corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weekends football sponsored by South African Manginas

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This weekends football sponsored by South African Manginas
Cosmo

User status: Offline
25th Aug 09 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
If it is i'll cut off my cock and stick it on my head.

Quoted and bookmarked for future reference.

[Edited on 25-08-2009 by Cosmo]
Robbo

25th Aug 09 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Milner looked great for you lot
Robbo

25th Aug 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Only 3 games in, long long long way to go yet.

See where all the teams are come xmas and you'll find the top 3 are the same as they finished last season.

True

and

Not in a million years
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say bet you, but im not getting into that on here after Dave ripped everyone off

Still, I do really think come xmas it'll be the normal top 3 as usual.

BTW Fabregas out with a hamstring problem for the next few weeks
Robbo

25th Aug 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Far too many teams looking good and bizarre early results for anyhting to be so certain at cristmas IMO!

Thats fine, Arshavin can play there instead
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fine, like losing your best player wont even be noticeable

By xmas we'd of had what, 20 games? Max of 60pts available by then. I think that'll show what the final run in will be.
Ben J

25th Aug 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

By xmas we'd of had what, 20 games? Max of 60pts available by then. I think that'll show what the final run in will be.

Liverpool nowhere????
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Liverpool nowhere????

Next to arsenal then
Ben J

25th Aug 09 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Id say bet you, but im not getting into that on here after Dave ripped everyone off

Still, I do really think come xmas it'll be the normal top 3 as usual.

BTW Fabregas out with a hamstring problem for the next few weeks

Fabregas misses Celtic game but should be back for Utd. Scans have shown its just a slight strain, nothing serious.
Cosmo

quote:
Fabregas misses Celtic game but should be back for Utd. Scans have shown its just a slight strain, nothing serious.

Not what Ive just listened to Wenger saying.
Ben J

quote:
quote:
quote:

Liverpool nowhere????

Next to arsenal then

I don't have to defend my teams position because its not us who have had a shite start is it!!!
Ben J

25th Aug 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Think you miss heard???

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fabregas-to-miss-wednesday-night-s-clash
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't have to defend my teams position because its not us who have had a shite start is it!!!

Im not asking you to defend any position, Im commenting on what I think will be the case 17 (18 for you) games down the line, not right now.
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Think you miss heard???

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fabregas-to-miss-wednesday-night-s-clash

That is not what SSN just put up of him saying
Ben J

25th Aug 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Im not asking you to defend any position, Im commenting on what I think will be the case 17 (18 for you) games down the line, not right now.

And as we've had a really good start, theres every chance we will be ahead of you in 17/18 games time?
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And as we've had a really good start, theres every chance we will be ahead of you in 17/18 games time?

Burnley have had a great start, does that mean they will?

Fact is we have 51 pts to play for between now and the end of 2009. You have 54. To catch up and overtake 3 (or 6) pts in that time is ridiculously easy.
Tom

25th Aug 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dissapointing result, infact dissapointing performance by many. Laboured and lazy, no urgency and no tempo. Aston Villa deserved there points. Still very early though, we'll see what happens, we need aquilani to come in and hit form. We looked MUCH more balanced with gerrard back in CM when lucas went off for voronin though.....

IMHO whoever wins this year won't need 90 points.....
Hammer

25th Aug 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spurs and Villa will take points of the other sides tipped to win it. It's just easy to slate Liverpool as they've played them both within the first 3 games

Villa should be even stronger by the time the window shuts and they get their injured players back.
Tom

25th Aug 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think villa need to bring in a new CM, they looked ok yesterday but we gifted them the first, the second was bad marking (no comment) and the 3rd was a stupid fowl, they looked about as lacking in creativity through the middle as us.

I think tottenham will given the strength of there squad along with city push the 'top 4' more than anyone else, and yeah hammer we have played both but we should be expecting something from at least one of those games, was almost as if the players wern't bothered yesterday

[Edited on 25-08-2009 by Tom]
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We just lack the creativity that we lost when Alonso was solved.

I cant see any option but to drop Gerrard back until Aquilani is back fit. Between Benayoun and Babel we have enough to fill Gerrards boots in the forward position for now.
Danny P

25th Aug 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a rule I never take notice of any league until x-mas, you cant predict what will happen after 3 games.
Cosmo

25th Aug 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
As a rule I never take notice of any league until x-mas, you cant predict what will happen after 3 games.

Apparently you can after 2, let alone 3.
Tom

25th Aug 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed, I would rather put someone who can dictate the game in the middle for a period until we get someone else capable. Not slating lucas too much as he's doing what he can, he just doesn't seem to be able to create much of an impact in arguably the most important position on the field.
Tom

25th Aug 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good post in liverpool forum all about perspective.

I never react well to a Liverpool loss. I'd like to think that I don't panic, but it is safe to say that my better moods don't usually follow a performance like last nights.

So rather than look for one of our usual scapegoats, I thought I'd try a new perspective....There's been a lot of posts about playing catch up already, and how Citeh, Chelsea, Arsenal & the Mancs are already ahead of us - but, to me, little has been tempered with some common sense.

So take those 4 teams one at a time, and look at what they've really 'achieved' in 2/3 games this season:-

Citeh: Beat Wolves 1-0 at home, and Blackburn away

Chelsea: Who beat Hull in injury time at home, Sunderland away, and Fulham away

Arsenal: Hammered the blue shite away (who have clearly been in disarray), and a Portsmouth side that will do well to stay up this year IMO

the Mancs: beat newly promoted Birmingham 1-0 at home, lost to another newbie in Burnley, and then backlashed against Wigan to win there.

Meanwhile, at the summit, old saggy face at Spurs combined a great opening day performance with a poor one from us to get 3pts, won away at Hull (who again will be nearer the bottom 4 than the top come May), and was gifted a way back into the West Ham game where the 3pts they got could easily have been 1, or none.

Now, compare that to Liverpool....We haven't had a great pre-season, and I would argue that we have had the toughest start out of any of the clubs above. Consider the start of a season is notorious for results you might not expect - mainly because every team is full of beans, everyone thinks they've got a chance. Teams that finished near the bottom think they can be mid-table, mid table think they could finish top 8, and some who finish in europa league spots believe they could break the top 4.

Like most people, I'd expect us to beat Spurs or Villa (certainly not to lose) - but I also think that we need to be at our best to beat teams like that, particularly if they're going to play somewhere near theirs. It's a funny thing is expectation - I wouldn't have expected Citeh to stumble past Wolves, Burnley to beat United or Chelsea to need an injury time winner from Dogbab to see off Hull at home.

My main point, I guess, is this...we can all see that we have not started well, but do not adjust your TV sets, and certainly don't panic. We are more than capable of beating those sides I have mentioned, and they're ties which generally brought the best out of us last season.

We will also have a run where we play the Wolves, Hulls etc - and the rest of the top 4 will be in the position to lose points against europa league sides.

Forget blaming Lucas, the owners or a referee. Rafa will turn this round quickly, our players will bounce back, and we are in still in touching distance. It's 3 games in FFS - keep the faith.

YNWA
Danny P

25th Aug 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P

Apparently you can after 2, let alone 3.

I'll nip down the bookies and bang £100 on Burnley to make Champs League then

<<  10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weekends football sponsored by South African Manginas 23 database queries in 0.0253232 seconds