corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » She's Dead.....

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author She's Dead.....
Seany

User status: Offline
11th Apr 13 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was alot of miner around my area lost there jobs because of her . there were people reduced to taking hand outs from others just to feed their family. I dont pretend to be clued up on what happened in her term as I was a baby at the time but from what ive read and been told, the cons definitely out weigh the pros in terms of what she did.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Apr 13 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not surprised you were told she did bad things if you live in the areas people lost their jobs. you have to look at the wider picture though
Seany

11th Apr 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what I mean I'm only going by that facts ive been given. people lost family member and homes due to her. She saved the economy in one sense but ruined the lifes of hundreds of thousands in another. Im not sticking a knife in her back nor am I praising her im sure she would have been re elected if she wasnt doing something right somewhere. It just seems like the usual political bullshit to me though. I wasnt personally affected but I did lose a few family members. Im just glad my family didnt have to struggle through the same as others did.
Gary
Premium Member

11th Apr 13 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF 50% of the country liked her, thats pretty good for a politician. Pretty sure less than 10% like Cameron
Steve
Premium Member

11th Apr 13 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer Cameron to any of the previous labour leaders
Gary
Premium Member

11th Apr 13 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would. Toff.
Dom

11th Apr 13 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
By far the most shocking thing about this thread is that you only need to sell 10000 songs to be at number 1.

But that's only the iTunes chart; need a fair few more to get on the official singles chart
kennySRi

11th Apr 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read that quite a few football games are going to hold a minutes 'silence' this weekend. Surely this is a stupid idea? The Liverpool game is one of them doing it.

As for my opinion towards her, I don't really have one. I'm northern and had a very good childhood and got free milk, so couldn't of been that bad for me.
Nath

11th Apr 13 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Just read that quite a few football games are going to hold a minutes 'silence' this weekend. Surely this is a stupid idea? The Liverpool game is one of them doing it.

As for my opinion towards her, I don't really have one. I'm northern and had a very good childhood and got free milk, so couldn't of been that bad for me.

Liverpool are holding it for the 96 and not her. Arsenal are doing a 90 minute version.
Cavey

11th Apr 13 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, not a chance Liverpool are holding a minute silence for her, they may have one for it being the anniversary of Hillsborough, but I'd imagine that will be loudly announced so people know its not for Thatcher.

Other clubs can do what they want. It'll cause more trouble than its worth and give papers a chance to have a dig at football again though.
kennySRi

11th Apr 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just read some different articles and its for the Hillsborough!

Exactly Cavey. They should just leave it as it'll just cause trouble. Blackburn were going to do it but they've now changed their mind.
LeeM

11th Apr 13 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
By far the most shocking thing about this thread is that you only need to sell 10000 songs to be at number 1.

But that's only the iTunes chart; need a fair few more to get on the official singles chart

10k got it to number 10 in the uk midweek chart, think it only needed 15k to get to number 1.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Apr 13 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
there were people reduced to taking hand outs from others just to feed their family.

Don't forget that a lot of the hardship was brought upon by the unions calling out strikes and forcing people to basically forfeit their wages.

Even in pits that weren't due to close for some years to come, you could end up not working prematurely because you'd be persecuted and victimised if you went to work.

This wasn't a quick 'pit's closed, go find something else', this became a career of sitting outside the pit sitting on a picket line for months. Which causes you to run rather short on money regardless of whether there are other jobs or not.

There wasn't much alternative work but a lot of miners were given the false promise that if they stuck it out, they'd go back in to a working mine on more money so they didn't even go and look for anything else.

Its a terrible situation for a village or small town to lose a major employer but you have to ask to what extent this is a government issue - the places were not profitable because of the nature of what they were mining and the wage demands made that even more untenable.

Or you can be a bandwagon young person who hasn't studied it and just say 'she closed them all one day isn't it terrible'. There's a bit more to it than that.
AlexSXI

11th Apr 13 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi

Liverpool are holding it for the 96 and not her. Arsenal are doing a 90 minute version.

@ Arsenal doing a 90 minute version
Hammer

11th Apr 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Extremely narrow minded to suggest any ill feeling towards her is purely based on her destroying industry. Miles from the case.
Jambo

12th Apr 13 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No surprises that all the people on my news feed slagging Thatcher are all benefit scrounging drains on the welfare system whose pastimes include not driving and complaining they can't get a job (when nearly 30 !) and taking narcotics.
Ben J

12th Apr 13 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got muppets on my FB news feed from my wife's family comparing Thatcher to Adolf Hitler!!!

Usually don't get involved when its "relations" due to the risk of offending someone but fuck it.

[Edited on 12-04-2013 by Ben J]
JonnyJ

12th Apr 13 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is a bit harsh on Hitler that. No need.
Ben J

12th Apr 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bandwagon tickets everywhere in here.
taylorboosh

12th Apr 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im pretty impartial to her tbh
taylorboosh

12th Apr 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe she makes JohnnyJ sit at football matches though
Cavey

12th Apr 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do think the BBC not playing a 52 second song is a bit silly, bowing down to government pressure, censorship and all that.

Can see why they're not though, either way they couldn't win really.
Dave

12th Apr 13 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO they should play it but there is far worse political interference, and quite often blatant bias, going on at the BBC than this.
MoesTavern

13th Apr 13 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
He didn't wish her dead over football. Just said he was happy she has passed now.

The football thing is pretty big though, she demonized and vilified a massive group of people because of the actions of few, and people under her government made up evidence relating to footballing incidents to further back up the lie. if it was done against a religion or race there would of been uproar

That image has stuck with English football for 30 odd years now. I am aware that there was hooliganism around and fans didn't help themselves entirely but that was a small minority.

I'd argue football fans were doing a good enough job demonizing themselves in the 80's, given the violent and racist atmosphere of many grounds in those days.

She made no secret of her hatred of football fans, but such views were hardly uncommon in the days before football became ' fashionable'
Ben G

13th Apr 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Got muppets on my FB news feed from my wife's family comparing Thatcher to Adolf Hitler!!!

Usually don't get involved when its "relations" due to the risk of offending someone but fuck it.

[Edited on 12-04-2013 by Ben J]

are they relations you like? i called my aunt a benefit scrounger on fb and her daughter went mad at me. i never did apologise (why should i? it's fraud) and to this day, i have not spoken to her.

never got a birthday card either. lol.

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » She's Dead..... 22 database queries in 0.0243061 seconds