corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents...

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People still living at their parents...
Robbo

User status: Offline
15th Nov 11 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
this is what i generally dnt get though, if x amount for rent/mortgage is out of peoples price ranges then why do they not just find somehting that is?

I guess what you mean is, you could find a shit hole, in a shittier location e.g. studio flat, no parking, high crime rate area which is affordable? but then why would I want to live there?

To be honest, I'm not really a good example in this thread, I don't need to live at home at all really, just suited to far faster saving than if I was renting and I couldn't be bothered to wait. I could easily afford to rent / pay a mortgage already - just seems logical while I make up my mind with what I want to do.
no i mean clearly if thats the case then perhaps moving back home is for the best but there is a general air amongst people (in general - not necy just in this thread) of not beign able to have what you want and so finding an easier option to get to it.

how do people in relationshiops at 25 etc cope with livign with parents, surely thatd be enmough to make you want to find what you could!
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Nov 11 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its mathematically possible Dave.

Just means its a low LTV.
Paul_J

15th Nov 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair Robbo, in London I agree - I plan on renting when I move there - no point even trying to buy.

However, my plan at the moment is to use the stock pile of savings to pay a large (50% + ) deposit on a house / flat outside of london and rent it out. The rent will cover the mortgage with ease and surplus can offset the rent I pay in london.

That is my current plan.
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
IMO, if the pro's and cons of renting and buying were written out, they'd totally balance out

Edit - taking personal circumstances into account of course

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Aaron]
i dunno, the only real pro of buying (which clearly is a massive pro), is that you own the property at the end
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
You never answered the question Gary, did your father touch you as a child?

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Hammer]

Yes Wanted to move out asap to make it stop
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
To be fair Robbo, in London I agree - I plan on renting when I move there - no point even trying to buy.

However, my plan at the moment is to use the stock pile of savings to pay a large (50% + ) deposit on a house / flat outside of london and rent it out. The rent will cover the mortgage with ease and surplus can offset the rent I pay in london.

That is my current plan.
London is a different kettle of fish altogether tbf, no-one can afford to buy anything unless its a family hopme or an investment etc.
Ben G

15th Nov 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people who live at home over the age of 25 are the ones who like to listen to their mum and dad having sex in the next room.
Kerry

15th Nov 11 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
people who live at home over the age of 25 are the ones who like to listen to their mum and dad having sex in the next room.

my bro still lives at home with my mum
my dad died
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
IMO, if the pro's and cons of renting and buying were written out, they'd totally balance out

i dunno, the only real pro of buying (which clearly is a massive pro), is that you own the property at the end

True, but, IMO, the counter argument to that is that if you rent, you can move about as much as you want...with minimal issues concerning spending money etc (assuming that the bond on the place you're leaving is the same as the bond for the place you're going to).
Ben G

15th Nov 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats different.
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not even on the same floor as my parents. So can't hear any of that or vice versa
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You seem to have some "mircale" mortgage deal though Aaron so not sure you can compare..

I still however think you are talking out of your arse: why is it so hard to tell us how much you put down and how much the house cost? Its not like we're all going to go out and steal your identity with some magic numbers..

£330/month on a repayment mortgage even if you were talking a 35 year term would either be buying you a shoebox in Godamnistan or you/daddy/mummy put down a MASSIVE deposit.
BarnshaW

15th Nov 11 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

it actually makes me laugh, its like all the people on here who moved out young feel the need to insult the people still living at home, it really must nark you people, i think its great, i get up in the morn at 7 and i got a cup of coffee waiting for me outside my room, dinner made for me, washing done, and i have loads of money

well gutted to be living at home i am
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Not if its interest only..
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

You seem to have some "mircale" mortgage deal though Aaron so not sure you can compare..

I still however think you are talking out of your arse: why is it so hard to tell us how much you put down and how much the house cost? Its not like we're all going to go out and steal your identity with some magic numbers..

£330/month on a repayment mortgage even if you were talking a 35 year term would either be buying you a shoebox in Godamnistan or you/daddy/mummy put down a MASSIVE deposit.

Thunder LOL'z

Did you not see the clue i gave earlier in the thread about some lump sum payments i made you chump?
Ben G

15th Nov 11 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:

it actually makes me laugh, its like all the people on here who moved out young feel the need to insult the people still living at home, it really must nark you people, i think its great, i get up in the morn at 7 and i got a cup of coffee waiting for me outside my room, dinner made for me, washing done, and i have loads of money

well gutted to be living at home i am

so your mum is your slave? i have more respect for my family then to treat them like that.
Kerry

15th Nov 11 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

this

in which case what was the point? spent years maintaining a house only to have to sell it to pay back the money
may as well of rented and let someone else fix stuff!
BarnshaW

15th Nov 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

she is not my slave, we get on very well she does not work so probably feels the need that her duty is to do things for me and my dad.

you are ok with living out, i am ok with living at home, the difference is between me and you is i dont come on here getting personal with your decision
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm pretty sure Robbo was taling about a repayment mortgage
Ben G

15th Nov 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
she is not my slave, we get on very well she does not work so probably feels the need that her duty is to do things for me and my dad.

you are ok with living out, i am ok with living at home, the difference is between me and you is i dont come on here getting personal with your decision

i'm not getting personal at all i'm simply trying to figure out why people prefer to stay at home, whether it's because of the money, being on their own or not wanting to be tied down etc. you're the one crying about it.
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thunder LOL'z

Did you not see the clue i gave earlier in the thread about some lump sum payments i made you chump?

So how can you be having an argument of rental v's buying when you've got the income to make massive lump sum payments and a big deposit??

We are talking about real world mortgage payments for people moving out not how much it costs now you've paid off a large chunk of it you moron.
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G you are the one throwing wild accusations around of people listening to their parents having the sex
Ben G

15th Nov 11 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and like i said earlier in the thread, i know 2 blokes at work (brothers) who are 25 and 28, earn 35k a year each and still live at home. they always seem to have no money though.
Ben G

15th Nov 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Ben G you are the one throwing wild accusations around of people listening to their parents having the sex

personal experience.

my parents room is in a loft conversion and they said they could hear me and the missus'. not very nice is it?
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So how can you be having an argument of rental v's buying when you've got the income to make massive lump sum payments and a big deposit??

We are talking about real world mortgage payments for people moving out not how much it costs now you've paid off a large chunk of it you moron.

I didnt realise i wasn't welcome in the thead

Oh, i arent having any sort of argument with anyone by the way (except maybe you), i'm just giving my opinion. Then, some cunt flap wades in asking me to provide details of my property purchase

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents... 22 database queries in 0.3968689 seconds