corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  106    107    108    109    110    111    112  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
Ben G

User status: Offline
30th Apr 15 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Belts and led connectors turned up today. Waiting for one more parcel and then I can crack on with it all. Both belts were less than £20 quid so well worth replacing for the cost.

BeetleGav

30th Apr 15 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to replace both my belts also, bmw flagged it up when mine went for the window reg sorting. They wanted £140 all in though to do it. Was tempted just so I could rag a courtesy car about. The 116i they gave me before was a right laugh
Ben G

30th Apr 15 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£140 not a chance i'd pay that! My service guy quoted £60 but it's supposedly very simple to do.
BeetleGav

30th Apr 15 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was quoted the same from my Indy.
Ohh I found the reason for my lack of power.... I was running the original spark plugs.... Whoever did the inspection 2 in previous ownership was a mong and didn't actually do it.
They were still the bmw branded ones and were proper fucked about to fall apart!
Ben G

30th Apr 15 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that's a bit shitty! Mine's been running rough at times, hence the coilpacks. Spark plugs should hopefully get changed at the inspection 2 which needs doing soon. Hope he changes them, unlike your's
BeetleGav

30th Apr 15 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha yeah so it would appear before I got the car it had... Oil service.... Oil service . Then with me an inspection 1 so I took it for an oil service last week and instead had an inspection 2 only cost me £180 tho.
It's proper fucked the pattern in my service book tho
Ben G

1st May 15 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last piece of the puzzle came today. Actually feel sick looking at that, knowing it cost £200

Ben G

1st May 15 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just went out and sorted the badge and number plate lights out.

Old badge was well past it's best, as you can see Also, it was a cheap ebay one which didn't fit in the unique Z4 sized recess correctly, so needed cutting aswell as sticking down.

The new one fits perfectly, being oem and has prongs behind so it can be held on with nuts.

I then set about doing the led number plate lights. They're off a 1 series. I had to remove the wires from the original connector and re-attach them into the LED one. Quite an easy job, just requires patience and a small flathead screwdriver.

Old vs new. The original halogen one's were bent so never sat correctly. I had to use thin foam tape to attach them to the bumper. The new LED ones fit lovely.

As you can see, theres a mark on the rear bumper from some moron driving into my car when I parked up. No details left obviously. Need to get that sorted, along with both front wings and front bumper respray.
--ToM--

1st May 15 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look loads better !
BeetleGav

1st May 15 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where'd you order the numberplate units?
Might have to order me some, my led bulbs still work but but they don't shine symmetrical light and it irritates me ha
Ben G

1st May 15 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got them from bmminiparts, however you can get them on ebay.

You need 2 of these connectors:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111259014688? ... EBIDX%3AIT

And these units:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301318456767? ... EBIDX%3AIT

They look so much better. I had led bulbs in the OEM housing before and they looked more blue than white, as per the pic below:

I'll take a photo of these tonight to compare them.

[Edited on 01-05-2015 by Ben G]

[Edited on 01-05-2015 by Ben G]
BeetleGav

1st May 15 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ace, yeah I'll order after you sort pics in the dark
Ben G

1st May 15 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brighter than I imagined! Pure white, lovely.

God knows why the rear lights are so bright

BeetleGav

1st May 15 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell. Looks like you got your brake lights on!

I'm happy with them, I might order them now, you recon them ones you linked are genuine?
Ben G

1st May 15 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy on the forum bought them for his and he seems happy. Could always go in to a dealer with the part number in the ebay image, should be around the same price.

Those connectors can't be bought from the dealer for some reason. Ebay only. They come next day anyway.
BeetleGav

1st May 15 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sod it I've ordered them. Can't wait! Been a while since I bought something for mine. Other than wheels
Ben G

1st May 15 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate, i'm sure you'll be happy

Tomorrow I need to replace the front bumper brackets, change out the led Sidelights for Philips ones and replace the wheel arch push rivets.

May even give the belts a go if i get time
BeetleGav

1st May 15 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha proper mission for you!
I need to replace one of my brackets I think. It's taken a few hits so it's starting to droop.

You'll have to be my guinea pig with the belts. I might do my own if you manage it easily.
Ben G

2nd May 15 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the CPS sensor fitted today, along with the bumper brackets and fitted the roundel properly as it was loose.

CPS sensor wasn't too hard to fit, just fiddly as there isn't much clearance. Here's a pic for reference. It's underneath the Vanos solenoid so you need to remove that, the black hose next to it and the oil filter to access it.

Old one was obviously well past it's best. The only reason I changed this is because of an error code I got after plugging a reader into the OBD II port. It was causing starting issue's and took a few seconds before it would fire up. Starts as it should now, so that's good.

Next up were the bumper brackets. The old ones were well and truly buggered and this is what was left of them once removed.

Bumper fits the wing fine now. Hope I never have to replace them again.

And finally, an action shot

Next job's are replace the bonnet cable as the current one is broken, replace the sidelights which I forgot to fit today, replace the belts and install the new coil packs.
Ben G

2nd May 15 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and yes I know my engine bay is filthy. I haven't been able to clean it due to the bonnet cable issue.
Ben G

3rd May 15 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As part of this whole engine bits refresh, I decided to take my DISA valve out to have a look at it. These are known for failures on the M54 engine. It's basically an intake flap that opens and closes.

With age, the pin holding the flap in comes loose and can fall into the engine causing all sorts of expensive problems.

I should've done it sooner as it literally took 5 minutes to remove. First i took off the intake hoses by undoing one jubliee clip, then unplugged a sensor. Finally, 2 torx bolts held it on.

All out:

Once removed, I could see the pin had come loose and the flap wouldn't close properly due to the amount of grease and crap in there.

This is how the pin should sit. You can also see some damage to the plastic flap in these pics.

The intake was also pretty grubby.

I've sprayed a load of WD40 onto the DISA valve, but ideally I need a new one or a repair kit which you can get for 50 quid.

Only problem now is i can't drive the car as the bonnet won't go back down and it'd running without any air intake. No problem, got the Fiesta

[Edited on 03-05-2015 by Ben G]
--ToM--

3rd May 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love them wheels
Ben G

3rd May 15 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Tom. Unfortunately they're not in the best condition. The lips are kerbed and they need a new set of tyres.

They do make the car look good though, imo.
--ToM--

3rd May 15 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definately!

Don't change them, refurb them there nice are they LMR?
Ben G

3rd May 15 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, lm-r rep's. I like them, I just wish I could have a wider tyre on them. The 8.5'' wide fronts only allow for a 225/35 and the rear 10's are 255/30.

Drives fine, don't get me wrong, just very firm on the shitty roads we have nowadays.

<<  106    107    108    109    110    111    112  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 23 database queries in 0.0405281 seconds