corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you decleare a re-map

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would you decleare a re-map
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
4th Dec 07 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
but technically, if his insurance allows him, in the event of an accident where the insurance company come and inspect the car and find said non declared mods, they could let him pay for them there and then, meaning his insurance is not invalid at all.

al they do is back date the payments for the modifications to when you first took out the policy.

what.the.hell.are.you.on.about.

so.i.could.insure.a.metro.make.it.into.a.ferrari.then.only.pay.metro.insurance.until.i.crashed

get.a.grip
Limecat
Banned

4th Dec 07 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Muppetsport, are you Teknobry?
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 07 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i.dont.know.what.that.means
Limecat
Banned

4th Dec 07 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nor.does.teknobry.

Oh.I.have.been.told.the.same.as.Ben.G.is.posting.above.
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 07 at 01:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my.space.bar.is.broken.btw

ive.never.heard.of.that.and.to.be.honest.sounds.shady.as.fuck.as.technically.your.not.covred.properly.unless.youcrash.whats.that.all.about
ShEp

4th Dec 07 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-iMac-PowerMac-Graphite-Keyboard-Good-Condition_W0QQitemZ260187745358QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4601QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kayboard for you nic
blebo

4th Dec 07 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but technically, if his insurance allows him, in the event of an accident where the insurance company come and inspect the car and find said non declared mods, they could let him pay for them there and then, meaning his insurance is not invalid at all.

al they do is back date the payments for the modifications to when you first took out the policy.

Thats a big if...

Also what if they turn around and say, well you can back date the mods..that will be an extra £10K please sir.

You then have a choice of a £10K bill or no insurance (= at least £200 fine and six points!!)
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 07 at 09:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no way the insurance would allow you to back date your payments on your mods, they will try and get out of paying out if they can, not make it easier for you to get them to pay out
Dean_W

4th Dec 07 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got told by a lad at an insurance brokers that there is no point in declaring re-maps, headwork, cams or any internal work. What you can't see don't declare. Theres never been any case of an insurance company stripping an engine to look at mods.
Carl

4th Dec 07 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
insurance company come and inspect the car and find said non declared mods, they could let him pay for them there and then, meaning his insurance is not invalid at all.

Carlsberg don't do car insurance..... but if they did.................
Ben G

4th Dec 07 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
theres no way the insurance would allow you to back date your payments on your mods, they will try and get out of paying out if they can, not make it easier for you to get them to pay out

well sorry steve but you are wrong i have all the paperwork from CHURCHILL CAR INSURANCE here are you saying i'm lieing?
Ben G

4th Dec 07 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:

so.i.could.insure.a.metro.make.it.into.a.ferrari.then.only.pay.metro.insurance.until.i.crashed

get.a.grip

again, you are wrong aswell. my car insurer allowed the modifications to be added to my policy after the accident which wasn't my fault meaning my insurance wasn't invalid.

i'm not sure if they would do this if the accident was your fault. but i was the third party in the accident so could have been a reason why they did it?
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 07 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

well sorry steve but you are wrong i have all the paperwork from CHURCHILL CAR INSURANCE here are you saying i'm lieing?

yes, what you claim is ridiculous, basically i could insure a lambo as a corsa then when i crash pay to insure it as a lambo and get a payout.

im sure in your case because the crash wasnt your fault they agreed to do it as they weren't paying out, however it wouldve been a different kettle of fish if the accident was your fault
Paul_J

4th Dec 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
I got told by a lad at an insurance brokers that there is no point in declaring re-maps, headwork, cams or any internal work. What you can't see don't declare. Theres never been any case of an insurance company stripping an engine to look at mods.

Makes sense
Ben G

4th Dec 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably steve, but we'll never know. i understand where you are coming from though, i just don't like to be called a liar when i'm not

but yeah in short, it is a silly idea not delaring modifications. costs you more in the long run - i had to pay £600 extra just to add the alloys and exhaust to my policy.
Ian_GTI

4th Dec 07 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a bird just shitted on my car should i declare it?
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 07 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

get.a.grip

again, you are wrong aswell. my car insurer allowed the modifications to be added to my policy after the accident which wasn't my fault meaning my insurance wasn't invalid.

i'm not sure if they would do this if the accident was your fault. but i was the third party in the accident so could have been a reason why they did it?

basically.your.fuckin.stupid.you.are.not.right.at.all.you.will.find.

are.you.that.fuckin.daft.so.you.could.do.an.engine.change.pay.for.it.as.a.1litre.then.when.you.crash.you.only.then.pay.the.back.payments.so.if.you.never.crash.you.only.pay.1litre.insurance

what.a.fuckin.chump.never.in.a.million.years.is.that.correct.as.at.any.time.you.drive.your.car.its.illegal.if.the.police.stop.and.check.what.do.you.do.

say.oh.its.ok.officer.i.will.just.pay.the.3grand.extra.for.the.last.2.years.right.now.

get.a.grip.
Toby
Premium Member

4th Dec 07 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i think you should draw a line with it when your doin mods, i mean my insurance company know about my wheels and it being lowered and the exhaust, they dont know about it being colour coded and the grill and and any ice or my side reps, i mean theres being covered and fully insured then theres pissing in the wind imo
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 07 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
probably steve, but we'll never know. i understand where you are coming from though, i just don't like to be called a liar when i'm not

you.are.a.liar.and.trying.to.convicne.people.that.insurance.fraud.is.ok.as.you.can.back.date.your.payments

why.get.a.quote.for.anything.then.

your.a.liar.and.you.are.stupid.well.done.supid.liar.
Mertin

4th Dec 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
tbh i think you should draw a line with it when your doin mods, i mean my insurance company know about my wheels and it being lowered and the exhaust, they dont know about it being colour coded and the grill and and any ice or my side reps, i mean theres being covered and fully insured then theres pissing in the wind imo

I agree, same with a set of smoked headlights, gsi spoiler etc. If you crash and their still intact rip them off before the insurance come and look at the car

Insurance is bad enough for young drivers nowdays without declaring mods and making it even more expensive
Ben G

4th Dec 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

you.are.a.liar.and.trying.to.convicne.people.that.insurance.fraud.is.ok.as.you.can.back.date.your.payments

why.get.a.quote.for.anything.then.

your.a.liar.and.you.are.stupid.well.done.supid.liar.

piss off, i have the paperwork here proving it you cunt...
Ben G

4th Dec 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so for the first time you obviously don't know anything. it took me ages to argue the case to them that i will pay the excess for the modifications and in the end they allowed me to do it. probably due to the fact i was the third party in the accident as they would reclaim all costs off the other blokes insurer.

am i wiser because of it? yes
was i stupid? yes
have i learned? yes
are you a fucking wanker for calling me a liar when it was my car and my insurance and i know what i paid for? yes

[Edited on 04-12-2007 by Ben G]
Steve
Premium Member

4th Dec 07 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no need for that level of name calling ben g
Nic Barnes

4th Dec 07 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scan.paperwork.in.then.as.there.is.no.way.that.is.correct

are.you.telling.me.i,could.insure.my.car.as.a.1.litre.with.a.400+bhp.turbo.engine.and.only.have.to.pay.the.proper.rate.if.i.crash

clown.fuckin.clown.

illegal.
Ben G

4th Dec 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had enough of being branded a liar when they allowed me to do it. it's just like saying you don't own a skoda or muppetsports corsa is a ford ka...

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Would you decleare a re-map 22 database queries in 0.0178330 seconds