corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted

New Poll
  <<  101    102    103    104    105    106    107  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted
BeArDy

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic has nothing to prove as his car makes the times and he's out there week in week out proving it.
Bens got a lot to prove in my eyes.
Ben vs Nic = Nic wins and I would bet a lot of money on it.
Anyone can buy a fast car but you can not just buy seat time.
I don't think Ben is going to get the times everyone is expecting.
No offence Ben at all the car is mega BUT you need to stop cleaning in and get on the strip.
bigron1988

3rd Jun 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beardy you need to stop commenting on my thread and finish building your car and gregs , as i have said lots of times i dont expect to go out there and run a 10sec, ill be made up this year if i can get into the 11s, i also said a page back as soon as pv is done ill be at york,or shakespear most weekends and im cleaning the car now as ive got a busy week ahead ,and ive not got anything to prove

and to the rest

i would love to go up the strip against nic just to hear the noises but ive said this lots of times i wouldent expect to win

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by bigron1988]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i would love to go up the strip against nic just to hear the noises but ive said this lots of times i wouldent expect to win

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by DansCorsaSXi]

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
bigron1988

3rd Jun 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
Ben u wanta do mine. and let me set a time in your car and try to beet it

i didnt even do mine my mate mark did , think you need to focus on getting a decent time in yours first before offering to jump in mine
BeArDy

3rd Jun 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
bigron1988

3rd Jun 12 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might of been a bit of a shitty reply but getting sick of comment of some people now, ive built the car for me to have fun in not to keep someone over the internet happy
BeArDy

3rd Jun 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate look the reason why everyone is comment as the car has a lot of hype about which is from a massive build thread and everyone is watching you at PVShow.
Which is why I feel you or the car has a lot to prove maybe not to yourself but to everyone who is following your build.
I have my own views on what times you will get, I do not want you to think I am being shittie towards you i was comment to people who are dreamers, I was being the voice of reason.
I will take nothing away for the car it's mega an will only get better over time.
bigron1988

3rd Jun 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok , as i have said over on mig im not expecting to set any great times this weekend , just so everyone knows

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by bigron1988]
Corsa_Sport21

3rd Jun 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see how seat time can be crucial, but i still think it will put in some very impressive times. Its not as if its just been a quick build thats been put together a few days before its 1st outing. Its been a build with ups and downs and from reading this thread, bigron has had quite a lot of times in the car learning how it drives through different stages. The spec list is impressive in all area's and not much, if anything, has been left that will be an issue.

I think the extra seat time will help remove 10ths of seconds, not 1 or 2 seconds like whats being made out.
NathanR

3rd Jun 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love how mean this thing looks dude . Bet its an absolute animal to drive ! Looking forward to seeing it next weekend
Col004

3rd Jun 12 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21

I think the extra seat time will help remove 10ths of seconds, not 1 or 2 seconds like whats being made out.

Your totally wrong there mate.. You can gain a sec or two just simply learning how to launch a car of that power going from a novice to a regular runner. Too much wheelspin etc. Seat time/practice is key for reducing time on the strip in the sec's. Your never going to be tenths off your entire best on your first run. Any big powered fwd car runner will tell you that ie Ste p, specky, nic ect.

You enjoy yourself ben and have a good weekend. Hope the car runs well. Forget times.. Just enjoy it

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by Col004]
andy_mk3

3rd Jun 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks very nice polished up
bigron1988

3rd Jun 12 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers col that's the idea
Mark Prydderch

4th Jun 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look forward to seeing this next weekend!

I'm sure you'll have fun in it..
BeArDy

4th Jun 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
quote:

Your totally wrong there mate.. You can gain a sec or two just simply learning how to launch a car of that power going from a novice to a regular runner. Too much wheelspin etc. Seat time/practice is key for reducing time on the strip in the sec's. Your never going to be tenths off your entire best on your first run. Any big powered fwd car runner will tell you that ie Ste p, specky, nic ect.

You enjoy yourself ben and have a good weekend. Hope the car runs well. Forget times.. Just enjoy it

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by Col004]

100% corrent col
so from what your saying anyone can jump into a drag car and hit within 0.5second of its personal best, people really have no idea......
Wounder why they pay lewis hamilton all that money when anyone could to the same lap in the same car within 0.5 second........
BeArDy

4th Jun 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ben you running saturday night?
you taking any spares and tools so if needed (fingers cross it will not) it can be fixed?
Weather forcast is good aswell
Corsa_Sport21

4th Jun 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not what im saying, no.
BeArDy

4th Jun 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Corsa_Sport21

4th Jun 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, i'll try a different approach.....

What sort of times do you reckon that car could run, and what sort of time do you think he will be running by the end of the day??

[Edited on 04-06-2012 by Corsa_Sport21]
flybikeslee

4th Jun 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

4th Jun 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a little difference between a 1/4 mile straight and a 3 miles racetrack with corners and 23 other cars on it.
FAZ
Premium Member

4th Jun 12 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres strip action sat night? are you camping ben?
bigron1988

4th Jun 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I'm camping and yes will be running Saturday night an yea taking lots of spares and tools just thinking weather to get Greg to bring me a spare gearbox haha
Tommygsi

4th Jun 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking really good! Looking forward to having a look at this at pvs

<<  101    102    103    104    105    106    107  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted 24 database queries in 0.0374999 seconds