corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  103    104    105    106    107    108    109  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 15 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When did the airbag issue start? Or is it a long term problem?
Ben G

4th Feb 15 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started in October, one morning after a night shift at work it just came on randomly, before I had touched anything airbag related very odd.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

4th Feb 15 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough.
I'm sure I've heard somewhere that all convertable cars have to have a upper airbag. Either behind the head or in the headrest or something.
Could be a load of shit that though....
nibnob21
Premium Member

8th Feb 15 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBoJlIYF2Z4&feature=youtu.be

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

8th Feb 15 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf not entirely sure how she even fits in
BeetleGav

8th Feb 15 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hahaha fucking hell!! How does she even fit! I'm a lanky fuck and I struggle!
Ben G

9th Feb 15 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah my knees touch the dash and the seat is as far down as it will go
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Feb 15 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus christ the amount the suspension raises after she gets out
MatthewR

11th Feb 15 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That has to be a joke pissing myself here
Ben G

11th Feb 15 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So yeah, went in to discuss upgrading the missus' 1.25 Fiesta Zetec to a Zetec S and ended up ordering a Frozen White Fiesta ST3, as you do

Was going to get an ST2 but he was able to do a deal for the 3, which add's sat nav, cruise control, power fold and auto dimming mirrors, auto lights and wipers and keyless entry and go.

I know what they're capable of and I have about 10 of them regularly race me out of work every day. Remapped/Mountune ones keep up with the Z4.

Should get it end of next month. Should provide many more smiles than the 1.25 currently does!
whitter45

11th Feb 15 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great looking cars I folloewed one last night on the m6 and it looked the business

Had aftermarket wheels and exhaust and it seemed to very well
Ben G

12th Feb 15 at 02:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this one will be staying standard as the missus doesn't want it chavved up, she said

Tempted to get it mountune'd but I think going from 82ps to 215ps would be a step too far in a 1000kg go-kart

I'd get the one myself, but I enjoy RWD far too much at the moment, even if it's not always the quickest way to get around.

Still waiting on Ford sorting out the style pack for the Focus ST facelift and also Mustang employee prices.
Ben G

12th Feb 15 at 02:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and my Z4 is running rough as arseholes. Sensor playing up. Pops like a bastard on a cold start. Only when pulling away, feels like it's gonna stall then is fine after that.
whitter45

12th Feb 15 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Well this one will be staying standard as the missus doesn't want it chavved up, she said

Tempted to get it mountune'd but I think going from 82ps to 215ps would be a step too far in a 1000kg go-kart

I'd get the one myself, but I enjoy RWD far too much at the moment, even if it's not always the quickest way to get around.

Still waiting on Ford sorting out the style pack for the Focus ST facelift and also Mustang employee prices.

for 90% of time i do not miss RWD. Only feel the benefits when really pushing on
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

12th Feb 15 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
keyless entry and go.

Get yourself a good quality steering lock
MatthewR

12th Feb 15 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U keeping the beemer Ben now you have a car you can have some fun at the weekends in? Do you have to travel far for work? Im tempted to do the same as you for my mrs and get myself insured on it too - means i can sell mine and buy a cheap diesel to commute
Ben G

12th Feb 15 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah still keeping the Z4 for now. It owes me nothing and runs fine (apart from the cheap sensor issue) so no point selling it really.

I work 10 miles away and my commute is on an A road, so only takes 10 minutes to get there
SteveoBC
Premium Member

12th Feb 15 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plus even if you do wanna sell it youre best waiting until the spring/summer anyway, drop tops always get a little boost in price when the sun comes out
VegasPhil
Premium Member

12th Feb 15 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the fiesta St. Looking forward to pics of that!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

15th Feb 15 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed the carpet was still wet underneath the passenger seat, so decided enough was enough and took the seat out. Easy job, only 3 bolts, 2 nuts, 1 screw and a connector to remove.

Carpet is completely soaked. The sponge underneath the top layer of carpet is holding loads of water, so may have to take the other seat and centre console out and pull the whole lot out.

For now though, i'll try and dry it with towels and heat and see what happens. I don't need the other seat in anyway.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Feb 15 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got access to a wet vac thingy? Spent a while helping a friend find a leak in his Corsa C and he was able to get loads of the water out through the carpet using a wet henry thing.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 15 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So wasn't the weather seal then?
Ben G

15th Feb 15 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The leak is fixed as it doesn't smell mouldy and damp anymore, but the spongey material is holding a lot of water. Could've been there for ages.
Ben G

15th Feb 15 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Got access to a wet vac thingy? Spent a while helping a friend find a leak in his Corsa C and he was able to get loads of the water out through the carpet using a wet henry thing.

Not that I know of, might buy one though as they're handy to own. Cheers mate
Steve
Premium Member

15th Feb 15 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Water wouldve dried out in days if the leak was fixed. When my 106 got flooded there was 6 inches of water, in the five days it took for the insurance to come and look it had dried out fully, the carpet, the underlining everything. I'd say you still have a leak

<<  103    104    105    106    107    108    109  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 24 database queries in 0.0403609 seconds