corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Cavey

User status: Offline
18th Mar 12 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky for Maldonado, and Perez he had a great race. Crazy final lap bottom at the end of the points!

Watched it 15 mins delayed so just seen it
fred7

18th Mar 12 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was awesome first race. Well done to de rista nickin the last point. Button was going to win from the start come on!!!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 08:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent watch.

Button was superb. Unlucky Hamilton. Gutted about Schumacher. I think he would have been on the podium today.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
XSIHardy

18th Mar 12 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton looks pissed off ! Ha ha
fred7

18th Mar 12 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really think its going to b different next week to do with ferrai and red bull when shumi and grojean are fully racing if they stayed in the race wud of b alot harder
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't really fault Button, never put himself in danger of DRS and didn't really put a foot wrong. I really cannot stand his Dad though, so for that reason I'm dissapointed that he won.

Hamilton seems well pissed off, but I don't think his race was too bad. He seemed much calmer at the wheel, very few lockups and moments so he wasn't pushing in desperate dan mode - just kept it cool for the points. Unlucky to lose the 1-2, but even if both McLarens had retired, it's still clear that they've got the pace advantage at least for the fly-aways.

Both RB's and Alonso surpised me, they seemed to outperform the pace of the cars whereas Mercedes were a massive let down.

Gutted for Romain in the Lotus, and I really can't stand Maldonado - cackled a bit when he stuck it in the wall on the last lap Kimi did alright, some good wheel to wheel and he kept out of trouble on the most part... Look forward to seeing him start a bit further up the grid.

Massa needs sacking mid season imo, he'll never help to develop that car he's just too slow.

Biggest dissapointment of the day was Crofty... he was a fucking joke, very Legard-ish and shouty/inaccurate when calling moves. He also seems rusty on the rules in a few areas, he made a comment yesterday about teams with less FP mileage having an advantage in qualification due to tyres :? I much preferred Brundle as lead last year.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

marussia had fastest pitstop wtf
Marc

18th Mar 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBc and Sky Sports websites ruining the result for me
Ben D

18th Mar 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm quite surprised that vettel & webber had the pace to sandwich Hamilton in the end, I'm even more surprised Hamilton wasn't able to have a proper go at Vettel once he was behind him considering the difference in pace during qualifying.
Ben G

18th Mar 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems to be the same old case of the turbulent air messing up overtakes to me.

and the drs points were far too short, especially for people trying to overtake the mercedes' with their huge top speeds.

in clear air the mclarens were fantastic, but when they're bunched up behind other cars, they don't seem to like it.
noshua

18th Mar 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking race, shame that Lewis is sucha moody bastard. Gutted for Grosjean and Maldonado, both looked very good IMO.
Dom

18th Mar 12 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant drive by Button, it looked almost flawless
RBR recovered extremely well, although i think Vettel's claim that he could have got past hadn't the safety car came out is complete BS. Hamilton seemed to have been a reasonable job at keeping him behind.

And the Sky F1 Team is fecking shocking, it comes across as a bit amateurish and doesn't really 'gel'. And as mentioned, Crofty is another Legard in the making
noshua

18th Mar 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
marussia had fastest pitstop wtf

Where did you see that? I thought it was a bit strange so did a quick Google and...

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/03/18/2012-australian-grand-prix-tyre-strategies-pit-stops/
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was on the prediction site I picked red bull actual was Marussia did find it odd also
Rob E

18th Mar 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was a great first race and it was brilliant to see McLaren come out on top. David Croft is such an annoying commentator though, he gets far too excited at the smallest piece of action, I was getting tired of his enthusiasm, it was far too much. Bring back Murray and Martin
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
And the Sky F1 Team is fecking shocking, it comes across as a bit amateurish and doesn't really 'gel'.
I thought the same thing, the BBC team all worked really well together last year buy the sky team almost seems like a bunch of people who barely know each other's names.

Good old Button Was hoping he'd get the win after being up front as he's a better racer than Hamilton imo. Bit gutted for Maldonado, he was in for good points until pushing too hard on the last lap. Sauber guys did great, Ferrari were summed up by this -

Hopefully McLaren can keep this up over the season

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Dom

19th Mar 12 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
David Croft is such an annoying commentator though, he gets far too excited at the smallest piece of action, I was getting tired of his enthusiasm, it was far too much. Bring back Murray and Martin

I can't remember him being that bad on R5 though, certainly no where near what he's doing now.

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
I thought the same thing, the BBC team all worked really well together last year buy the sky team almost seems like a bunch of people who barely know each other's names.

Yup, it's all a bit disjointed and no ones seems to know what's really going on.

Also confused why they have Davidson locked up in a box touching up a screen for a few minutes a race yet they have Hill, don't get me wrong is a great personality to have, as the come-to-guy but lacks any (modern) technical knowledge of the cars.
Scotty_B

19th Mar 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great race. Thought Ben Edwards and DC done a great job. Will miss Ben on the BTCC though.
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched a bit of the BBC footage last night, it's so much better than the Sky show. On Sky it's like watching football, BBC have really made it unique imo.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
p

20th Mar 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could tell Lewis was PISSED after the race. Understandable, his start was pretty poor, and cost him the race. Fair play to Vettel as well, the guy who 'can't race' apparently.
Ryan

21st Mar 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of the JB haters have been very quiet this week

Or have you finally accepted that Button is the best of the British?
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Mar 12 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm no Button hater, but I'm far from his biggest fan - find him a bit dull on the track and a bit cringeworthy off it

Still, it looks like JB is getting the measure of LH psychologically even though I still think Lewis is the better driver.

Lewis is turning into the Ronnie O'Sullivan of F1 - hopefully he can sort his head out and stop sulking, take the pressure off of himself and start blasting in the results again

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rick Draper

21st Mar 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to see Williams going well. Hopefully it will be the beginning of a resurgence from them. Great team that have been somewhat in the wilderness in recent years.
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Mar 12 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These guys have a pretty interesting theory of why Hamilton looked so annoyed after the race: http://thef1times.com/news/display/05610

Button is the man tbh, seems like a quality guy off the track and is a good driver on it

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Ben G

22nd Mar 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

button is a fantastic driver, but dull and boring to watch.

occasionally he comes up with some impressive overtakes, but nothing like lewis.

fair enough lewis may crash more, but thats what makes great tv. i'd get bored if it was a non contact sport.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0224931 seconds