corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gran Turismo 5 Race Sunday 24th July - RM'd NSX at Suzuka

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gran Turismo 5 Race Sunday 24th July - RM'd NSX at Suzuka
webbo_23

User status: Offline
24th Jul 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry about the connection guys....idnt think it was tht bad
chris_uk
Premium Member

24th Jul 11 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my wheel uncalibrated itself after i hit a wall.. its never done that before, either way i couldnt carry on, i did try tho.
Ant B

24th Jul 11 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4wd next yeah
Jamie-C

25th Jul 11 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Dave,

chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 07:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 8v handled, it just didnt have the power of the corsas lol.
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what car is next? another rm car?

might pass if it is, id rather race more standard types with minor mods, like a 370z with a limited pp rating, maybe the lotus evora aswell?

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by chris_uk]
Jamie-C

25th Jul 11 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the next race should be either a FWD or 4WD race to give the drivers who aren't as good in a RWD a chance of a good race. Ant for example, I know he struggles in a RWD as do a lot of others

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by Jamie-C]
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then.. how about

corsa c / tigra race (multi class racing) PP400, Free tyres etc..

should be fun
Jamie-C

25th Jul 11 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm game for anything
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. i need to get back into it really, i will only get sundays to practise so should be interesting.

Jamie-C

25th Jul 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't take you long to get back up to speed. Although I think I've upped my game quite a bit from when I used to race you , your lap times used to baffle me
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been driving on iracing lots and you have to be sooo smooth when driving, on gt5 i was flat out round that last fast corner at 150+ by the end of practise which just felt wrong, i just started taking the car and ragging it about.. one thing that i did learn, well not learn but realise what it feels like by actually taking my car on track was letting the car run wide where it wanted to and not force it to pull back in, for example after the left rights at suzuka where you was parked up most of the time i was full throttle round there where you and ffs was lifting a little just to stop you running wide (i was watching lol).. i think part of the reason why before i was better is we were on crapper tyres which required a different style of driving, on racing softs you litterally just throw your car into the corners and it sticks, my mind doesnt work doing that and driving sports softs feels to me more.......right.

p.s my first sector was .2xx faster than yours and i just couldnt get the hairpin right and i think i lost time on the last straight because you seemed to gain time through the last section of corners, i was pushing hard so it must be either you having a better set or being smoother and i believe i was the latter.

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by chris_uk]
Ant B

25th Jul 11 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to find some good settings to make my corsa handel if were raceing them
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we can sort that out no problem.
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
ok then.. how about

corsa c / tigra race (multi class racing) PP400, Free tyres etc..

should be fun
I'm definitely up for this In fact I was going to suggest it in this thread

Nice pic of me winning there btw Jamie I always seem to have this problem with my L2 button when you're behind me, it keeps pressing itself and I don't know why

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the pp was a guess, im not sure if you could infact get it that high, whats yours at dave?
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's somewhere between 440 and 480 but I'll have to check.

I've only set it up on sports soft though so don't know what it'll be like on the racing tyres. Tbh with the setup I have it has loads of grip with the sports tyres anyway.

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Matty SRi

25th Jul 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would of been in aswell but the race started when i wasnt on the track
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats your psn matty?
Matty SRi

25th Jul 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Butler23 or Butler-23 cant remember which lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i thought that you was james butler. lol
SportBoy

25th Jul 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was suprised how long i held jamie off for after the pitstop.. put in my best laps at that moment ... then the inevitable suzuka gravel traps got me . have any of you compared your times to using a wheel to not using one? just wondering if i would be much quicker with one
Jamie-C

25th Jul 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my wheel last year and I definitely seen an improvement, I can't remember exactly what the difference is but its worth it, not only for faster lap times but its 100x more fun, more car control, you'll visit gravel traps less once you get used to it and less spins too , its one of the best things I've purchased tbh, get one

Everyone on GTP says the wheel is quicker too, if you get one you'll probably be disappointed at the start but once you get used to it you'll think why didn't you get one sooner

@Chris, I think you have a sticky brake pedal, when I was behind you yesterday when we were practicing your brake lights were flickering on and off, mine was doing this when we were doing the MX5 races and it was costing me about a second per lap, you can't really feel it while your driving but it hinders your lap alot!

I had to strip my pedals down and clean every out, think it must've been dirt from shoes getting down there and making it stick slightly or something. There's a guide on YouTube on how to take them apart

[Edited on 25-07-2011 by Jamie-C]
chris_uk
Premium Member

25th Jul 11 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only drive in socks. i will have a look at that tho.
Jamie-C

25th Jul 11 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try driving looking at the rear of your car, you'll see what I mean.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll