corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Aug 13 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming to Trax Mike?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, sorry. I'm on call next week, but I'll be going to Combe on the 14th.
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to sort out my CV boot issues, after Stee saying about the mounts I had a look at the subframe.

You can see on the lower arm mount, that the clips have been catching it, and taking off the paint. So I had a look round at the mounts, and noticed a bit more movement in the engine than it used to have. It turns out the rear fork mount bolt has rattled loose.

I so did that up tight again, and I'm gonna keep a eye on it.

Then this caterpillar crawled across the drive.

Later on, I removed the driveshaft yet again, to fit another clip, I can't get the hang of the bands so I ended up using the normal clips with the teeth.

As you can see it doesn't have much room, so I went of for a blast, good news the clip stayed on, but it pissed grease out past the clip. So I've got to strip it all down again, and try and make the clips tighter.
monkeytwizzel

31st Aug 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try using a good sized cable tie as tight as you can,they work just aswell.
djgritt
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you not grind/file literally a little bit of the Mount back to stop it catching there?

Like a small slot just over the width of the Clip on that edge?
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by monkeytwizzel
Try using a good sized cable tie as tight as you can,they work just aswell.

I'm pretty sure I haven't got room for a cable tie.
corsadonk
Premium Member

31st Aug 13 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Could you not grind/file literally a little bit of the Mount back to stop it catching there?

Like a small slot just over the width of the Clip on that edge?

I was thinking the same. It just needs the corner taking off. I'm just gonna keep a eye on it, for a bit.
djgritt
Premium Member

1st Sep 13 at 07:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I'd do, little notch out. Shouldn't compromise the Mount and gives the clip that little bit of clearance.

Hopefully I'll be at Combe and can take a proper look around, aiming to be there with WR if I can make it!
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 06:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems to be holding out now, you won't have far to walk to look round it.
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Sep 13 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I had another crack at my inner cv. It still seems to be catching.

You can see the score marks, my plan is the cut a small notch in the subframe, and fill the engine mounts, later on this year. So today all I did was change the clip again for a band.

I'm not sure if it's got more clearance, but it stayed on after a good boot full, and no grease has come out. Which is nice.
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday, I went to the Forge action day at Castle Combe, I had two track sessions booked which I've been gearing up for. I had the tyres fitted in the week, which did a great job for grip, but I could do with a better suspension, because the tyres were touching the inner arch liner on the high speed bumps and bends, mostly Folly.

Looks like I put a good bit of heat into the carriers, but they didn't fade on the sessions which I'm happy about.

and a dirty wheel.

Me and Craig made a video, but the phone holder couldn't get a decent view out the windscreen.
Castle Combe Forge Action day, 14th September 2013. Corsa C Z20LET 11.00 am - YouTube
But overall I'm really happy with the car, and had a few nice comments from people who saw it on track.

[Edited on 15-09-2013 by corsadonk]
djgritt
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were watching from the second chicane in your first outing, and Quarry on your second.

Takes off really well, and sounds great too.
corsadonk
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 05:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
We were watching from the second chicane in your first outing, and Quarry on your second.

Takes off really well, and sounds great too.

Thanks, I did give you a wave on my first session.
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Sep 13 at 06:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha, yeah I saw that, those ones came out blurry as the camera didn't focus quick enough
corsadonk
Premium Member

12th Oct 13 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't done much with the car apart from use and abusing it. But last weekend I noticed my rad was leaking a bit, when I was walking back to it in the petrol station.
So I bought a new radiator for it.

I got this for a decent price, I was given a leaking one a while ago by a friend, but once I pressure tested it, it seemed too much work repair it. I tested this one straight away with my boost leak tester kit. It was fine so I fitted the new one to day.

It looks like my fan has been getting a bit hot, being so close to the turbo, so I've fitted it lower and further over to the O/S which might help.

Nice random engine bay shoot.

It doesn't seem to run any cooler, but it looks nice and it was bit of a bargain, less than a standard pattern part. Which was nice.
corsadonk
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The middle box on my Jetex system came with a smaller bore on the side that fits on to the rest of the exhaust after the cat. I had that bit cut off and a bit of 2 1/2'' pipe welded on so it will fit my sport cat section. But it still had bit of a bottle neck and the middle silencer was massive, so I thought I'd get rid of the lot.

So I ordered a straight length of 2 1/2'' pipe, but the end of the middle box has a slight kink, so I took it to the main man Dale on my way back from work Yesterday, to chop it about a bit and fit a hanger. The hanger is in the wrong place, so it sits a bit low at the back but it went on ok. Once it was on I took it for a test drive and it sounds pretty good on boost. Next month I'm gonna look into getting rid of the sport cat.

[video=youtube;9WkvBj1FDYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkvBj1FDYk[/video]
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Nov 13 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I went out for a blast last night, and while having a play with my mate's Fiesta I stuck it into 2nd and then what looked a loads of smoke came out the back of the car. So I lifted straight away, and pulled over in a safe place asap, all I could smell was coolant which was a lot better than oil. I jumped out and popped the bonnet with loads of steam coming from under it. I checked all round the new rad and pipes, all the water was at the back, it turned out the heater matrix hose on the right had popped off, so I clipped it back on and filled it with water. I keep a gallon in the boot.

I drove home last night, and today I had to give the engine a good clean.

It looks a bit better now, I've also fitted a heat shield last week, because the manifold nuts started to go rusty.

On a plus point my heater is nice and warm, before it's never been very good with it blowing luke warm air.

Also I found a Irmscher heck spoiler in a scrap yard the other day, I've rubbed it down, and primed it and bought another tailgate in the correct colour, which already has the holes for a spoiler.
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Nov 13 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks tidy under the bonnet now!
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Nov 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you.
Steve X16XE

4th Nov 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you buy a new coolant bottle? It's the only thing letting your engine bay down.
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Nov 13 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean, but the water is still really rusty. I'm gonna put some more rad flush through it, and drain it a few more times, I did a few flushes before I fitted the new rad so it's a bit better that before, when the engine was in the Astra it was really bad. Once I'm happy with the water, I'll get another expansion tank for it.

I'm pretty tempted to change the hoses, for silicone ones because all hoses are furred up with rusted inside, but it's the cost.
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Dec 13 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've painted and fitted my Heck spoiler, I'm not that impressed with it so I haven't taken a picture yet.

But the other week, I fitted a few little hoses in the engine bay, because the main breather hose was a bit soft.

Then Yesterday I treated it to a short shifter gearstick.

[video=youtube;kOVfuQxGSIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOVfuQxGSIs[/video]

[video=youtube;u308qa6Eyyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u308qa6Eyyk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

It feels a load better, and a lot less like a pencil in a welly.
Olsrey

15th Dec 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those shoft shift levers are brilliant, loved mine. There is something else you can do to make them feel even more percise too though.

Two cable ties through the 'basket' and around the cradle. Used by quite a few people I know from VVOC.
corsadonk
Premium Member

15th Dec 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice tip. I'll look into it. They are great up grade. I've only done a quick drive in it, because it's so wet at the moment.
sam-6

15th Dec 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great progress mate! Saw this at coombe in the year!

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa C Z20LET Build. More video's. 24 database queries in 0.0274591 seconds