corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Combe threads and WR
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Sep 10 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WR needs a banter section
JonnyJ

13th Sep 10 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
the turnout of Corsas on the stand was, honestly, pathetic compared to others.

And look at how active the forum is though! There is still a turn out at the shows but very few Corsas so there is clearly a problem attracting Corsa owners to a Corsa based forum but surely on the other hand this site would bloom if it was a generic car site mainly because its a fun club to be part of with or without the corsa element!

Thats just quitting though. May as well just close it like Ian said if thats the attitude we are going to take. Its the easy way out.

What we need to do is work harder to attract Corsa owners to this site and come show with us, it might seem ignorant but i dont think there is a better stand to show on.

As Ian said All Corsa and Corsa C had more cars on show by miles compared to us, so there is plenty of cars and owners still out there, we just need to persuade them to show with us not just give up.
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
WR needs a banter section

yes i feel bad posting rubbish on there
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thats just quitting though. May as well just close it like Ian said if thats the attitude we are going to take. Its the easy way out.

Thats ridiculous!

What makes Corsa Sport so great? You can't honestly sit there and say The Corsa's....

Combe this weekend may have been a "Weekend Racer" event but I didnt visit the site once and all of the people there bar a couple were CS members.. I think there were 2 Corsa's? And we had a fantastic time

Surely we need to embrace the idea of the community and its shared interests regardless of what anybody drives?

quote:
As Ian said All Corsa and Corsa C had more cars on show by miles compared to us, so there is plenty of cars and owners still out there, we just need to persuade them to show with us not just give up.

The Corsa B is not a popular car for new drivers where as the Corsa C still is.. The average age of members on Corsa C is a hell of a lot lower than it is here.

Corsa Sport has evolved into a more mature community (yeah I know it sounds stupid) and to be fair I think focusing on the Corsa B would alienate a majority of contributing members.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by DaveyLC]
Ojc

13th Sep 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Davey speaks sense
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Move with the times I think, just my opinion but I agree with Davey also.
Paul_J

13th Sep 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
If you remove any of the threads that are posted on here, what is the point, it was more than just trackday users that want to read track threads. I have never been on track and i prob wont for a couple of years, but i do like to read the trackday threads and stuff. I wouldnt be going on WR to read them.

Exactly...

I do agree with Davey though, this could be an awesome platform to launch something far bigger than 2 small niche sites...
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh it would have to be car site like pistonheads, but there is only a handful of decent, what i would call enthusiast cars on here, and the majority of people have a basically modified corsa or a fairly new tdi/small petrol family car of sorts.

[Edited on 13-09-2010 by 3CorsaMeal]
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has the potential to be huge, with a wide variety of cars you could pick and chose what shows to go to and see if you get enough cars to do it.
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is no one likes bodykits anymore and say they prefer performance, but no one really modifys the performance of their corsa to anything amazing (there's the odd few maybe), otherwise its just a redtop engine, suspension, wheels and exhaust.

gone are the days of showing off your unique bodymods and paint jobs, lets all look at factory wheels, factory engines and some stickers
JonnyJ

13th Sep 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Thats ridiculous!

What makes Corsa Sport so great? You can't honestly sit there and say The Corsa's....

Combe this weekend may have been a "Weekend Racer" event but I didnt visit the site once and all of the people there bar a couple were CS members.. I think there were 2 Corsa's? And we had a fantastic time

Surely we need to embrace the idea of the community and its shared interests regardless of what anybody drives?

quote:

The Corsa B is not a popular car for new drivers where as the Corsa C still is.. The average age of members on Corsa C is a hell of a lot lower than it is here.

Corsa Sport has evolved into a more mature community (yeah I know it sounds stupid) and to be fair I think focusing on the Corsa B would alienate a majority of contributing members.

Why are we generalising CorsaSport to be just about B's again? Look, i can see what you are saying i really can but it just seems like a hostile takeover and a slap to the face of people like me who have contributed to the site since i got here, show at the shows and still have a big interest in Corsas (B, C and D's)

People saying that we should move with the times but there are plenty of modified corsas out there still, as shown by other stands, if all the other Corsa Marque stands were empty too then i would agree with you about changing it but they weren't.

From my point of view i had an awesome time at PVS this year, as i had done in 07 and 08 but Trax was a little disappointing, i like to have a chat with other owners about their cars, future plans, stuff they have done etc but there really wasnt many owners about to do that with at Trax.

In all honesty i dont think there is that much wrong, maybe Trax was a one off, we won stand of the show at PVS so we must be doing something right?!
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
gone are the days of showing off your unique bodymods and paint jobs, lets all look at factory wheels, factory engines and some stickers

These are enthusiasts as opposed to attention seekers with their first credit-card and mums old Corsa/Fiesta/Saxo/106.
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

enthusiasts of the Corsa?
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Why are we generalising CorsaSport to be just about B's again? Look, i can see what you are saying i really can but it just seems like a hostile takeover and a slap to the face of people like me who have contributed to the site since i got here, show at the shows and still have a big interest in Corsas (B, C and D's)

No hostile take over just a reality check.. I've seen many clubs die over the last 5 years because they didnt move with the times. The 'scene' has changed dramatically, I remember the days of Mynheer bodykits and venom wheels.. Its not like that anymore people appreciate engineering and subtlety but there is only so much you can do with a single Marque club.

There is also not as much money around so it becomes more about the community rather than just the cars.

Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo agree ian needs to be a bit more flexible and modernise his thinking
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Sep 10 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Combe is a WR event hence why I want it discussed on there. The major thing no one has noticed is that its difficult to attract new members to either club when Corsa Sport isn't doing very well at being about Corsas and Weekend Racer, who we agree can pull off a good event, is dead.

Shall we instead fly CS flags at Combe and look like a niche site which has lost direction? Or shall we support the new venture which, forum posts or no forum posts, is doing ok?

I very much appreciate the feedback but for me there is no choice but to go drastic, the last few weeks have been a major wake up call for me and I'm not intending to carry on for the sake of worrying about what might go wrong. I'm clear, I hope the other staff are, I hope the members can see why change is necessary and will support it. I'm very much aware that there's a lot at stake but I'm also planning for the next 13 years of both organisations, and that future doesn't include missing the opportunities to grow the new kid because the older sister is set in her ways.

Only just double figures at a national show and no online presence for a successful offline club. Those are the facts.
AlexW

13th Sep 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think this is just rushed, one shit turnout at trax and a poor turn out for WR that has no advertising.

Get WR posted up places etc.

I will be at shows next year but i wont be at trax for sure.
JonnyJ

13th Sep 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No hostile take over just a reality check.. I've seen many clubs die over the last 5 years because they didnt move with the times. The 'scene' has changed dramatically, I remember the days of Mynheer bodykits and venom wheels.. Its not like that anymore people appreciate engineering and subtlety but there is only so much you can do with a single Marque club.

There is also not as much money around so it becomes more about the community rather than just the cars.

You might not like that but there are still loads of people who do. One of my favourite cars from Trax wasn't a subtle track focused car but an immaculately clean euro style corsa that had obviously had a lot of time, money and effort spent on it, yet had it been posted on here i can guarantee it would have been slated to fuck for having "silly tyres and fibreglass" yet looking at the photos on many car sites (not ones you would consider Max Power loving) it was one of the most photographed cars and getting lots of comments about how well done it was because they had seen it up close and could appreciate the effort gone into it.

People should be a lot more accepting on here of different styles and tastes, its what makes the entire car community so varied. I dont think I'd enjoy a show where every single car was the same style. Its no wonder we dont attract new corsa owning members.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Sep 10 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so whats the changes then?
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Shall we instead fly CS flags at Combe and look like a niche site which has lost direction? Or shall we support the new venture which, forum posts or no forum posts, is doing ok?

Its easier to fit a new tyre rather than re-invent the wheel.
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i see of new members joining, they must get put off pretty quickly, its one thing i always tried to refrain doing and that is joking about/slating with newbies in their joining post

we were all 16/17 once and wanted glowing interior lights, loud stereo, and some bling wheels
JonnyJ

13th Sep 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
from what i see of new members joining, they must get put off pretty quickly, its one thing i always tried to refrain doing and that is joking about/slating with newbies in their joining post

we were all 16/17 once and wanted glowing interior lights, loud stereo, and some bling wheels

Exactly but its not just cars with lexus lights that get slated here, its any car that doesnt fit into the OEM, big engine category.

Car has stretched euro tyres "fit some proper tyres dick head"

Car has anything other than a gsi kit or irmscher stuff "dont like it, take those god awful bumpers off and fit a gsi kit"

I could go on.

Theres a reason everyone on CS likes the same style and thats because if you dont fit in you get ripped into. That needs to stop and then maybe, just maybe new members with corsa might just hang around and feel at home enough to want to come to shows.
DaveyLC

13th Sep 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There seems to be more of an appreciation of the car here rather than whats glued on to it or what 'scene' it follows.. Which is one of the main reasons I stuck around.
3CorsaMeal

13th Sep 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There seems to be more of an appreciation of the car here rather than whats glued on to it or what 'scene' it follows.. Which is one of the main reasons I stuck around.

i don't get what people are meant to appreciate until its modified. Apart from Gsi styling on the corsa B.

if you have a vxr you are more likely to use the vxr forum
JonnyJ

13th Sep 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Id say there isn't, there is an appreciation of one style and one mindset and if you dont fit into it we aren't interested in having you on the site.

Infact if i posted up the car i first posted up when in joined now im sure it would be slated to fuck because it had 17" chrome wheels, angel eyes, a big stereo and it was a 1.2, and then i wouldnt have stuck around and met the mates i have done. Which would have been a shame because ive made loads of mates through this site, just think of all those other potentially decent people we have put off because they didnt fit the mould of CS.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Combe threads and WR 22 database queries in 0.0203779 seconds