corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 2013 Top Gear/Top Gear Warning Thread

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2013 Top Gear/Top Gear Warning Thread
Lee_fr200

User status: Offline
28th Jul 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought it was good, and them lambos

Quite liked that vw tiguan
taylorboosh

28th Jul 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never watched it yet, will do tomorrow am
Ben G

29th Jul 13 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Singer 911

Caravans were brilliant. Loved it.

911 reg was rv62 xxo, rav 4 reg was re62 xxo
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone think that particular Tiguan looked quite nice?
Robin
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt enjoy it tbh, Stephen Tyler was boring and slow, the caravan bit was just odd and made little sense,
Throwing away hundreds of pounds of new stuff? Just strange.

Lambo looks shit but is epic on track and the Singer 911 is amazing, highlight of the show!
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sit there wondering why i bother to watch it, deffo getting a bit shit really.

Roll on fifth gear corrado feature i say
DaSess

29th Jul 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really a big fan of any 911 or Porsches, I know nice cars but just don't do it for me don't really see the fascination with Porsches. The Lambo looked unreal but I would last 5 minutes in a car like that before I was dead along with the car, he'll if the stig cant handle it on the track who can?
Tiguan did look nice but the whole caravan thing didn't do anything for me looked a pointless exercise............had better shows.
Ian W

29th Jul 13 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Enjoyed it up until the caravan bit, just seemed a bit pointless and not very funny.

Singer Porsche is now top of my list for what I would buy if I won the lottery
Ben G

29th Jul 13 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How was the caravan bit not funny? You're all too up your own arse to realise it's just a bit of light hearted fun, not a serious review
Ben G

29th Jul 13 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Anyone think that particular Tiguan looked quite nice?

Agreed. A sign we're getting older mate :-(
Ian W

29th Jul 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
How was the caravan bit not funny? You're all too up your own arse to realise it's just a bit of light hearted fun, not a serious review

As everything that happened you could see coming a mile off.

Ben G

29th Jul 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very true, but still immensly funny.

I always wonder whether the caravan spectator people get told about it all beforehand, like we did when hammond came into our work, or whether they just turn up to astonished looks.
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found 2 blokes ragging 2 softroaders & towing caravans at full bore off road with the caravans bouncing along behind pretty funny tbh even if it was pointless
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 13 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Very true, but still immensly funny.

I always wonder whether the caravan spectator people get told about it all beforehand, like we did when hammond came into our work, or whether they just turn up to astonished looks.

was thinking this with the hovervan, when they totalled the restaurant people eating outside.

They must of been told and offered to sit there, what with all the health and safety and risk assessments and insurance etc, surely they have to tell everyone and shut areas off.
Robin
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I didn't think it was a serious review, just obviously didnt 'get' it.

What was the point of buying loads of new stuff then throwing it away and how was that funny? What was funny about washing the cars repeatedly? Or the staged dogging bit?

I just don't get how any of that was funny? I found it about as funny as Frankie Boyle.

chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The people on the hovervan were all payed actors.

I do find myself giggling but knowing that 95% of it is all staged just makes me feel like a mug for laughing.

The singer porsche was covered by chris harris in A LOT more detail, i think it was a 30 min episode so i suggest if you liked the singer then go watch it. Because id already seen the harris clip i found the singer review on top gear crap. All they seem to do is just come up with different similies all the time, just bugs me.

Again with the lambo, seen loads about it on the net but was nice to see it being driven around imola.

I find with the reviews they just are not long enough, so instead of spending more time driving around in some nice motors they go smashing caravans up in yet another completely unfunny scripted segment, more often than not taking up the majority of the show.
p

29th Jul 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
The people on the hovervan were all payed actors.

I do find myself giggling but knowing that 95% of it is all staged just makes me feel like a mug for laughing.

The singer porsche was covered by chris harris in A LOT more detail, i think it was a 30 min episode so i suggest if you liked the singer then go watch it. Because id already seen the harris clip i found the singer review on top gear crap. All they seem to do is just come up with different similies all the time, just bugs me.

Again with the lambo, seen loads about it on the net but was nice to see it being driven around imola.

I find with the reviews they just are not long enough, so instead of spending more time driving around in some nice motors they go smashing caravans up in yet another completely unfunny scripted segment, more often than not taking up the majority of the show.

As I said previously, on YouTube they have full shows from near the beginning, well, when James May joined. So much better than it being the 'entertainment' show that it is today.
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is its all about views, more views the better, i guarentee if they made it a show full of lambo/singer segments they would loose 50% of the numbers.

Look at fifth gear, much better car show but no where near the popularity.

[Edited on 29-07-2013 by chris_uk]
Ben G

29th Jul 13 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fifths gears presenters aren't as good as top gears, imo of course.

Agree about the reviews needing to be longer though.
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What more would you like to see if the reviews were longer?
Ben G

29th Jul 13 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In depth reviews of the changes they've made.
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jul 13 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always like comparisons, they should of tested the lambo with a current lambo or gast car just to show in real time the differences.

If you go watch some of chris harris' reviews they are 20-30 mins long comparing 2 cars and they are always excellent reviews! But the man is a true petrol head so he knows what other petrol heads want to hear, none of this similie bullshit just facts, but because of this he only appeals to a fraction of the topgear type crowd so hes aiming at a niche market.

Tbh, harris' just reviewed the porsche 918 hybrid thing and that was 30 mins i think..
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only like the adventures they do out of the studio tbh, like driving from point a to point b in a car they have bought on a budget.

I find supercars and their stats so boring these days, who really cares anymore?
Now every tom dick and harry is building special cars from carbon and the bhp quotes and 0-60times, top speed etc are just random numbers to me. I think the records have all been broken too many times and they aren't at all relevant in real life as there aren't many places to max these cars. I just don't seem to care or feel impressed. I just look at these cars for 5mins (if that) they go to look at the next. We are just too far advanced these days and the best, most exciting days are gone.

Bored of seeing the lastest BMW M whatever or mercs that can powerslide or seeing a bunch of similar looking family hatchback cars racing up a runway.

The car news they do is boring and about 1 month after you have read about it on the internet.

I think we should produce our own internet based show called adventures in cars and become millionaire tv stars from that.
mwg

29th Jul 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're already getting your geek fix elsewhere then I don't see the problem with Top Gear remaining daft
Christopher

29th Jul 13 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THAT lambo

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 2013 Top Gear/Top Gear Warning Thread 22 database queries in 0.0192800 seconds