corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 19th-20th Sept Football Sponsored by Wigan meat and potato pies

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 19th-20th Sept Football Sponsored by Wigan meat and potato pies
Marc

User status: Offline
20th Sep 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl I never saw Fergies little skip earlier
J da Silva

20th Sep 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manchester derby was ace to watch as a nuetral.

Two very underestimated players performed brilliantly today, Fletcher and Bellamy, I've never been sure about Bellamy really until I've come to realise he's just one of them players that needs class around him to aid his game.

Fletcher offers a good allround game, he breaks play up, he is good in the air, pitches in with a few goals in a season, can play a few positions, great player all round IMO.

Ben Foster has always had a few chances to impress me, I keep thinking..."Maybe he'll mature and get rid of the silly errors from his game".
But I've given up on him, I think he's useless.

Very pleased for Owen, I do actually think he will get his England career back, as Capello will know that Owen and Rooney will gain an understanding for club, and continue it on the pitch for country aswell.

[Edited on 20-09-2009 by J da Silva]
Marc

20th Sep 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Very pleased for Owen, I do actually think he will get his England career back, as Capello will know that Owen and Rooney will gain an understanding for club, and continue it on the pitch for country aswell.

Hope so.
Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll get his place in the squad, but their are better players out there who will and should start ahead of him tbh.

I also dont think Rooney will form any sort of partnership with him unless Berb gets injured, as I really cant see him being dropped for Owen to ever play more than he did today.
Marc

20th Sep 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
He'll get his place in the squad, but their are better players out there who will and should start ahead of him tbh.

I also dont think Rooney will form any sort of partnership with him unless Berb gets injured, as I really cant see him being dropped for Owen to ever play more than he did today.

He deserves a squad place, just like Beckham does.

Berbatov's price will be the main reason he won't form a true partnership, shame really as I think they would be a better attacking pair.
J da Silva

20th Sep 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Berbatov is going through a very bad stage of his career, he's not scoring like he would at Spurs, he's very downbeat, you can tell with his body language on the pitch.

Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

He deserves a squad place, just like Beckham does.

Berbatov's price will be the main reason he won't form a true partnership, shame really as I think they would be a better attacking pair.

Owen deserves jack shit, neither does Beckham. All either deserve is the chance to play week in week out and prove they are good enough for a squad position.
Danny P

20th Sep 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
Oh do STFU you idiot. Darren Fletcher the most improved player in the world of football in the last two seasons ?

Did I say he was?

Think you'll find I said that he was one of the best midfielders in the country.
p

20th Sep 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
Oh do STFU you idiot. Darren Fletcher the most improved player in the world of football in the last two seasons ?

Did I say he was?

Think you'll find I said that he was one of the best midfielders in the country.

Redknapp said 'the world' I can think of many more who have improved than him

liamC

21st Sep 09 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic derby game yesterday. As above, brilliant game to watch for the neutral.

So many mistakes on from Man Yoo at one end, so many great saves from Given at the other end keeping them in it.
mwg

21st Sep 09 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was still as sweet watching the highlights on MOTD last night

Something needs to be done on the right of our defence though, just not good enough at the mo.

Guess its going to be up to us and Liverpool to try and end Chelsea's run
liamC

21st Sep 09 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Foster needs to go - the modern day Taibi, and WTF was Ferdinand doing resulting in their 3rd goal? What a twat.
mwg

21st Sep 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would of been all wrapped without the need for Owen to score if Rio hadn't done that, what an idiot.

People keep saying Foster will come good if he keeps playing enough but I dont know whether he will. Cant afford to have him dropping a bollock like that. He should of been able to stop City's 3rd goal too
Ben G

21st Sep 09 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loved both games, awesome for a neutral.

didn't care who won the manc's game, but thought it was good that owen got the winner.

chelsea game was full of dives and cheating, but they won so fair do's.
Ben G

21st Sep 09 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM Curdy

didn't see that looks funny.
mwg

21st Sep 09 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8265810.stm
MJFF88

21st Sep 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anywhere I can watch extended highlights of the manchester derby?

[Edited on 21-09-2009 by MJFF88]
AndyKent

21st Sep 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good on Bellamy I say, if the guy can't control himself he serves a slap tbh.

MOTD made me laugh though adding up the time and saying Owens goal was only 1 second beyond time
Tom

21st Sep 09 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United got very lucky, or something similar... ferguson is a top notch cock end, but glad the city derby is now worth watching even if it means having to watch that tosser skip around like some kind of sotuhern hick doing a jig.

Good to see Torres netting twice on saturday, nice to see our better players getting back to there best and showing a little more desire.

I think the top 4 spots are wide open this season, even though united won they generally look a little more error prone than they have done in recent times and city and tottenham, aston villa et al will take more points off the existing top 4.

In saying that, I think chelsea are going to prove very hard to beat over the rest of the season, yes they should have had to deal with a penalty but they looked worthy of their win to me.
Ojc

21st Sep 09 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chelsea will win the league without a shadow of a doubt.
mwg

21st Sep 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we are the best
Conway563

21st Sep 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8265810.stm

I thought this was interesting when they were talking about it on MOTD last night

quote:

He added: "Brian Clough clipped someone's ear. He was lauded a national hero. Maybe it'll be the same with Craig but I doubt it."

Be interesting to see what kind of punishment Man Utd get after this and the coin throwing yesterday
Ojc

21st Sep 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing will come of it, Fergie will get away with it the fucking shit bag.
Eck
Premium Member

21st Sep 09 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
we are the best

I really can see Chelsea turning over United home and away this season. Under Ancelotti they have a certain something they haven't had since Mourinho left! Every time they move forward they look like scoring. Anelka is looking deadly again, and Drogba is at the top of his form (and one of the best in the world). They will take some beating!
Avey

21st Sep 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the African Nations will fuck Chelsea up! Drogba, Essien, Kalou & Mikel out for a month.

Was at the Utd game yesterday & it was a cracker.
Anderson seems to be getting something more like, game by game & Giggs played a blinder.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 19th-20th Sept Football Sponsored by Wigan meat and potato pies 23 database queries in 0.0141850 seconds