corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Version II
bally2010
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Mar 11 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be good when finished a lot of work gone into this

[Edited on 04-03-2011 by bally2010]
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heater matrix out

Sump cleaned up and new gasket fitted

Mike
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exhaust manifold fitted

AlexW

5th Mar 11 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Progress is good

Mike, Sorry to be an arse but any chance you could snap a pic of your aux belt, wheres the tensioner bolted to?
Got the same mount to go on mine but cant see where the tensioner should bolt to.
Mike
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AlexW

5th Mar 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Frigging love you.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian mike or ste. can you get some pics of some pot holes down near the start of the road please

got 2 buckled wheels!
Mike
Premium Member

5th Mar 11 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice productive day again, since my last post we cleaned the soundproofing off the top of the transmission tunnel, did a little bit more on the loom not completely successful on my part then we fitted the front shocks, polybushed lower arms and front brakes.

Mark after careful inspection on the way out tonight there are no potholes at the start of the lane, the potholes only start outside the first house and there's an obvious line where the surface changes which I imagine is the point at which it goes from council owned to private.

And before I finish, a question. SAI blanking plate, is it something you can buy or do you just have to make one?

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by Mike B]
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Mar 11 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'll butcher the old SAI where it meets the manifold and seal it up.
Mike
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 00:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got one, Tom had already took it off, unless you've got one
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Mar 11 at 01:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like we're making something.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work lads, lots done!

Mike, what did you do wrong with the loom

And as for SAI - I made up a blanking plate, but gave it to Phillips with the Janspeed manifold I sold him. It may be worth one of you dropping him a text before this mornings NWNW meet, in case he didn't use it? And if he has, just pop the bonnet and have off with it when he's not looking

Here's the plate I made to fit anyway - bolts onto the SAI mounting hole itself, and then notched to be held in by the manifold bolt.

Note that I also had to notch it to clear the weld on the pipe from cylinder 2, but you may not have to do the same with a standard manifold.

corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 4-1 has it built in already.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, the Janspeed 4-2-1 is the only aftermarket manifold that allows the SAI to still be connected if you want.
Mike
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was supposed to be cutting a wire on the back of the ABS fuse but somehow cut the wire next to it instead which when I started to trace back, went to the little immobiliser box around the ignition barrel

Nice one for that pic Tom, I'm sure we'll be able to find something lying about that with a bit of cutting and drilling, will do the job.

Might have a quick try at firing it up later once we've got some oil in, see i that wire's as major as it looks
AlexW

6th Mar 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What colour was the wire?
Mike
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Might have a quick try at firing it up later once we've got some oil in, see i that wire's as major as it looks

But it has no coolant in it at all Mike - that won't do the waterpump much good at the very least

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by tom_simes]
Mike
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It also has no exhaust I was just thinking for a few seconds see if it runs, then if it does that wire doesn't need repairing, doubtful though
RCoughtrie

6th Mar 11 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome coming on so well
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike, sorry to add to your list, but just thought something - cambelt change is due in about 2k miles, so obviously it's up to you if you do it before Combe or not. Waterpump was changed with the belt last time, but I don't think the pulleys were, so they've done almost 80k I think.
AlexW

6th Mar 11 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will start for 5secs before dying without the black running to the transponder.

tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

6th Mar 11 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike, I've been looking about today to sort your drive belt issue, now you've ditched the power steering.

Autodata unfortunately only shows a X14XE fitted with PS, and not one without, so I haven't been able to find a diagram for it. I think I've found the right belt you need though, although you'll probably get it cheaper on trade at Halfords.

link to belt
I'd also suggest getting the belt fairly soon so you can try it, as my research today has been inconclusive as to whether you need a mount from the non-PS model, and also whether the pulleys need to be changed on the crank and the alternator. I hope not though!
AlexW

6th Mar 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't know you was looking into that! You need a lower alternator mount from a Sri 16v corsa, (I admit, Not easy to find), And then just a belt to suit that, That or fab up a top mount and make it slide adjustable like 8v's.

Be like this;

Mount wise, Would need a mount from the same engine etc ideally (SRI 16v), Although nothing is stopping you from just removing the pump/tensioner from the mount and keep using the same alloy bit.

Edit: If the tensioner wasn't noisy and you want to sell it U2U me

[Edited on 06-03-2011 by AW06]
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Mar 11 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking the alternator could be used to tension.

Does the belt need to pinch in - ie. wrap around the pulleys further than 180 degrees?

If so then X14XE non-PAS lower alternator bracket will be rare (although I did strip one, not sure what happened to that part)

Tensioner will be for sale but we need a non-PAS front mount first. The loose one is off my GSi and is already sold with the complete PAS kit.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Version II 23 database queries in 0.0191441 seconds