corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another 4 page+ Thread please

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another 4 page+ Thread please
jr

User status: Offline
20th Jun 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like bolting new things to shiney things
mwg

20th Jun 11 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like cleaning all of my car apart from the arches
3CorsaMeal

20th Jun 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am the same really, if i take something off, i sometimes find it hard to put it back on without cleaning it up and painting it.

3CorsaMeal

20th Jun 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not yet posted pics of my new polished brackets i got last week, am saving those points for another day
AK

20th Jun 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by willay
Whichever works at the time is always a favorite, when the astra distraction came about I've been swung regarding powdercoated beams and all the other shit. Most of it is a waste of time up to a point.

lies

100%

All this powedercoating shit is for folk with wannabe 'track cars' but they are actually show trackcars.....or folk with too much time and money on their hands!

Matty SRi

20th Jun 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just get some leather recaros from a cossie?
jr

20th Jun 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Whichever works at the time is always a favorite, when the astra distraction came about I've been swung regarding powdercoated beams and all the other shit. Most of it is a waste of time up to a point.

lies

100%

All this powedercoating shit is for folk with wannabe 'track cars' but they are actually show trackcars.....or folk with too much time and money on their hands!

i disagree, simply as i like to be able to monitor everything, i allways find leaks, issues are easier to locate and actully find if you working on a clean car

when ive built stuff before its allways with a perfectly clean canvus in terms of running gear etc

also i hate buying new things and bolting them to old rusty bits, a trip to a local zinc/powder coater and for less than a tin of hammerite i have something that looks brand new, enabling the above
Butler

20th Jun 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

lies

100%

i disagree, simply as i like to be able to monitor everything, i allways find leaks, issues are easier to locate and actully find if you working on a clean car

when ive built stuff before its allways with a perfectly clean canvus in terms of running gear etc

also i hate buying new things and bolting them to old rusty bits, a trip to a local zinc/powder coater and for less than a tin of hammerite i have something that looks brand new, enabling the above

I have to agree with Willay. Unless youre building a car from the ground up, I dont think James' arguement justifies it. You can still find leaks amongst dirt/surface rust, and the dirt comes from usage anyway. You set yourself up with a clean underside and youre forever cleaning it to be able to justify having initially spent the money. Unless its a race car, theres little point in my opinion.
jr

20th Jun 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im talking in terms of track/race cars btw
Butler

20th Jun 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno, my arguement isnt set in stone. I just think if you buy a track car, usage should be main priority.
jr

20th Jun 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally on my new build i litrally removed every single part, i dont intend on driving the car spiritedly without knowing its all 100%

also as it will go to germany and i didnt want to have to replace bits out there i also replaced all bearings, cvs, tie rods blah blah etc etc

whilst i had everything off it was 2nd nature to powdercoat all the subframe and rear beam etc cheaper then painting for me, and nice to build up all new bits onto a clean "new" rear beam etc

[Edited on 20-06-2011 by jr]
Butler

20th Jun 11 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your new build??
mwg

20th Jun 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I get in there with before him
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jun 11 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my my whats going on here then
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jun 11 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone care to go in my project thread and see the latest updates?
3CorsaMeal

20th Jun 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
my my whats going on here then

you triggered the internet and it went off again.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Jun 11 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FRP would be too nice to track on a regular basis.

Civic/M3/whatever would need more money to be as capable.

I would think twice about going for harnesses in a road car because I'm lazy and can never be fussed putting them on. But if you're fine with a start-up procedure every time you want to go to the shops then no worries.

Can't you share with the girl if you need back seats?
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jun 11 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
FRP would be too nice to track on a regular basis.

Civic/M3/whatever would need more money to be as capable.

I would think twice about going for harnesses in a road car because I'm lazy and can never be fussed putting them on. But if you're fine with a start-up procedure every time you want to go to the shops then no worries.

Can't you share with the girl if you need back seats?

yeah the idea has gone off now, i think i will be considering either a retrim of mine or some FRP sparco seats, both work out about similar price in the end
pow
Premium Member

20th Jun 11 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woopwoop.gif
3CorsaMeal

20th Jun 11 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cg lock?

Easy to sell if you don't like
AK

20th Jun 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

personally on my new build i litrally removed every single part, i dont intend on driving the car spiritedly without knowing its all 100%

also as it will go to germany and i didnt want to have to replace bits out there i also replaced all bearings, cvs, tie rods blah blah etc etc

whilst i had everything off it was 2nd nature to powdercoat all the subframe and rear beam etc cheaper then painting for me, and nice to build up all new bits onto a clean "new" rear beam etc

[Edited on 20-06-2011 by jr]

along the same lines of Butler....

Without employing people where would you find the time to clean every part, power coat, clean again, fit, clean again etc etc

Simply using the car and keeping it in working order takes up a shit load of time.

I only work about 100days a year and I cant find enough time in the day to do everything I want.... and I certainly dont have a clean/powdercoat fetish

I think what I'm trying to say is - in a world with unlimted time, or a person with unlimited funds being a clean/powdercoat freeek is ok.

For a normal person like myself i place priority on extracting fun from the car not putting more and more hours into it to make its subrames shiney.
AK

20th Jun 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are caveats though

If you have a part stripped to replace something broken - of course you'll clean it up. Thats just common sense.

Its the going looking for bits to bling up im miffed at
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Jun 11 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame you only mentioned a re-trim now Steve, I burnt four seats in that trim, would have probably donated a fair amount of suitable fabric.
3CorsaMeal

20th Jun 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve if you fit a Ford transit front bench so me you and ollie can all do a lap of the ring sitting in the front of a Ford puma then I will come for sure
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jun 11 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Shame you only mentioned a re-trim now Steve, I burnt four seats in that trim, would have probably donated a fair amount of suitable fabric.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another 4 page+ Thread please 22 database queries in 0.0138268 seconds