corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  105    106    107    108    109    110    111  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
1st Nov 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So much better when you are working with someone than on your own. Team JW9 just smashed it on the two games we had
mwg

1st Nov 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah Getting right in to it now
JonnyJ

1st Nov 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like you to dis-spell the myth that i am a wookie now please. Recon is dead to me, long live Engineer and my launchers
mwg

1st Nov 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For now you are not a wookie.
mwg

1st Nov 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can fly the jets better than the helicopters. Think with a bit more practice I'll be ok in the jets. The helicopters are a lot harder than in BC2.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Nov 11 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sv98 with no scope... Winner for me!
Adam_B

2nd Nov 11 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was that stuff about it being a PC game first and foremost?

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/battlefield-3-lead-platform-switched-to-consoles-mid-development/

“We said originally that the PC was the lead SKU of the game, but in mid-production we switched to console as lead platform to make sure we could get all the versions done for release”

No wonder it was buggy as fuck on release, rush job

[Edited on 02-11-2011 by Adam_B]
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I read that before, it does explain how some of the bugs managed to get in the PC version.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why brett?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Brett is dangerous! Spawned on him and he drove the tank into the Seine, I drowned he jumped out and climb up the bank

Also he ran me over and forced me into some fire lol

Sorry Kurt. That just shows how totally unaware of things I am in the game. I didn't even know you were there

Sorry I just disappeared last night too, went tucking the mrs in and you'd gone when I came back.

I officially quit at this game anyway.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
why brett?

I just don't think it's my kind of game, I'm absolutely bobbins at it. I prefer winning games and getting a positive K/D. I just can't see where people are, I always just get shot whenever I spawn. Last night was atrocious, I think I got 1 kill and 13 deaths I never know where I'm going, what I'm supposed to do or where the enemy is coming from. All it seems to be is pretty much EVERYONE sat in a bush somewhere with a sniper rifle. Last night I literally couldn't walk round a single corner without some sniper that I couldn't see taking me out. I'm used to that being called camping which I hate. Whenever I die it's a massive ball ache getting back to the action because the maps are so big too.

Like I said, I can appreciate the game, it's appearance, the quality of it, but it's just to boring for me. I prefer going vigilante style sprinting round like a boss, not hiding away with 4 team mates sat next to me doing the same thing.

I'll just buy COD next week. Might see how much I get part-ex for BF3 on it.

[Edited on 02-11-2011 by Brett]
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rage quit
3CorsaMeal

2nd Nov 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
why brett?

I just don't think it's my kind of game, I'm absolutely bobbins at it. I prefer winning games and getting a positive K/D. I just can't see where people are, I always just get shot whenever I spawn. Last night was atrocious, I think I got 1 kill and 13 deaths I never know where I'm going, what I'm supposed to do or where the enemy is coming from. All it seems to be is pretty much EVERYONE sat in a bush somewhere with a sniper rifle. Last night I literally couldn't walk round a single corner without some sniper that I couldn't see taking me out. I'm used to that being called camping which I hate. Whenever I die it's a massive ball ache getting back to the action because the maps are so big too.

Like I said, I can appreciate the game, it's appearance, the quality of it, but it's just to boring for me. I prefer going vigilante style sprinting round like a boss, not hiding away with 4 team mates sat next to me doing the same thing.

I'll just buy COD next week. Might see how much I get part-ex for BF3 on it.

[Edited on 02-11-2011 by Brett]

it'll get better with time, always starts off a bit shite while you get all the guns and stuff unlocked and learn the maps.

Just don't run about looking for someone to shoot, take your time working through areas
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Rage quit

Too right
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea your biggest problem is the complete game design change..

you need to start learning the maps, there are loads of different variations on how the maps play out, if you go for A first the enemy is more likley to do this or if you go for C first then the enemy will come from this general direction etc..

with the maps being so large compared to cod, its easy for someone to get around behind you but as soon as you know which direction they start at you can start to getyourself in a position that doesnt leave you open to being butt fucked.

also, i find myself doing this, if your fighting away and get killed i sprint back to where i was and try get back to the same place, but 9 times out of 10 that position isnt held by our team anymore so i get shot by some fucker just walking round a corner.. and it just repeats and repeats.. lol

like i was saying earlier, go slow, walk with your sights up, look at corners of buildings as you go round dont jsut run round and then expect to get your gun up, shoot the and kill them, not a prayer..

a couple of tips that i sort of put into use, on conquest only defend 1 or possibly 2 flags, there is no point spending 1/2 your time running its just no good.

make sure you know the terrain around the flags like the back of your hand, all the pathways, the best places you can cover the flags from and use them to your advantage, if you think they are good.. chances are so will someone else.

just make a mental note of where the enemy deployment base is, sometimes you might be capping A the deployment is behind you, B is in front and they own it.. the only logial step for them to do is take A.. and there will be shit loads more of them than you. best thing to do, stay down pick them off if you can..

one of the biggest PITA's atm is the IRNV scopes, they light you up like a bright orange dayglow man and everything else is dark green.. your very easy to spot and because its so easy to spot you ever fucker uses them.. it needs sorting but for now, stick with a gun you like get the scope and fuck em back.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
I was stood near you humvee for ages, didn't know if you'd crashed it or if you were just dogging

Yeah, I remember jumping into one and parking it along the side then pissing off upstairs lol

Kurt had a rage quit on Metro too acutally
Sunz

2nd Nov 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
get a pc nath !.

Do you mean get it on PC?

Yeah, get it on the pc.

And ins't the 8800gtx getting a bit old now ? Even my cheap 5670 has faster ram and clock speed I believe. 775mhz and ggdr5.

The cost of buying a gpu for the laptop is only worth it if you can match it well, will need a high speed ghz cpu otherwise I would expect it to bottle neck pretty badly but I don't know much about laptop hardware so maybe it's totally different.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the game is more GPU dependant than CPU, my CPU sits at about 55-65degs (the odd time reacing 70degs)

minecraft.. that shitty graphical sandbox game makes my CPU work harder.
Nath

2nd Nov 11 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
get a pc nath !.

Do you mean get it on PC?

Yeah, get it on the pc.

And ins't the 8800gtx getting a bit old now ? Even my cheap 5670 has faster ram and clock speed I believe. 775mhz and ggdr5.

The cost of buying a gpu for the laptop is only worth it if you can match it well, will need a high speed ghz cpu otherwise I would expect it to bottle neck pretty badly but I don't know much about laptop hardware so maybe it's totally different.

Yeah it's an oldie, but was infinitely better than my 5450, so was worth it at the time.
Sunz

2nd Nov 11 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they are and were good cards, a bit greedy on watts but I think it would be on par with my 5670 still in terms of fps.
mwg

2nd Nov 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got myself signed in to battlelog. Can I access my stats in the future through my PS3 or do I have to go to the battlelog website every time
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Atleast DICE are listening to people, they kicked up fuss about not having a 'queue' feature when joining servers, so they added one without many people noticing until later on (myself included) so in that sense Battlelog is good, easy to update without much fuss etc
Sunz

2nd Nov 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Just got myself signed in to battlelog. Can I access my stats in the future through my PS3 or do I have to go to the battlelog website every time

Welcome to bf3 !

Danny mate, dice should have added such things anyway, it's the basics, a queue for a server isn't like it's a new thing.

Is like saying OMG they added an ingame server browser, they are the best !

When is like stage 1 basics for multiplayer games on the pc.

[Edited on 02-11-2011 by Sunz]
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They didnt add it at all.. It was always there just disabled
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Nov 11 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regardless whether it should have been in the game or not, they are adding things now which people are asking for.

<<  105    106    107    108    109    110    111  >>

New Poll