corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New moderator appointment

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New moderator appointment
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Mar 12 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

11 pages of mostly tripe It's a catch 22 really. A part of the reason I like CS so much is because it's a community, and you can basically say what you want about a subject (within reason). But it also gets to the point where it's just pure spam. The difficult part would be drawing the line.
Edd

18th Mar 12 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member

There are individuals on here who i will just never get along with, thread after thread after thread of back and forward nonsense i decided that the best policy was just to not get involved in it. Others should do the same.
Bmorgan1993

18th Mar 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Morgan the thing is you say that the people who you say wont mention names etc are actually nice decent people outside of the internet most of us on here have met at one point or another im sure most would agree that the way they are on here is opposite to the way they are in real life

which is probably true obviously i dont know people but why exactly is this problem existing? thats what i don't understand i get the fact not everyone's gonna be all pally pally with each other, but i just really don't get why this is happening all the time ?
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member

Hi Edd
Matty W

18th Mar 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member

Seriously... take a look at yourselves for fucks sake

Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

I've seen everything the Internet has got to offer
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
You're part of the problem then, you gripe about the issue but wont actually sort it out.

I gripe about needing to dick about putting systems in place which will themselves come under scrutiny just because some people post what they like.

Is the problem not the people posting? Or don't you see it like that?
Edd

18th Mar 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

I've already explained how i see it. But its your forum and your move.
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

I just think its absurd that you're not exclusively blaming the people who are posting the stuff in the first place.

These people are supposed to be adults.

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Ian]
nathy_87

18th Mar 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I just think its absurd that you're not exclusively blaming the people who are posting the stuff in the first place.

Said it yourself there. But to be honest, this website is less of a playground than another site I moderate, so count your blessings there Ian.

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by nathy_87]
Jamie

18th Mar 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

ffs its a corsa forum. Calm down.
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member

I'm going to go all serious from now on.
ShEp

18th Mar 12 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
The replies in this thread are a prime example of what's wrong with the site.

Before it gets fashionable to quote this too much, I'd like to talk about solutions instead of problems.

I'm well aware there's a core of thoughtless bickering pricks whose behaviour is getting boring.

Well in my opinion, harmless banter to the extent that it's used on here should fuck off somewhere else.

I'm all for a bit of it, bit it seems people cannot make a thread nowadays without one of the idiots getting in on it first and ruining it before there is any decent replies.

Many a new user has buggered off because of abuse from the "in" crew.

And of course they'll all be along slapping their hands of their chest proclaiming innocence, as they always do.

It's like a bunch of fucking five year old's pushing the teacher to see how far they can get.

I'm not sure on how to combat it without banning's, as giving them somewhere to do it (off day) hasn't worked.

Ban them from posting anywhere but offday? Not sure it can work.
3CorsaMeal

18th Mar 12 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

just going to find some quotes from last months "thread like this"
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

What is your point Jim? You've been a tit for a while now?
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

I think all Ian wants to see is the site being a bit more serious well gen chat anyways as isn't this what this thread was originally about trying to find new mods not to argue about whose at fault for the way the site is right now
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

The original thread was about getting people to move help threads to Help Zone but I quickly realised its a bum job once you factor in all the other crap.
Edd

18th Mar 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I have blamed them? And i've admitted to my own short comings?
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

I was replying to the bit about being part of the problem. Without the bad posts it wouldn't even be an issue.

ShEp

18th Mar 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Illustrate what I'm doing wrong and I'll stop, but you know me I'm brash and offensive but won't have Barnes chatting breeze on here and me ignoring him that's not me.

You sir are a relentless cunt,

You are abusive, crass, and just generally unpleasant.
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

Shep he's not in the flesh though that's the odd thing
Ojc

18th Mar 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

So you can say that and not expect me to react? Dirtyfuckingjockcunt
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 12 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

He hit me first mummy.
Cole

18th Mar 12 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

People baiting again Ollie learn not to react to it
alan-g-w

18th Mar 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You suggested banning them?

You only need to do a search on the usernames to find posts from lots of other people asking why they've been banned and asking for them to come back. Plus the emails they themselves send, Facebook messages, generally not letting it go.

I didn't "do nothing" just because I didn't ban, I complained in posts, I complained in u2us, I gave it all a lot of time and I find it rather offensive that the opinion of me is that I did nothing.

I'm also a bit pissed off that somehow its my fault because other people talk shit? I'd gladly take the blame if my dumb dog did a shit on the pavement, but these people should have a bit more of a handle on their own behaviour.

If bans are the solution give me the list and I'll do them tonight, and we'll see in time whether that closes the issue. I predict a load more replies telling me they're funny and we all love them and they should not be banned because they're active on the site or some shit. And Steve has a good project thread, and Nic has a powerful car, and Oly likes Novas, blah blah, always some mitigation which makes the ban not as simple as you think it is.

I never suggested anyone should be banned.

You say this place is not a democracy sometimes yet you complain about being coerced by people?

You, as head honcho of the site, asked people in posts and u2us to stop certain behaviour. They didn't listen to you, then you did nothing after that.

It's clearly not your fault that some people post shit on a forum that doesn't vet posts. But does it not become your fault when the absolute drivel that was getting posted stays the same way for months on end?

Again, I'm not wanting anyone banned and have actually said this to you before when talking via u2u about you deleting my posts without giving any reason. But on what you said, there were plenty of people asking for that Limecat to be let back on but that wasn't up for debate. And you say that some people would have a fan club so it would make it hard - bit weird to see that you place general opinion of someone across the board before how they are actually acting in conjuntion with any sort of rules that are set up to make a decision.

You actually have no idea how little I care about this shit on the grand scheme of things, it's just stuff I've noticed over the time here. I'd be disappointed to see the site get to a point where it's just clogged with shit so I'll point stuff out if I think it'll help, not to annoy or 'troll'

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New moderator appointment 22 database queries in 0.0155749 seconds