corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RIP Steve Jobs

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RIP Steve Jobs
Russ

User status: Offline
6th Oct 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
So 85m more in an extra 20 years covering a massive array of products from phones to cassette players. vs. The iPod.

I'll ask again, Russ. Where are you going with this?
You seem to imply that the iPod is a nothing product that hasn't done anything to the music industry.
3CorsaMeal

6th Oct 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the hungry caterpillar came up with that logo years ago
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
OMFG. Do not tell me there is a candle app there

quote:
People left iPads and iPhones displaying candle graphics at an Apple store in the Ginza shopping district

chrisritch

6th Oct 11 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely if Apple hadn't made the iPod then another company would have bought out a device which would have become the 'must have' gadget
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When did I once say that there would be as many songs sold legally? You're taking a long way round the actual point, which was saying the iPod revolutionised the mobile music industry. It did not. It improved it monumental amounts, but not the revolution of it
chrisritch

6th Oct 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
OMFG. Do not tell me there is a candle app there

quote:
People left iPads and iPhones displaying candle graphics at an Apple store in the Ginza shopping district

So Steve Jobs robs them of £400+ for an iPad/iPhone and when he dies they just leave them there?
Dom

6th Oct 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So 85m more in an extra 20 years covering a massive array of products from phones to cassette players. vs. The iPod.

You knew Walkman covered a wide range of products and still thought my comment was a "bold claim". Give up Russ

[Edited on 06-10-2011 by Dom]
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

I'll ask again, Russ. Where are you going with this?
You seem to imply that the iPod is a nothing product that hasn't done anything to the music industry.

I'm not. Just correcting the people who are wrong.
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
surely if Apple hadn't made the iPod then another company would have bought out a device which would have become the 'must have' gadget
You can't say that.. Or you could say the same for all of, Edisons inventions, for example.
chrisritch

6th Oct 11 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
You can't say that.. Or you could say the same for all of, Edisons inventions, for example.

fair point.
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
When did I once say that there would be as many songs sold legally? You're taking a long way round the actual point, which was saying the iPod revolutionised the mobile music industry. It did not. It improved it monumental amounts, but not the revolution of it
Let's agree to disagree.
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Let's agree to disagree.

There is no disagreement, mate You're wrong. Pure and simple. You just don't want to accept it. It may have sold the most, but then surely that means that the Toyota Corolla revolutionised the car market as it's the highest selling car of all time?
sc0ott

6th Oct 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I <3 isohunt
Russ

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

You knew Walkman covered a wide range of products and still thought my comment was a "bold claim". Give up Russ

[Edited on 06-10-2011 by Dom]
Ok I did. And 385m is impressive. In fact it's a stupidly high number. Which if anything just shows how impressive iPod sales are.
Cavey

I hate apple, but have to agree, the iPod, and furthermore iTunes revolutionised the way we listen to, and purchase music.

There were mp3 players before the iPod, as apple steal other ideas and make them shiny, but still it bought them to the masses

I say we, obviously people who get music legally.
Dom

6th Oct 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Are you saying without the iPod and iTunes as many songs would've been legally sold in the last 10 years.

Two different products and IIRC iTunes was release before the iPod. I will agree that iTunes was the biggest player in-terms of selling music legally; it certainly changed how we purchased music.
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Let's agree to disagree.

There is no disagreement, mate You're wrong. Pure and simple. You just don't want to accept it. It may have sold the most, but then surely that means that the Toyota Corolla revolutionised the car market as it's the highest selling car of all time?
No it's not

The corolla hasn't changed the way petrol is sold and doesn't control 70% of the petrol (well all fuels) Market.

[Edited on 06-10-2011 by Russ]
3CorsaMeal

6th Oct 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say a light bulb changed the world, so did electricity, and helicopters.

All these modern gadgets are actually a bit crap, phones are good devices, so are cameras, but most the crappy games, gimmicky apps, etc are boring after a few weeks, my phone just sits there most of the time.

Its just taking things that already exist, and doing the same job, only smaller and not as fast. Got a TV for watching tv, xbox for playing games, books I can read, PC which has the full internet, do I really need a pretend zippo or a virtual pint of beer? No.

Gimmicks imo and its hindering society.
MarkSport

6th Oct 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The recession has caused a lot of cutbacks recently... even Apple have lost Jobs
Jambo

3CorsaMeal

People are too caught up poking each other and liking stuff
Eck
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Let's agree to disagree.

No it's not

The corolla hasn't changed the way petrol is sold and doesn't control 70% of the petrol (well all fuels) Market.

So we're going by market share now So you lot with Mac's are wrong because PC owns a vast majority of the market? Seriously, give it up now. It did not revolutionise portable music. It improved the idea.
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Are you saying without the iPod and iTunes as many songs would've been legally sold in the last 10 years.

Two different products and IIRC iTunes was release before the iPod. I will agree that iTunes was the biggest player in-terms of selling music legally; it certainly changed how we purchased music.
IPod was 2 years before iTunes (2003)
Dom

6th Oct 11 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Let's agree to disagree.

No it's not

iTunes changed the way music was sold, iPods didn't......
Russ

6th Oct 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Let's agree to disagree.

No it's not

So we're going by market share now So you lot with Mac's are wrong because PC owns a vast majority of the market? Seriously, give it up now. It did not revolutionise portable music. It improved the idea.
ok so if dominating hardware and music sales doesn't count as revolutionising a product. What does.?

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » RIP Steve Jobs 22 database queries in 0.0143840 seconds