corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football - Sponsored by Fuck you this is mine and Nath's Friday.

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football - Sponsored by Fuck you this is mine and Nath's Friday.
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Aug 13 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've sold two of your main players wanyama and hooper, and replaced them with nobody, you struggled to a draw with Inverness, a team you should be rolling over, and this cl debacle is yet more evidence of the disadvantages of not having the close competition to keep you on your toes and sharp.

[Edited on 28-08-2013 by Steve]
sc0ott

28th Aug 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Players come and go, teams win, draw and lose. Thats football.

If anything the teams are trying harder now that second place is up for grabs.
Hammer

28th Aug 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
You've sold two of your main players wanyama and hooper, and replaced them with nobody, you struggled to a draw with Inverness, a team you should be rolling over, and this cl debacle is yet more evidence of the disadvantages of not having the close competition to keep you on your toes and sharp.

[Edited on 28-08-2013 by Steve]

I have absolutely no idea why I'm engaging someone with less knowledge of football than my 80 year old gran but here goes.

Knocking out a team that beat BATE Borisov in the previous round is not a 'debacle' in fact the suggestion is nothing more than utter hyperbole. We can draw with ICT every time we play them, it doesn't matter - we will win the SPL and we will win it at a canter. Domestic performances will suffer due to European competition. It did under O'Neill, it did under Strachan and it will do under Lennon.

We unfortunately reside in a league which means buying players, developing them for the European stage and then selling them on at a profit to the EPL is a necessity. We don't have the luxury of turning down £20 million for our 2 best players and that is a fact which remains whether the huns died or they didn't.

Since Rangers have died we have won a couple leagues, beat; Barca, Spartak, Benfica and qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League. We are punching above our weight on a regular basis with no Rangers, your suggestion that the lack of competition is somehow hampering us is nothing more than complete and utter bullshit.
Jamie Walby

29th Aug 13 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I agree with Steve.
Marc

29th Aug 13 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Steve, Hamsy and Jamie.
Hammer

29th Aug 13 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Steve. He reads The Daily Mail.
sc0ott

29th Aug 13 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And there was me thinking they watched celtic play their league games.
mikenoncorsa

29th Aug 13 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
And there was me thinking they watched celtic play their league games.

I couldn't think of anything worse, they may have beat Barca and some other teams on one off occasions, it's because they can get up for one big game. Scottish football is dead, the two best players in the league got sold, one to Southampton and one to Norwich! Big deal, hardly massive EPL teams. If Celtic were in the EPL they would struggle for top half I feel as the team is so poor. Oh, and the team they beat got through by beating the might BATE Borisov, wow!
Eck
Premium Member

29th Aug 13 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As if Match Day needed any more eejits.

<<  8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football - Sponsored by Fuck you this is mine and Nath's Friday. 23 database queries in 0.0125139 seconds