corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo 8's...talk to me

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Evo 8's...talk to me
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
18th Jan 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would also like to point out that ive probably put more petrol in my Polo GTi than what most Evo owners have put in there Evo over the winter months/weekdays.

So when you compare them both in that sense, a Polo GTi is an extremely expensive car to run.
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
They do cost a bit more than a average car to run, but not loads. I owned Impreza, RS, M3 all 300bhp+ & just serviced them as manufacturer guidelines and never once had any big bills blown up bits or anything I couldnt afford, all insured FC for under a grand. So if your giving people the impression you need to have gold lined pockets to be in one then your wrong or have been unfortunate in your ownership to think differently.

C'mon Colin. There not exactly the kind of car you can run on a budget as well. You'll need a half decent wage and that's a fact.

I was 21 and skint when I had the Impreza, & on 3rd yr apprentice wages when I had the M3

You must have never left Falkirk then lol.
Colin

18th Jan 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

An evo is more expensive to run than a Skoda Taxi, I think that is all he was pointing out.

I reckon you'd use way more fuel & need more services in a Skoda Taxi than an Evo. Then there the small matter of public liability insurance and your licence.....pfffft dont know what your talking about clearly obviously never been a taxi driver!!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
18th Jan 12 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bigron on here has prob spent more on his corsa in the past year than maintaining an evo. No one ever complains you need to be a multi-fucking-millionaire to do that though.

Nic has prob spent more than evo ownership on his corsa and then runs a vec Gsi too.

Too many folk in here thinking they are better than everyone else cos they earn more money or have owned a couple of 'high performance' motors.
Colin

18th Jan 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
They do cost a bit more than a average car to run, but not loads. I owned Impreza, RS, M3 all 300bhp+ & just serviced them as manufacturer guidelines and never once had any big bills blown up bits or anything I couldnt afford, all insured FC for under a grand. So if your giving people the impression you need to have gold lined pockets to be in one then your wrong or have been unfortunate in your ownership to think differently.

C'mon Colin. There not exactly the kind of car you can run on a budget as well. You'll need a half decent wage and that's a fact.

I was 21 and skint when I had the Impreza, & on 3rd yr apprentice wages when I had the M3

You must have never left Falkirk then lol.

Used to drive the M3 to Aberdeen & back regular, got 32mpg...once.
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put it this way. I was £120 a week in fuel for my Evo, JUST GOING TO MY WORK AND BACK. That's 220 miles. So it gets very expensive when using it as a daily. The 4.5k services come up a hell of a lot faster as well so there's even more costs.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NO you didnt colin. Thats impossible unless you earn a 6 figure salary
Colin

18th Jan 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£120 to go 220 miles? Seriously? \

Thats about 10mpg @ 2yrs ago prices.....

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by Colin]
AK

18th Jan 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
quote:
Originally posted by AK
some really stupid comments on here

quote:
If you get an evo, get the clutch done

Why If its working why spend about 1k all in to change it. Do NOT fit a paddle/puk clutch for 400bhp, you'll destroy its refinement round town.

Holy jeebus. Why? I personally think based on my own experience and opinion that it is far easier to have fun with. The clutch feels so much better and is far more suited to launching than a standard clutch. Is that seriously such a stupid comment? I thought I justified my comment in my previous post tbh? I like it so I recommended it.

I just dont understand why someone would replace a nice cluth that works perfectly with a noise twin plate that will be more on/off just so they can do repetative hard launches.

If its a drag car, maybe..... but a run of the mill road car - pointless

I dont know what you use your for but advising all to fit a twin plate clutch (for no reason) as the first thing they should do... is to me a bit daft.

Thats all.
thegsi

18th Jan 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Bigron on here has prob spent more on his corsa in the past year than maintaining an evo. No one ever complains you need to be a multi-fucking-millionaire to do that though.

Nic has prob spent more than evo ownership on his corsa and then runs a vec Gsi too.

Too many folk in here thinking they are better than everyone else cos they earn more money or have owned a couple of 'high performance' motors.

Clown. I've done that too.

Not thats its anyones business but I don't earn a great deal, just choose not to put my wages up my nose or piss it up the wall.
R Lee

18th Jan 12 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove to Edinburgh and back last night from Morecambe. 350 miles give or take. Used a tank and a half, cruising steadily at 80-90mph.
R Lee

18th Jan 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
quote:
Originally posted by AK
some really stupid comments on here

quote:
If you get an evo, get the clutch done

Why If its working why spend about 1k all in to change it. Do NOT fit a paddle/puk clutch for 400bhp, you'll destroy its refinement round town.

Holy jeebus. Why? I personally think based on my own experience and opinion that it is far easier to have fun with. The clutch feels so much better and is far more suited to launching than a standard clutch. Is that seriously such a stupid comment? I thought I justified my comment in my previous post tbh? I like it so I recommended it.

I just dont understand why someone would replace a nice cluth that works perfectly with a noise twin plate that will be more on/off just so they can do repetative hard launches.

If its a drag car, maybe..... but a run of the mill road car - pointless

I dont know what you use your for but advising all to fit a twin plate clutch (for no reason) as the first thing they should do... is to me a bit daft.

Thats all.

It's a toy. I drive it like a toy. OP will most likely be using it as a toy as he mentioned in his post. Standard clutch was pants and not at all that nice, it kept slipping when i wanted to play. I genuinely couldn't be happier with the twin (unless it stops squawking).

Ps. I also stated if he was to run 400/400 then i would get it done.

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by R Lee]
Fro

18th Jan 12 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit. Just. Got. Real.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its slipping fair enough, but they don't slip in case they need replacing anyway do they?
R Lee

18th Jan 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea on a standard model. I drove mine for a 3 miles or so before I opted for more power.
AK

18th Jan 12 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my £300 organic clutch seems ok with 400/380 and constant track abuse.
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine went from 280bhp to 350bhp and the standard clutch was spot on.
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
£120 to go 220 miles? Seriously? \

Thats about 10mpg @ 2yrs ago prices.....

Correct. One of the main reasons I sold it.
AK

18th Jan 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've driven a 380bhp 5 RS with standard clutch and it was a pleasure. Light, not snatchy, no judder and most of all quiet
big eck

18th Jan 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As was mine I was always waiting on something happening tho which thankfully never happened.
flybikeslee

18th Jan 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
No quotes of me being cunty yet?

I've never owned one, I choose to spend more money than yow running multiple vehicles.

Do I need to own one to be able to add up, or to suggest that Lee will be under it himself using Halfords oil?

you know me too well ian
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Jan 12 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BOOM
whitter45

18th Jan 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i would say your opinion is invalid and lesser to that of people who actually have run one yes.

fuck off

sums this site up tbh that reply.

Great way to lead by example

And then you wonder why Jim etc spam threads and people just can't be arsed adding value

What is clear is that through people attitudes this site is running out of users who add value to the site and for guests reading this thread I would question why they would consider joining such a forum

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by whitter45]
andys sxi
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what have i missed for it to be 12 pages about on evo??

April 08 feature car

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo 8's...talk to me 23 database queries in 0.0176890 seconds