corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  100    101    102    103    104    105    106  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Robbo

User status: Offline
20th Aug 13 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
They have more than a good chance of getting the top 4 as it is IF they keep Bale and he's focused. They can close the gap on the top 3 imo and mover away from 5th.

I think they will do it either with Bale or without, I am impressed with the business they have done.
dont see how they cna afford to do it without selling Bale and without CL football tbh
just seen a mini assessment of their finances on twatter, they are on the brink with existing spending so def cant afford the likes of willian and/or lamela wihtout getting some money in, esp with expected funds to be legally set aside for new stadium commencement etc.
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
BBC Sport's Ben Smith: Liverpool have, I'm told, missed out on Willian. Leandro Damiao not on list of alternatives. Spurs now look set to complete moves for Willian and Erik Lamela. Anyone would think they were about to come into some money.

So what the hell is the deal with Anzhi? Willian's only been there for 5 minutes after a huge move from Donetsk! Another Malaga?
the rich owner apparently set hes had enough of bankrolling them and is happy for 4th and europa league, sacked the manager (utd asst cocah rene meunsjnsjn) and put the entire squad uo for sale
Nath

20th Aug 13 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
BBC Sport's Ben Smith: Liverpool have, I'm told, missed out on Willian. Leandro Damiao not on list of alternatives. Spurs now look set to complete moves for Willian and Erik Lamela. Anyone would think they were about to come into some money.

So what the hell is the deal with Anzhi? Willian's only been there for 5 minutes after a huge move from Donetsk! Another Malaga?

Their owner has 'realigned' the objectives for them. Basically given up trying to buy tophies.
p

20th Aug 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear. So what people thought would happen to Chelsea but didn't
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to say re spurs, if they replace Bale, Dempsey, Adebayor and Parker with Paulinho, Chabli, Capoue, Willian, Lamela AND Soldado, theyve done exceptionally well! Still need to address CB and LB for me, if they get Coentrao and an extra CB, theyll be contenders never mind CL places!
Nath

20th Aug 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite like Spurs to challenge. Be refreshing, and I like AVB.
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have a fundamental bottling culture at the cloub so not sure theyd ever stay the course but this could be the year they step up.

Amazing to think theyve spent £60m and thus far kept hold of Bale with no CL, yet Wenegr and his staff are working 24/7 and have yet to find anyone...
p

20th Aug 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

With the squad they're assembling, I really think they can, especially if Bale somehow stays.

Incidentally, saw Sagna outside Harrods yesterday
AlexSXI

20th Aug 13 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is crazy. This isn't the THFC I know.

All to much too soon I fear, so many new players, all got to hit the ground running to keep up with the top 3.

Confused yet excited
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if bale goes it will be difficult as even with 2 new signings, bar lennon youll have an entirely new front 6 which could take time to gel.
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

With the squad they're assembling, I really think they can, especially if Bale somehow stays.

neck brace on? he's fit to fly to tueky along with gibbs (and monreal oddly) who was sporting a huge plaster above his eye and a tasty black eye to boot
p

20th Aug 13 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

neck brace on? he's fit to fly to tueky along with gibbs (and monreal oddly) who was sporting a huge plaster above his eye and a tasty black eye to boot

Oddly he did have something weird around his neck think it was a 'fashion' garment, though.
Whittie

20th Aug 13 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF

http://www.theguardian.com/global/blog/2013/aug/20/transfer-news-latest-cabaye-willian-fellaini-baines

£93m and Coentrao? If thats not bullshit then they must really fucking want Bale.

That it then isn't it... Bale > Madrid, Ronaldo > United.
p

20th Aug 13 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal to try and sign Casillas?
Whittie

20th Aug 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p

£500k Bid in the works already I should imagine
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

Oddly he did have something weird around his neck think it was a 'fashion' garment, though.
perhaps hiding something. who knows, hes in the squad anyway but suspect jenks will start to safeguard him form any turkish roughhousing. STevie geee and jamieeeeeeeeehrrrm carragher will probs have had a word with meirieles and kuyt to rough us up a bit after th suarez affair lol
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
thatd be nice! think ancelotti has been favouring casillas over diego though hasnt he? was talk of him goign iof jose stayed but would be odd now!
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
WTF

http://www.theguardian.com/global/blog/2013/aug/20/transfer-news-latest-cabaye-willian-fellaini-baines

£93m and Coentrao? If thats not bullshit then they must really fucking want Bale.

That it then isn't it... Bale > Madrid, Ronaldo > United.

dont think theyd sell ronaldo even if they get bale...

Illarra Alonso

Ronaldo Ozil Bale

Benzema

Plus with Isco to interchange is a frightening prospect!
Cavey

20th Aug 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by p
thatd be nice! think ancelotti has been favouring casillas over diego though hasnt he? was talk of him goign iof jose stayed but would be odd now!

Costa started at the weekend. But arsenal won't buy him
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh really. interesting. but no, cesar or perhaps begovic i think. not sure why he hasnt followed up on adler either given hamburgs supposed money issues
Hammer

20th Aug 13 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they have a fundamental bottling culture at the cloub so not sure theyd ever stay the course but this could be the year they step up.

Amazing to think theyve spent £60m and thus far kept hold of Bale with no CL, yet Wenegr and his staff are working 24/7 and have yet to find anyone...

It is amazing when you put it like that

Spurs have less money, offer less wages, are a 'lesser' prospect in general and have no Champions League yet have strengthened significantly.

Puts Arsenal's current state into perespective.
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite. What's worse is Wenger has said at least twice in press conferences, show me some players who are available and would strengthen the team and i'll look at them...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2397845/Willian-Erik-Lamela-set-sign-Tottenham.html

Well he's either here for a medical with Spuds or else we've kept things VERY quiet for once.......
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky Italia's Bale to Spuds for £80m + Coentrao also says Adam Ljalijic will sign for Milan and they believe Galliani has agreement with CSKA to sign Honda but it's under wraps. 2 good sgnings for Milan if so
Robbo

20th Aug 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting thought about Pardews comments on shutting the window earlier. They calim they can't do it because of the staggering of league starts, so why dont they just have a one month window in July - then there can be no arguments? No-ones league starts until August (bar the snowy countries). That way, if you lose a player to injury afterwards then tough shit - should ahve a big enough squad to cover it. IMO
Eck
Premium Member

20th Aug 13 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

80m + Coentrao is an outrageous deal if it goes through. Coentrao is exactly what Spurs need.

<<  100    101    102    103    104    105    106  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0658278 seconds