

You aint telling me people dont do it though
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhh thats not the official line though

Everyone plays on trackdays though. Bikes or cars.
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
ahhhh thats not the official line though

Everyone plays on trackdays though. Bikes or cars.

True. We've all done it even though its a no-no

Just wonder how many people do it at the ring?
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rings classed as a public toll road though i think. Its not timed, until official timing days.

Im still debating whether to bike round that yet. Don't want some wippet ina Mk2 golf going round the outside of me 2" from my footpegs
Nic Barnes

26th Feb 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

i had assumed so but nice to know for sure.

<<  7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa xe drivers.... just interested to see what cars you have raced or had fun with? 22 database queries in 0.0184560 seconds