corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  98    99    100    101    102    103    104  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Oct 11 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fact, the more I play it, the more I think I've wasted money. It's basically BC2 but fucking worse Hardcore mode isn't hardcore anymore as a Rifle round to anything other than the head will get you killed when they turn and start spraying everywhere. If you haven't played BC2 then it'll probably be the best online game you've ever played, but it's probably 4th or 5th for me.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me, sunz, danny im not sure who else
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing with mouse against other people with mouse doesnt make it easier to get a good k/d ratio tho, its only like Playing on a console with pad.. If you had a mouse on a console then yea... Utter ownage.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah...
Matty W

30th Oct 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dice just dont do glitches like they used to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWc3jTtBQ5w
bring back the superman glitch.

ive found im getting quite a few points with stinger missiles, getting missile lock, waiting for flares then firing
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sue people on pc can add peple on xbox on battlelog and vice versa. obviously cant play together though.
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danny see if you can figure out how, ive been looking most oft he day
cunningham

30th Oct 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eck you need the SV sniper on HC its usually always 1 shot kill unless its and arm or a leg
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the SV98 without scope is what im using atm, kinda reminds me of the rifle only cod servers
JonnyJ

30th Oct 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matty you ginger badger, you better have this game by now or i wont be happy, sick of playing on my own, need some headset action
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
eck you need the SV sniper on HC its usually always 1 shot kill unless its and arm or a leg

I've already got the SV98. It doesn't kill them with a hit to the chest. Only the head. That's what I find fucking shocking.
JonnyJ

30th Oct 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate that fucking scope on the SV98, i want my M95 back But i cant be arsed working up to it
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even the wee drone helicopter things takes 3 hits on HC
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
I hate that fucking scope on the SV98, i want my M95 back But i cant be arsed working up to it

I hate the SV full stop The Recon class is utter garbage because if you don't kill them first time, then they are offski. Even if it looks a direct head shot, they keep running I can see why everyone uses the SVD and just sprays.
JonnyJ

30th Oct 11 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engineer all the way for me now I cant live without a launcher or stinger. I fucking love taking out helis and jets
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm normally the Engineer now too! Shotgun and launcher for me! But I'd like to be able to take someone out with a Sniper if I wish
Paul_J

30th Oct 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like that about sniping.

Earlier I was sniping from like 500+ meters away... I was high up on the other end of the map, hiding behind a rock, while looking at another highish sniping spot.

I would be aiming with the cross hairs raised to compensate for the drop, press the left stick - my reticle goes steady, and pop...

I watch my shot perfectly fly through the air and hit the guy MILES away. He just jumps up and runs off confused (like damn where did that come from?).

I had several like that. As soon as you land the perfect shot, they don't die, they just run off. I found playing recon it was more suited to mid range sniping, where you'd fire two or three shots in quick succession to take the guy down.
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what made BC2 so great, Paul. You could hit someone from 400+ metres away with the 50 cal and watch them hit the deck Now, there's no point in even firing from long range unless you are 100% positive that your compensation will land on his head.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're not going to kill someone 500+metres away with one shot, unless it's a head shot.
JonnyJ

30th Oct 11 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sniping on BC2 was far better, deffo. I had that down to a fine art with my beloved M95. I miss it
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait until you unlock better rifles
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
You're not going to kill someone 500+metres away with one shot, unless it's a head shot.

You played BC2 long enough to know that's incorrect. 50 cal's did it every time. Naturally hitting a leg will get fuckall. But in the chest should take them down. Not get up and run away to recover health. But the 500m example is extreme, even 50m doesn't do it.
Eck
Premium Member

30th Oct 11 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just wait until you unlock better rifles

But this opens up a new argument. I don't want to sit here, pissed off, dying more than I should; Just to get a better rifle They should have made the SV98 deadlier in the first place.
Paul_J

30th Oct 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This is what I feel like sniping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uk2qtCGqio
Paul_J

30th Oct 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn I want this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1DmmZr_CxU

his scope is sooo stable, and boom headshot.

<<  98    99    100    101    102    103    104  >>

New Poll