corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  101    102    103    104    105    106    107  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
8th Nov 14 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vids?
Ben G

8th Nov 14 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Membranes came and a few clips that I broke/lost. Ordered some butyl Tape to stick them to the door but it hasn't turned up yet so won't be done this weekend

Ben G

20th Nov 14 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i've been staring at a window mechanism for the past few weeks. Decided enough was enough and to sort the doorcard out.

Got some cheap butyl Tape. Very sticky this stuff.

I then used the outline left from the old stuff to get an idea of where to stick the tape.

Put the membrane back on and replaced some broken clips on the doorcard.

And finally, fitted everything back. I finally have a full interior again.

Unsure if it's stopped the leaking. Time will tell on that one
Need to get a dehumidifier in the car at some point to get rid of the damp.

Feel much better now!
taylorboosh

20th Nov 14 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id of sealed up where the water was getting in too
Ben G

20th Nov 14 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mate. Applied 2 lots of tape in certain areas.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Nov 14 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
That told you.. PMSL

Suppose that cunt thinks he's making a valid point by offering you £50, even though your £8k was actually market value and his £50 is just a piss take.

To take your point to its logical conclusion, you should blah blah, no shut up you cunt, its worth £8k and that's before it snows.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Nov 14 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW membranes aren't contributing to the leak, they'll just keep it in the door if that's where it is. It needs to be entering the door somewhere before its anywhere near the membrane. Listen to Davey.
Ben G

20th Nov 14 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The water is meant to come through the door though. I asked about it on that forum as I didn't think it should either, but they're adamant it's normal.

The door top and mirror seal looks to be all one piece and that's the only thing I can see that could possibly cause the leak. The window lines up fine on that side.
taylorboosh

20th Nov 14 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also agree its not supposed to run through the door that way
Steve
Premium Member

20th Nov 14 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
The water is meant to come through the door though. I asked about it on that forum as I didn't think it should either, but they're adamant it's normal.

The door top and mirror seal looks to be all one piece and that's the only thing I can see that could possibly cause the leak. The window lines up fine on that side.

They are just clueless repeating what they have read from other clueless people on the internet
Ben G

20th Nov 14 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is that, yes.

When I ran the hose around the window edge, the water was coming through the area where the glass meets the seal for the wing mirror baseplate.

Maybe that seal needs replacing too?
SXI - Matt

20th Nov 14 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bulbs?!?! You bought a set yet
Ben G

21st Nov 14 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope I plan on taking the bumper and lights off only once and I can only do that when I go from earlies to nights (long weekend) which is next week.

Problem is the headlight level is stuck at it's lowest point on the drivers side, so don't want to put halogen bulbs in and then have to take the front end off again to fix that if the stepper motor in the o/s.headlamp is dead.

I have spares from when I did the clear headlight project, so the cost is free, but it's a lot of work.

Also, removing the bumper too many times causes the side brackets to bow and eventually crack. They're £25 a side and i've already replaced one side twice

[Edited on 21-11-2014 by Ben G]
3CorsaMeal

21st Nov 14 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet its the wingmirror like i said right at the beginning of time.
Ben G

21st Nov 14 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wing mirror? The membrane was loose anyway so needed changing.

I have some gummi pfledge (seal lube) which i'm gonna apply around the weatherstrip to see if that makes any difference.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

21st Nov 14 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That pfledge what this guy used?

http://tinyurl.com/nvgmf78
Ben G

22nd Nov 14 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What, the seal? possibly!
Ben G

22nd Nov 14 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well so far so good, no damp cannabis type smell in the car after heavy rainfall the last 2 days so it appears to have stopped the water entering the interior.

But yeah, would like to know how it got in really. The water will come out through the bottom of the door as there appears to be drain holes.

Also had to chuck another litre of oil in today. It wasn't low, but the oil light kept coming on. When I checked, it was about a third of the way between min and max.

Picked some of this up anyway. Decided to ditch the castrol edge 0w30 in favour of this, which is not only cheaper per litre (it was on offer at £40 for 5 litres) but is also recommended and used by the guy who services my car.

Was gonna go for Petronas Syntium 5000 XS but couldn't find it on eurocarparts, only the AV stuff.

Ben G

13th Dec 14 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got around to buying some halogens to replace the problematic hid's today.

In the end I went for these:

Fitted them and they look absolutely crap compared to the hid's

On the plus side, my auto headlights now function correctly, whereas they wouldn't work everytime with the other bulbs. Must be due to the canbus system or something.

Also, I managed to sort the broken headlight adjustment on the drivers side headlamp. Upon removing it, I noticed the ''innards'' of the headlamp where moving very freely.

Had a look about and noticed a tiny screw holding it all together had come loose, so tightened it up and it's all working perfectly now! Result. Gotta love quick fixes.

Now all I need to fix is the airbag light issue, which i'll need a code reader for. Unfortunately that's well out of my comfort zone so i'll be getting a pro to look at that.

Shocking pics:

[Edited on 13-12-2014 by Ben G]
BeetleGav

13th Dec 14 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get hold of some xenons buddy!
Ben G

13th Dec 14 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much grief to install them mate.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Dec 14 at 06:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oil light shouldn't usually come on for that. Was it the red oil light? It means low pressure rather than level. And seeing as it was over the min shouldn't have been low. Keep your eye on that. Sometimes though it's just a faulty pressure sender
--ToM--

14th Dec 14 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The orange oil level light is also a common one to fail mine does it on my 320d intermittently comes on at random allthough the level is on max, don't have any problems with the pressure one.
--ToM--

14th Dec 14 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a big job to do it's located in the sump (obviously) I just haven't bothered to do it as it only comes on occasionally and goes straight off again I would be more concerned if it was the red oil light and also a big worried about where the oil your losing is going
Ben G

14th Dec 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'a only the yellow oil can that comes on. It's never been red. Probably is a sensor tbh. It's also done 96k so probably burns a bit.

1litre per 1000 miles is considered normal for these apparently, so i'm not concerned.

<<  101    102    103    104    105    106    107  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.1580441 seconds