corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.

New Poll
  <<  107    108    109    110    111    112    113  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 15 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some more pics/vids of the fiesta

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

3rd May 15 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep trying but she never lets me drive it she hides the keys, even though I pay for it!

Driving it at the moment though and absolutely love it. Handles like a proper go kart and boosts up instantaneously. So fun to drive.
--ToM--

3rd May 15 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on 235 35 on th vxr, don't enjoy having to weld my wheels back together all the time either haha
Ben G

4th May 15 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly that mate!

Started the car up today without the intake on. Sounds like a beast
Ben G

4th May 15 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered a bowden cable for the bonnet. £10 for OEM, not bad at all.

Also Gave the Fiesta a wash as it was covered in bird shit and brake dust from over zealous driving got some plain plates to stick on later.

Ben G

5th May 15 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done a vacuum test on my DISA valve and it appears to be buggered probably why it felt down on power.

So yeah, no point buying a repair kit. Have enquired about the price of a new waiting. Currently awaiting a rip off amount to be quoted.
Jambo

5th May 15 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Sell it, its a pit!
Ben G

5th May 15 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really. It was quite happy doing it's job until I decided to check it.

Bare in mind i've had it 3 years and 2 months. Haven't spent massive sums on the mechanical bits until now.
Ben G

5th May 15 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently I was doing the test wrong Just went and retested after advice from another Z4 owner who repaired his and mine is infact serviceable

Good news. Got the price through for a new OEM unit, £208

Repair kit ordered for £50 which includes a screw thread instead of pin, eliminating the falling out issue. Aswell as an aluminium flap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-0-DISA-Valve-Intake-Adjuster-Aluminium-Rebuild-Upgrade-11617544805-/160984813142?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item257b714e56

Hopefully get that lot sorted by the weekend.

Didn't get a chance to do the belts as the bonnet problem took up most of my time.

[Edited on 05-05-2015 by Ben G]
Ben G

7th May 15 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managed to fixed the DISA today.

Repair kit turned up. Not much for £50 here

Old bits removed. The bellhousing (yellowy coloured plastic bit) was so worn that it wasn't holding the flap properly, hence my worry that the whole unit was buggered.

Wasn't too bad a job really. Bit fiddly at times but nothing difficult.

New aluminium flap in, aswell as uprated bellhousing and a threaded screw which won't fall out.

Tested the flap again and this time it has tension so all the parts are doing their job perfectly.

Re-fitted, started the car and all is well

Just got to replace the bonnet cable now and then I can drive it again.

[Edited on 07-05-2015 by Ben G]
Ben G

9th May 15 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changed the bonnet cable today....All was working fine, so I put the front bumper back on and then it decided it didn't want to release the bonnet

It holds the bonnet down fine now, so I can at least drive the car, but if you try to release it, it won't.

Apply pressure to the front middle of the bonnet and it works perfectly. Manually push the bonnet catch down and it works perfectly.

But it doesn't work perfectly when doing what it's supposed to be doing

Really confused.

There is no grease on the catch or hook so i'll do that tomorrow, but I doubt this will make much difference.

So pissed off!

On the plus side I managed to change my sidelight bulbs as the led's were failing and looked rubbish.
Ben G

9th May 15 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and ticked over the milestone mileage today. Car has now lost 50% of what it was worth yesterday

BeetleGav

9th May 15 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines nearly on 80k
I'll have sold mine before 100k I think
Brett
Premium Member

9th May 15 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Airbag light on, ben? Did the Z4 have the recall like the E46? Had a letter through on Friday about it.
Ben G

9th May 15 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been on for about 6 months now not sure on a recall, but it's a very common problem, judging by the problem pages on the Z4 forum

Most people have managed to clean it using inpa. I haven't got it and wouldn't have a clue anyway so need to ask the guy to have a look when it has itn's inspection 2 done.

Hopefully nothing big.

Been reading online and the bonnet catch does indeed require a load of grease, so i'll pop out tomorrow to get some and see if that stops it from sticking. At least it doesn't pop up when i'm driving now!
Ben G

9th May 15 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Mines nearly on 80k
I'll have sold mine before 100k I think

Still planning on a skyline?

Mine is like a different car now i've repaired that DISA. Must have been down on power before. Engine note appears to have changed, oddly and it picks up a lot quicker.
Ben G

10th May 15 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update. Got some grease and applied loads on the catch. Working lovely now it must have not liked metal on metal without any lube.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

10th May 15 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Ben

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Ben G

15th May 15 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Darryl

Just ordered 4 new tyres. £514 hopefully be good for another 12,000 miles at least!

[Edited on 16-05-2015 by Ben G]
Jambo

16th May 15 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offers still there to turn your airbag light off, I guess you just need to move Closer Ben
Ben G

16th May 15 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but Essex is where the magic happens mate!

Todays job was the ignition coils. Been putting it off as I thought it was difficult to do, but it was actually really simple.

Had to remove my strut brace to allow the engine cover to be removed, then simply unplug the old ones and install the new units.

Old ones out. Dunno whether they're any good as spares?

Could've changed the spark plugs if I had a deep enough socket, but it's gonna get some new ones on it's next service anyway, so no big deal.

New ones going in. Black instead of grey for some reason. Same manufacturer.

And done. I quite like it without the cover on. This is how I see engines in work so it's normal to me

Car starts and runs fine so that's good.

Last job is the drive belts which i've been putting off as I hate laying on concrete doing stuff underneath the car

Also got a new ''protection ring'' and screws from BMW to hopefully secure my drivers door lock barrel which turns on it's own.

[Edited on 16-05-2015 by Ben G]
Ben G

17th May 15 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Belts done easy job actually. Aircon belt is tiny and drive belt is simple, but needs 2 people ideally, one to ease off the tensioner from underneath and one from above putting the belt on.

Old belts were well perished. Must have had at least 100 cracks in I always had a squeak noise when driving flat out and changing gear Eg. 0-60 sprints. This has now gone, so I can only assume the belt was causing it.

Word of advice, draw a diagram! There are 6 different pulleys to negotiate so easy to get it wrong.

Not much left to do now. So happy

Fix drivers door lock and fit new door membrane.
Turn airbag light off.
Weld backbox hanger as it's broken off.
Inspection 2.
Wheel refurb.

Then it's finally mechanically sound

[Edited on 17-05-2015 by Ben G]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th May 15 at 20:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must have spent a fortune on it over the last few weeks!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

17th May 15 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost a grand mate be good for another 100,000 miles now, hopefully engines running lovely.
Ben G

19th May 15 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of a balls up with the tyres. Ordered from 2 different companies as it worked out cheaper.

Front tyre order was cancelled due to no stock, even though it clearly said they had stock on their website

So i've had to cancel the rear tyre order as I couldn't find the fronts for anywhere close to the price of the first company, but they've already been sent out so I need to refuse delivery.

Oh well. I'm going to place an order with that same company for a set of Hankook S1 evo's instead as they're not charging me for returning the eagle f1's.

<<  107    108    109    110    111    112    113  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » BMW Z4 3.0i and Fiesta ST-3. - Interior refresh. 24 database queries in 0.0379391 seconds